NEW Dedicated Comic Area at this years LFCC

• Showmasters Admin

For the first time the London film and Comic Con will have a dedicated comic area :dance:

there will be a stage for Q&A's with the guests and a place were the artists will sign your books and also ware you can commission sketches from the artists and buy original art from them .

we have the first of the our comic guest line up today and we will be having more guest being put up on here soon , so lots more to look forward to at this years London film and Comic Con.

This year we are really going to put the comics into the Comic Con :thumbup:

see you there

jason :dance:

• Showmasters Admin

Are the comic guests signing for free? Or are the prices set by you or completely up to them?

In the past all comic guests have signed for free (although there is usually a limit so people don't just turn up with 100 comics to get signed for free), but they have charged for sketches etc.

The pricing of these sketches is down to them.

Any chance of there being some more indie comic focus too if you're putting more effort into justifying the 'comic' part of LFCC this year? I know you can't control what stalls there shopping wise but i'd love appearances from the kind of writers/artists that do the whole lot themselves like Rob Cureton and Marc Ellerby, than someone who just colours in for marvel/dc (oh no she didn't!).

Or writers of more original stories/series generally :-) (though am kind of a noob to comics so I'm not huge on names tbh)

• 4 weeks later...

i'd love to see Jhonen Vasquezes at this. i am not big into comic books but i do read the more obscure ones. like JTHM, Squee, i feel sick, lenore and bear. i also love invader zim and would love to meet jhonen to get him to sign my hardback collector editions of squee and JTHM.

• 3 weeks later...

Great News, I l love meeting the comic artists and writers, and have had some fantastic sketches drawn and signed of my favourite comic characters. All the ones I have met have been fantastic as well, and in some ways seem surprised I think in terms of the interest in them !

A great idea to have all the stalls and guests all in one area as well and talks as well.

I have a copy of the complete dc chronicles hardback that I'm thinking of bringing with me. Most of the artists have worked for dc so would they be willing to sign this do you think? Or are they only there to sign comics they've written or drawn? The books pretty big so don't want to bring it if there's no way they'll sign. I realise the answer will be upto them on the day but I'm just trying to gauge opinion