I'm getting excited!

bondy25

Im getting excited as will be buying my gold ticket a week tomorrow and this will be my first ME event I have attended!!!

Can't wait to meet other peeps and have a laugh.. The only cons I done so far is LFCC and CM events...

So what can I expect?

I didn't find anything bad in the previous Chevron. :( Even waiting in the line with friends was fun. :D So for me, no bad experiences, just loads of fun and joy. :D One of the best weekends of my life. :D

So many nice and awesome people, good organizing, really, the best for me. :)

If I win the lottery I'm going to the next one too most definitely. :P

Meeting people! I had a standard ticket so was in completely different lines from the people I went with (Sophia up here and others) who had Gold/Silver tickets, but I still made so many friends by just turning around to face whoever was around me. Strike up conversations with whoever looks friendly and you'll have a blast. :)

ye people are so friendly at the cons. i love being able to go up to anyone whether you know them or not and speak to them. con's are such fun. i hope i can get a job by november so i have the money to go to meet Michael shanks in november and not wait to meet others at a con next year.

I've only been to two ME events so far - HW3 last year and Chevron 7.8

Wasn't sure if these type of events were for me as I don't know many people around here and none of my friends at home are the slightest bit interested in going to any. I've been used to CM:MK, LFCC etc but took the plunge last year and even though I've gone on my own I've really enjoyed myself and now have both HW4 and Chevron 7.9 already booked up.

I don't find it so easy to talk to new people and not a big party person but it's almost impossible not to strike up conversations while queuing for photoshoots, autographs etc or with the people near you in the talks and I'm slowly getting to know people. Plus you see many of them at other events too which helps.

Even though it's quite busy, it feels far more relaxed than the usual signing events and I've really enjoyed it.

But I haven't really got too excited about this event yet. I will but it's a long way off and there's loads of others to look forward to first; CM:MK, LFCC, probably EMS and others which I can't mention on here.

Ah I only ever do show master events! Reason why I not done ME is cause of money mainly! I think I spent around 3k on LFCC over te last two years including food hotel etc!

I'm coming with who crews for SM and I applied to crew at MK so fingers crossed! I'm only excited cause it Michael Shanks! Would of loved the last one be ause the 1st Lady of sci-fi atteded herself but I had to work!

I'm on the Facebook event page set up for this event so say hi on there too!

Ah I only ever do show master events! Reason why I not done ME is cause of money mainly! I think I spent around 3k on LFCC over te last two years including food hotel etc!

That's a quite a lot for one event. At least in my world. I get through a few hundred at a busy event.

I'm coming with who crews for SM and I applied to crew at MK so fingers crossed! I'm only excited cause it Michael Shanks! Would of loved the last one be ause the 1st Lady of sci-fi atteded herself but I had to work!

I'm on the Facebook event page set up for this event so say hi on there too!

Don't want to put a downer on things as you're obviously excited but do keep in mind you should never book an event just based on one guest as cancellations do unfortunately happen but the events are very enjoyable whoever is there to be honest.

I was almost praying as the last one approached that Amanda wouldn't be forced to cancel and thankfully she didn't and was simply awesome. In fact all the guests were amazing and I've not laughed so much in years.

I'm sure this one will be great too and I too really want to meet Michael (have a group photo I'll need him to finish off assuming I get Ben and Chris on it at LFCC) but just be aware.

7.9 will be my third one and can't wait!! On my first one came by myself and never thought I will meet so many friendly peeps:) good advice: charge your batteries as we staying up late and getting up early so not much sleep for us:D I'm on facebook page as well:)- Magdalena - and usually have sort of Hathor costume (my own cretion so not the best one haha) which is easy to spot with red wig:) so say hello when you see me:D

Iv only ever done showmaster. they seem to be doing the events im wanting to go to also are cheaper. i have wanted to go to 1 or 2 other events like ammandas one but its way out my budget. i struggle to only be able to do 1 SM event as it is. i say as long as SM keep doing chevron i'll keep coming(just once a year). iv made so many friends already. its hard not to. prople are so friendly and easy yot talk to.

I was almost praying as the last one approached that Amanda wouldn't be forced to cancel and thankfully she didn't and was simply awesome. In fact all the guests were amazing and I've not laughed so much in years.

They were all so unbelieveably awesome! The last panel almost killed me. I couldn't breath from laughing so hard. :angel: They've gone so crazy. Oaktree and stuff..

Even though there was 1 guest I wasn't interested in at all and one other who I was only okay with, they turned out to be absolutely fabulous to listen/talk to. I'm so happy they were there and I had the best time with all the 5 of them. :)

They were all so unbelieveably awesome! The last panel almost killed me. I couldn't breath from laughing so hard. :angel: They've gone so crazy. Oaktree and stuff..

Don't remind me or I might have an accident :)

Even though there was 1 guest I wasn't interested in at all and one other who I was only okay with, they turned out to be absolutely fabulous to listen/talk to. I'm so happy they were there and I had the best time with all the 5 of them. :)

I was interested in meeting all of them so the lineup was really good for me but I think even if you weren't interested in all of them they won you over with their enthusiasm, interesting and funny stories etc. Brilliant time.

If the next one is half as good it'll be amazing and I already have a silver ticket booked.

That's a quite a lot for one event. At least in my world. I get through a few hundred at a busy event.

I mean not for one event.. i mean over the 2 events i went too.. As i was a con virgin, I jumped at met loads of guests lol..

Im more excited about meeting other people and I am aware that guests can cancel for whatever reason... But as Hub has stopped running and I like Stargate a lot more.. I thought I try out Chevron...

And hopefully am crewing SM events so I wont be going crazy on wanting to meet guests so will save a lot of money..

Now need to get my cosplay sorted....

They were all so unbelieveably awesome! The last panel almost killed me. I couldn't breath from laughing so hard. ;) They've gone so crazy. Oaktree and stuff..

Don't remind me or I might have an accident :)

I was interested in meeting all of them so the lineup was really good for me but I think even if you weren't interested in all of them they won you over with their enthusiasm, interesting and funny stories etc. Brilliant time.

If the next one is half as good it'll be amazing and I already have a silver ticket booked.

Hehe, it was just so hilarious. Sometimes it pops into my mind and I start to giggle all by myself even at work.. Yeah people don't think I'm a weirdo at all. xD

And yep, they absolutely won me over. They were just so kind and funny with everybody. I couldn't believe it's actually happening like that!

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to go to Chevron 7.9, but I do hope it will be just as good as 7.8 was. :)