Guest numbers

raiden58237

Hey guys n girls

I was just wondering is there any chance of the ME guys getting more then 5 guest this chevron. I know you do your best to get them here which Im sure everyone appreciates a lot, I know I do. Anyway is there any chance of an increase to like 10 guest. Overseas ones get 20 guest and we only get 5 here in the UK :D. If it comes to it tie them up and drag them over here lol. Any increase would be amazing.

raiden58237

Edited due to the forum rules - sorry, too much info for Google.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I've edited your post because we're treading very closely to the forum rules that we can not talk about other events here. But I will try to explain the best I can within those rules. I certainly don't want to brush you off and not answer your request with the forum rules as a reason.

The Massive Events shows always get 4 to 6 guests, unless the show is UK based (like Torchwood) and less travel costs have to be taken into account.

If they'd get as many guests as the shows you mentioned they would seriously have to increase the ticket price, and still decrease the number of things included with the ticket. If you compare the details on the websites you'll see how many autographs are not included and no photographs of all are included with any ticket at the shows you mentioned. Even with the most expensive ticket you often have to pay extra for special events that are included with the ME Gold Ticket.

If you add the travel costs in to those details we'd probably look at about three times the current ticket price for a 10 guest line up, and that includes the cuts I mentioned. (This is just an estimate of mine, I am not involved with budget.) The majority of fans in the UK will not or in many case simply can not pay that.

And I just would like to add on a non-official note:

I only attended the last Chevron event 7.8, but I have to say I loved that we only had 5 guest. This was my first convention and you can be sure I would like to meet many other great actors, but these 5 awesome guests made the event so family like. It was just nice that some of them casually walked around and it wasn't a screamy-jumpy convention, but more like a friendly kind. In my opnion it is special that you have time for everything you want. I don't think with 10 or even more guests it would be the same. It would be an insane schelude and running around.

If you want to meet more people I think you should book a ticket for London Film and Comic Con, or Milton Keynes. They are great conventions as well, I plan to go to LFCC myself. They are really nice, but obviously different. And this year, from Stargate there will be Ben Browder and Chris Judge as well, next to many other great guests. :)

And moneywise, Chevron was good and affordable, but if the prices went up, I think many people would have to back off from the event, as it would be really expensive. For obvious reasons, but still not affordable for most of us I think.

• Like 1

And I just would like to add on a non-official note:

I only attended the last Chevron event 7.8, but I have to say I loved that we only had 5 guest. This was my first convention and you can be sure I would like to meet many other great actors, but these 5 awesome guests made the event so family like. It was just nice that some of them casually walked around and it wasn't a screamy-jumpy convention, but more like a friendly kind. In my opnion it is special that you have time for everything you want. I don't think with 10 or even more guests it would be the same. It would be an insane schelude and running around.

I have to agree. It's not about loads of guests, it's a different type of event. I've only done HW3 and Chevron 7.8 but I did find that having 5 guests made it fun, interesting and not too manic. It's a much more relaxed feel to the event. I was kept busy with things to do but never felt rushed, apart from buying extra photoshoots for Amanda on the sunday and have a near clash with Gary's shoot but that worked out fine.

The 5 or maybe 6 which ME stick to seems to be just enough in my view to make an enjoyable but also more relaxed event.

• Like 1

I agree with everyone else here...

These events are meant to be more intimate and relaxed from what I have heard. I have gone to the bigger events and found that there is soo much to do in one weekend.. and gets disappointed if u dont do everything you want..

I cant wait to do this con as it going to be more relaxed.. (well more relaxed than LFCC but I hear the parties are awesome at the ME cons)

I would prefer 4 or 5 to say 10 or 20 guests as there wouldnt be time for anything else bar photos n autos

Thanks for all the post guys. I didn't mean to offend anyone if I have. I was just generally asking about the guest numbers thats all.

I'm sure no-one has taken any offence. If you're new to these things there's no harm asking questions but just be aware that they are intended to be quite a different kind of event to the big shows like LFCC/CM/EMS etc. You feel less rushed with the guests, you're not racing around as much, have time to chat with people and browse the dealer room.

Personally I find it all ticks along at a nice pace and 5 or 6 guests seems about right in this context and I think once you've experienced it you'll hopefully agree too. I'm not a big party person so others will be more enthusiastic about that side of things though the Halloween night at HW3 great fun and I already have a costume sorted for that again plus there was a band playing too which I liked.

But I just liked the whole vibe and even the guests seem to be more relaxed than at other events.

im hopefuly going to collectormanis 18 on 2nd of june if i have the money in time. Jason mamoa will be there along with eric avari. if i have time to see them i will ask if they are able to come along to chevron for all those who havent see them. and for those who have im sure wont mind seeing him again.

Well thanks guys for posting and answering my questions. I have been to chevron before. I have been to 7.7 and 7.8. On 5th May Im going to the star wars con, in june collectormania 18, july the lfcc and november chevron 7.9. I got a busy year and a lot of money to earn lol.

Well thanks guys for posting and answering my questions. I have been to chevron before. I have been to 7.7 and 7.8. On 5th May Im going to the star wars con, in june collectormania 18, july the lfcc and november chevron 7.9. I got a busy year and a lot of money to earn lol.

hi i may be going to collectormania 18 on sat 2nd of june. if we are both there on the day maby we can have a quick chat whilst there. just need to get £100 or something like that in time and i'll defenately be coming.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with everyone else here...

These events are meant to be more intimate and relaxed from what I have heard. I have gone to the bigger events and found that there is soo much to do in one weekend.. and gets disappointed if u dont do everything you want..

I cant wait to do this con as it going to be more relaxed.. (well more relaxed than LFCC but I hear the parties are awesome at the ME cons)

I would prefer 4 or 5 to say 10 or 20 guests as there wouldnt be time for anything else bar photos n autos

couldn't agree more! I think it's wonderful they don't overflow us with guests... you have more time to actually enjoy yourself :)

• 3 months later...

Hey guys n girls

I was just wondering is there any chance of the ME guys getting more then 5 guest this chevron. I know you do your best to get them here which Im sure everyone appreciates a lot, I know I do. Anyway is there any chance of an increase to like 10 guest. Overseas ones get 20 guest and we only get 5 here in the UK :(. If it comes to it tie them up and drag them over here lol. Any increase would be amazing.

raiden58237

Edited due to the forum rules - sorry, too much info for Google.

I have attended other events with more guests and although I've enjoyed them I like our smaller events where we get to see all the guests on both days. More guest = less stage time in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I've just been to Cr*****on's con in Chicago and I prefer these - so many guests, you miss bits cos you are having photos or autographs or at a meet and greet and the guests only stay for a day. With ME you know the guests should be there all weekend and will get far more involved in the events like the quizzes. More commentaries over episodes please - they are great - Kavan Smith and David Nykl did one but I would love to hear Michael and Bill over Evolution!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...