It seems as though there are a lot of people beaming in on their own, I am meeting up with a friend there and feel as though I already know so many more just through chatting on the Facebook groups and on here. I have been to lots of conventions before, so I would just to say to anyone who is trying it for the first time - just enjoy yourself, have fun and don't feel afraid to go and talk to other fans. I felt just the same the first time I went to one (on my own) and loved it.

• Like 3
  • Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey all!   Just booked my 3 day ticket for this but hardly any of my friends here are trekkies, so was looking to meet some new people there!   I thought others are probably in the same boat, so i

I think with it being the 25th anniversary I have to go, have to have to have to, and i'm so excited, can you tell? I'm sure i'll see all you guys and gals there, and the little parts too.

It seems as though there are a lot of people beaming in on their own, I am meeting up with a friend there and feel as though I already know so many more just through chatting on the Facebook groups an

I can't wait for this. Just requested to join the facebook page there! I'm travelling from Ireland on my own, and this is my first Star Trek Convention... Very nervous hahah Staying in the Ibis on the Friday night and Saturday night and flying home on the Sunday night!

• Like 1

Anyone new to cons will find that just by waiting in queues you will get chatting to people and find a group to hang out with - I went to my first con with a mate, and actually made more friends on my own as I was forced to make more effort. I now attend every con by myself and meet up with people when I get there. Plus there's so much going on at these events that you are unlikely to feel like a loner! You will spot fellow con goers as soon as you get there so don't worry! :-)

• Like 1

I am coming down for the w/e from the NW of England and I am staying at the Premiere Inn in Beckton. I was thinking of taking the train, but if anyone else from - shall we say the Lancs/Cheshire area (not going to be too specific on a public forum) - would be willing to tolerate a non-driver accompanying them, I'd be happy to pay my share of petrol. Naturally, I'd come to you or meet you somewhere en route.

Have to say that I am not a Fb user nor do I intend to ever be so, so I would hope that those of you that are will remember to post things for the rest of us on the forums - thanks.

Sounds like a hoot, count me and my mate (who is a ringer for Picard, I'm more like a Gorn) in :)

Your friend looks like Picard you say............ I think pictures would be appropriate at this stage! :P;)

• Like 1

Sounds like a hoot, count me and my mate (who is a ringer for Picard, I'm more like a Gorn) in :)

Your friend looks like Picard you say............ I think pictures would be appropriate at this stage! :P;)

ok, maybe thats through booze tainted glasses, he's convinced! We'll be at the Ibis from Friday onwards, we'll be flying the Scotty flag so whiskey is the order the day hehe

ok, maybe thats through booze tainted glasses, he's convinced! We'll be at the Ibis from Friday onwards, we'll be flying the Scotty flag so whiskey is the order the day hehe

What a coincidence...... I love Picard and am also staying at the IBIS :P LOL

I suddenly fear for the hotel now lol

I suddenly fear for the hotel now lol

hahahha.... nah.. I'll be on my best behaviour! :P Promise :P

• 3 weeks later...

Be great to meet up with fellow Trekkies as I'll be on my own. I'm staying at travelodge excel from Thursday night.

Facebook me www.facebook.com/scrappydave

Twitter @DavidTimbrell

Look forward to chatting

Edited by Scrappydave
  • 1 month later...

Hello, im so happy i found this page, travelling down to london on my lonesome as i have zero trekkie fans. I too have never been to any sort of convention before but this is one i could not miss. A late birthday present to myself! Any news on where people are meeting up yet?

Cheers