EVENT CANCELLATION

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are very sorry to announce that we are having to cancel The Games! :D

Unfortunately interest in the show has been very low and coupled with the fact that many of the guests do not seem available to attend such events we have very little option but to cancel.

We had very much hoped that the event would go ahead and felt that we needed to give it every chance by waiting until the release of the film, but ticket sales have hardly increased since then, which is surprising bearing in mind how popular the film has been!

All tickets that have been bought will be refunded onto the card they were purchased with. Please give us a couple of weeks to get this all done, but if you have not had the refund by then please do contact us by e-mail at info@collectormania.com. If you have booked a room at The Hilton then if you call them to cancel they are aware of the situation and will happily take care of that for you!

On a happy note, both Leven and Dayo will now be appearing at Collectormania MK the week before The Games was scheduled to take place. They will be signing autographs and taking part in professional photo shoots and these will be available on the day and photo shoots will also be online in the next day or so. In addition Jacqueline Emerson, Foxface, will also be at Collectormania! :YAHOO:

We are sorry that we have had to cancel The Games and we thank those of you who supported us and the event by purchasing tickets. We hope that we might see you at Collectormania instead.

Thank you and take care,

Mark

This actually sucks as I was really looking forwards to this. Now I need to find out when I can do my costumes that I had planned for it. I only just put up on my blog yesterday about the con and it seemed a few people had gone to look at the website. Maybe try again later in the year because Hunger Games does have a massive fan base I just dont think enough people know about the cons.

I personnally had no interest in the movie and of course in the event.

Any chance that you could reschedule Leven Rambin for LFFC or CMK? I'm a big fan of TSCC and would love to meet her. Thanks

Edit : okay, it's already one !! Sad for those who wanted to go to the event but really happy to meet Leven at CMK !! Thanks :D

Edited by lams9999

any chance of getting extra autographs from the guest at as special price (like the con) for MK? I know it's cheecky but bought a gold for the con. I bought some stuff I wanted signed, some clothes etc

The autos will more than likely be the same price at CM MK as they would have been seperate at the con. You will be refunded your ticket money so you could always use that.

what i think is a really shame is that the guest dosen't seem interested to meet the fans. That is something i think is really sad to hear!!!!

I agree with Andrea, we are ready to pay to meet them, even if they are not the main actors, and they don't want to come to meet their fans?! :D

I'm so disappointed, I've already paid for my plane tickets and I can't be refunded as it's the cheapest price. ;)

Edited by Francesca

what i think is a really shame is that the guest dosen't seem interested to meet the fans. That is something i think is really sad to hear!!!!

I agree with Andrea, we are ready to pay to meet them, even if they are not the main actors, and they don't want to come to meet their fans?! :D

I'm so disappointed, I've already paid for my plane tickets and I can't be refunded as it's the cheapest price. ;)

Sadly we don't know if its the lack of interest from the actual guests or something written in their contracts. As far as I'm aware Josh H is very passionate about his fans. When we were at the premiere his PA was trying to rush him off to go speak to the press and he was like "I'm more interested in the fans, they have been waiting here a lot longer than the press so tell them they can wait"

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Sadly we don't know if its the lack of interest from the actual guests or something written in their contracts. As far as I'm aware Josh H is very passionate about his fans. When we were at the premiere his PA was trying to rush him off to go speak to the press and he was like "I'm more interested in the fans, they have been waiting here a lot longer than the press so tell them they can wait"

I know, Josh is so sweet, I met him at the French Hunger Games premiere, he was the one who took the most time to sign and take pics with the fans. I'm more disappointed by the guests announced for the cons and by the lack of interest about the movie in Europe.

And I'm losing money with this cancellation!

I know, Josh is so sweet, I met him at the French Hunger Games premiere, he was the one who took the most time to sign and take pics with the fans. I'm more disappointed by the guests announced for the cons and by the lack of interest about the movie in Europe.

And I'm losing money with this cancellation!

Well the ones who were announced at least they are still interested as they are doing CM MK. But as I said we don't know if its in their contracts about not doing unofficial cons

gutted! was looking forward to this event but happy that now i will be attending CM MK.

I will have to decided when i can wear my costumes as well might wear the training outfit to CM and effie to London now but we shall see.

Oh and gonna have to cancel my room *sad face*

There appears to be a misunderstanding here.

To clarify all Mark said was;

the fact that many of the guests do not seem available to attend such events
This does not mean that guests do not want to meet the fans. They are simply unavailable for whatever reason. They could be busy with work, or has pointed out it may be due to contractual reasons.

Neither is it referring to the guests that had already been announced for this event. It is about potential guests that ME were attempting to secure for the event who were proving to be unavailable.

• Showmasters Admin
Sure it wasn't edited even though it doesn't say it was? I thought it said otherwise originally :D
Not that I am aware of.

It was edited. I changed it to what it reads now as I realised that I had not originally worded it very well and as it is now reflects what I actually meant! :D

Mark

What a shame! I really wanted to attend this but I dont think I could've made it anyway as it clashed with my madotory work at the Olympics :D

Should make a potter/hunger games/supernatural/once upon a time convention hahaha :D

• Showmasters Admin

how do we get a refund for the hotel?

Ring the hotel.

From the original post.....

If you have booked a room at The Hilton then if you call them to cancel they are aware of the situation and will happily take care of that for you!