Event Start and Finish Time

raiden58237

I was originally asking if I would miss much if I was (and would it be even possible to) arrive late, as well as leave early. I've an expensive few months coming up and I can travel on the day that saves a fair bit. Or I can stay cheaper in central London, if I know with enough time to organise. I have a more expensive place reserved at Elstree but think I will cancel that.

surely attendance of this should be a no brainer for anyone who claims to be a SW fan??

I've only got approx 130 people in the book so dunno how much I qualify :YAHOO: but to be honest I'm not sure how much my heart is in it so much these days

It's a great guest list, full of new names, but none that are screaming out as essential. Not that I'd refuse any of them in the book! And of course there is the studio.

But its still only a nice to attend, not a must attend. I've missed bigger.

Has there been any confirmation regarding parking facilities at the studios? I will be driving, but would like to know where it is my car will be left all day.

Over 400 spaces, apparently. Link below for more info.

Car parking info

Cheers for the link. Hopefully we'll be able to use the car park without having to pay a fee. The sooner all the details for the day are announced, the better :dance:

Only 130 names??? You're just a part-timer!! (I'm joking mate!!)

I would urge you to come to this event - I personally think it's going to be an event that people will remember for years to come!

I agree. And especially where we are going to be as well, theres something quite Magickal once you pull into Elstree and Borehamwood station and walk down the high street.

This is going to be terrifically immense :)

I can confirm 9am start time. Close time is still not final but 6pm is a good guestimate at this point.

And 9am is 100% definite?

Yes, 9am is opening time. Which alternate definition of the word confirm is confusing you?

We dont need smart remarks just some information!

Have to agree with this, saracastic or snappy responses aren't going to do much for ticket sales for this event for those of us who are still deciding whether to come or not.

Agreed. I still have Friends who are considering coming to this but theres more than one factor at play thats making them hesitant about it.

ANY chance of an update I convinced some friends to come to this and now regretting it this is becoming stupid!

Every one will be at Hub this weekend so there's unlikely to be any update before Tuesday.

The information to date is that the start time is confirmed as 9 o'clock. The finish time will be some time between 5.30 and 6.30 p.m.

The schedule is most likely to be put up on here a few days before the event. All guests announced so far are already on here.

If you want more info, it may be worth looking at the Facebook page.

Every one will be at Hub this weekend so there's unlikely to be any update before Tuesday.

The information to date is that the start time is confirmed as 9 o'clock. The finish time will be some time between 5.30 and 6.30 p.m.

The schedule is most likely to be put up on here a few days before the event. All guests announced so far are already on here.

I have just spent over 100 pounds do I really need to trawl through THREE websites trying to get SOME information!! this is becoming a JOKE!!! really starting to regret this!! PUT the schedule up asap if u dont know it then thats a worry!! this is looking like a bore!

I have just spent over 100 pounds do I really need to trawl through THREE websites trying to get SOME information!! this is becoming a JOKE!!! really starting to regret this!! PUT the schedule up asap if u dont know it then thats a worry!! this is looking like a bore!

:( "Patience, you must learn patience!"

:yoda: "Patience, you must learn patience!"

Im bored by this now! not going!

:yoda: "Patience, you must learn patience!"

Im bored by this now! not going!

I understand your fustration. And know that people will be spending lots on booking Trains (and in some cases flexibility is far more expensive than set times when it comes to certain Train companies) yes, we dont even know what Stage we're going to be in yet.

With the amount you've already spent on nonrefundable tickets would it really be worth practically throwing it away? Maybe sleep on this before you make a final decision - if you do go I'll look forward to seeing you there :)

The Facebook page is the page where updates for this event can normally be found first.

Event schedules are not usually released until 1-2 weeks prior to an event.

Edited by 1of2

What schedules are you looking for that you're getting so worked up over? We know theres going to be props and art displays, there will be talks taking place throughout the day, it starts at 9am and finishes around 5.30/6.30 what else is it you need to know??

What schedules are you looking for that you're getting so worked up over? We know theres going to be props and art displays, there will be talks taking place throughout the day, it starts at 9am and finishes around 5.30/6.30 what else is it you need to know??

Think I just like things to be organised lol Im sure it will all be fine on the day! and I AM looking forward to the event!

Just be happy that something like this is actually happening. As I've stated before I very much doubt we'll see the majority of the guests at another event.

Just come along to the event and enjoy the occasion along with lots of other like-minded people.. Walk around and see all the props and original artwork, attend the talks and be sure to have some interesting questions for the guests! You don't need a schedule for any of that!!

The Facebook page is the page where updates for this event can normally be found first.

Event schedules are not usually released until 1-2 weeks prior to an event.

It's not a regular convention though, it's one day for starters. Had I turned up 1pm last Sat for the Hub, I know I could have walked up to the venue, paid on the door and got in. I don't know if it is the same for Empire Day.

A simple yes or no is all I need.

This going to be like no other event, so knowing what it will be like is handy!