EVENT CANCELLATION

Massive Events

how do we get a refund for the hotel?
If you have booked a room at The Hilton then if you call them to cancel they are aware of the situation and will happily take care of that for you!

Edit: I need renaming to Too Slow :D

Edited by 1of2

not a surprise, but its always sad to see a con be canceled regardless of if im into it or not. which im not, couldnt care less about the hunger games personally.

reg guests, well they seem to be up for official ones, perhaps the studio have played a part in their attendance in any others? perhaps after the media hype has died down it will be more possible for an event to occur?

this has nothing to do with a certain money grabbing film company that leaves a bitter taste in fan's mouths is it? one cough for yes two for no? lmao :YAHOO:

sad times though, this was going to be my place to see my ET friends when that was over, now i don't know when i'll see people! :'(

Edited by i_heart_the_doctor

any chance of getting extra autographs from the guest at as special price (like the con) for MK? I know it's cheecky but bought a gold for the con. I bought some stuff I wanted signed, some clothes etc

The autos will more than likely be the same price at CM MK as they would have been seperate at the con. You will be refunded your ticket money so you could always use that.

usually at the con, the extra photo/auto are £10 (depending of the guests tue but usually £10)

Awww such a shame! Sad to hear this guys, but understand why you had to do it.

I honestly thought there would be a stronger response to this event!

Oh well, thanks for re-booking the guests from CM:MK! I'm not sure if I can make the event yet or not...but here's hoping! *fingers crossed*

I couldn't attend personally, even though I thought it was a brilliant idea. Perhaps by the time 'Catching Fire' is released you could give it another go? The fanbase for the Hunger Games is still growing and I definitely think it will be more popular by next year.

Anyway, its great to see the guests rescheduled for Milton Keynes :YAHOO:

That's such a shame. Thanks for trying guys.

This was going to be my first ME con. Looks like it will be a while before I try one unless they come up with something new. I've no interest in Whedon, Orks, TB or Twilight.

IMO trying to do a con based on a film is always going to be difficult regardless of the fanbase, especially one based on a single film and a book mainly read by kids. I'm sure more aduts are reading the books because of the hype around the film and of course after seeing it, but despite that it is mainly a children/teenagers series of books.

When it comes to cons linked to films you really need ones that are an established franchise with more than one film already released, such as Star Wars, Bond, etc. Even if you can't get the big names, having a series allows you bigger scope for getting guests.

I was happy with the guests you had lined up for this con, but I think it has to be accepted that neither had big parts in the film and lots of screen time.

If say this had been one for Pirates of the Caribbean, even if you dont get the main three or four, you could go down a level to Kevin McNally, McKenzie Crook or Lee Arenberg and they would be big enough names and characters in the films to at least be instantly recognisable and a bit of a draw.

This con was always going to be a punt, it's a shame it never came off. Maybe the next one will. :)

Just like to add my disappointment as well, we are gutted, I was already trying out my Capitol makeup lol!!

I wonder if it will just take time to build up the hype for HG's a bit more and for the guests to realise we really do wanna meet them.....a bit like the Twilight thing I guess, that took time to gain speed too.

Anyway pleased the guests are now going to CMMK and we've bought a Resident's Pass so you'll still be making us bankrupt as usual :thumbup:

Just like to add my disappointment as well, we are gutted, I was already trying out my Capitol makeup lol!!

I wonder if it will just take time to build up the hype for HG's a bit more and for the guests to realise we really do wanna meet them.....a bit like the Twilight thing I guess, that took time to gain speed too.

Anyway pleased the guests are now going to CMMK and we've bought a Resident's Pass so you'll still be making us bankrupt as usual :P

Everyone hat was going could still go and just spend the weekend nights partying in Birmingham in their costumes. I'm sure everyone would fit in nicely in the Birmingham nightclubs and pubs in your costumes lol

Gutted :P But it's great you're getting guests for collectormania instead. Such a shame, but I feel like the fan base needs time to grow a bit more so there is more interest and of course getting word out about the event. I think the other problem was that most people couldn't afford it almongst other events so were holding off for a while. Fingers crossed at somepoint in the future it becomes do-able again, but if the guests are the main problem that does make sense not to

Bumconkers!! I was waiting to buy my ticket til next payday... I can't make any of the other cons other than Bitten this year... Have managed to finangle my way to ET8 but the dates for everything else doublebook me for every other one!!! Grrrrs.

Bumconkers!!

That actually has to be the best word Ive heard for a very long time :D

Its always sad to hear when an event gets cancelled especially for something as great as the Hunger Games...and I wouldve gone if it wasnt for ET8 cant afford both....really should by my ticket for that sometime soon lol