Event Start and Finish Time

raiden58237

Hey guys and girls

Does anyone have a rough estimate as what time the event will start and finish on the Saturday. I ask this as I am not staying the night but actually coming up early that morning and going back in the evening. Get back to me asap please.

raiden58237

Good question. But as yet none of us actually know this even though we were told that we would be told this week.

True, some of us are in some cases just down the road albeit a number of Train changes away but I know all too well that for those travelling from up North people have to book their Tickets for Trains in advance - and its not helpful that those who are travelling from further distances dont know the precise times that they need to be at Elstree for.

We're four weeks away from this event now and a clear indication of times of start and finish would be helpful.

As much as we are looking forward to this event, general information about it is lacking, its 3 weeks away and we STILL don`t know what time its starting/finishing, or a schedule or anything. This is the first time we`ve booked a con based on the event rather than guests and we`re disappointed. Friends who have been keen to go have had to pull out due to the lack of info and i know a couple of people who are still waiting on info before they book tickets. As it stands now we don`t know if we can make it due to a mess up regarding my fiances ID or lack of, and we don`t want to be turned away at the door by security because he only has a bank card and credit card bill.

Some general info would be nice!

It's more a case of if I arrive late/leave early, what would I miss? For months I've had a hotel reserved for 2 nights - was considering the moviemart too, but I'd rather save the money and travel on the day.

I dont need to decide until the week before, unless it sells out.

Thanks for the comments guys. I ask because I am coming up and going back the same day. Im leaving at 5.30 in the morning, getting to Borehamwood about 8.20 then leaving again about 6 ish and getting back about 8.30 ish. I also have a surprise b-day party to go to that day which is why I need to know the times of the event. If anyone gets a hold of the event times can they post them on here as soon as possible please. I would really appreciate it if you did.

Thanks for the comments guys. I ask because I am coming up and going back the same day. Im leaving at 5.30 in the morning, getting to Borehamwood about 8.20 then leaving again about 6 ish and getting back about 8.30 ish. I also have a surprise b-day party to go to that day which is why I need to know the times of the event. If anyone gets a hold of the event times can they post them on here as soon as possible please. I would really appreciate it if you did.

You should be fine with those times. I can't see it starting before 9 or finishing later than 6. If you're on Facebook, the info is posted on there first and then put on here some time later.

Kurtz Joiner Archive on Facebook

As much as we are looking forward to this event, general information about it is lacking, its 3 weeks away and we STILL don`t know what time its starting/finishing, or a schedule or anything. This is the first time we`ve booked a con based on the event rather than guests and we`re disappointed. Friends who have been keen to go have had to pull out due to the lack of info and i know a couple of people who are still waiting on info before they book tickets. As it stands now we don`t know if we can make it due to a mess up regarding my fiances ID or lack of, and we don`t want to be turned away at the door by security because he only has a bank card and credit card bill.

Some general info would be nice!

Agreed. I actually thought this was going to be one of those "Sell out" events, and remembering rushing home late from a very sombre Family event to make sure I was in front of the computer ready to buy a Ticket, a Friend of mine was very frantic with trying to get tickets at the same time as this was billed to be something magnificently enormous!

I have my Ticket, and yes, there are people I'd like to meet in the place where it all started (literally) but away from the Guests it will be nice to see the Artwork and other pieces that will be on exhibition and to be within Elstree itself.

With whats been promised so far its shaping up to be a good event.

I just hope that people get the right answers and thus put their worries at ease - or at least help. :)

Please just be aware that although 9am-6pm (approximate) is the general hours for events, this event may be different due to the venue. We don't know what hours the studio will allow.

9am-6pm may well end up being correct :hathor: , but I would hate for anybody to make plans based on that assumption and lose out in some way. If at all possible I suggest waiting until the times are officially announced.

• Moderators

I can confirm 9am start time. Close time is still not final but 6pm is a good guestimate at this point.

And 9am is 100% definite?

Yes, 9am is opening time. Which alternate definition of the word confirm is confusing you?

I can confirm 9am start time. Close time is still not final but 6pm is a good guestimate at this point.

Yes, 9am is opening time. Which alternate definition of the word confirm is confusing you?

Good 9am. And I'm not confused just like to make sure.

We dont need smart remarks just some information! Do you really have no idea of a schedule only a few weeks away from the event? and please STOP using the this is a working studio crap Ive worked in all the major studios and if they dont know at this stage what your planning times etc then thats a worry! Im coming a long way costing a lot in travel and hotels so enough give us the details my god there is more info on the CVI website for August than on here at times!

We dont need smart remarks just some information!

Have to agree with this, saracastic or snappy responses aren't going to do much for ticket sales for this event for those of us who are still deciding whether to come or not.

Edited by Count Fooku

• Showmasters Admin

I can confirm that the opening time is gonig to be 9am.

The end time has not yet been confirmed as we want to get in as much as possible to this amazing day. But if you need an estimate I'd say between 5:30pm and 6:30pm.

We dont need smart remarks just some information!

Have to agree with this, saracastic or snappy responses aren't going to do much for ticket sales for this event for those of us who are still deciding whether to come or not.

Agreed. I still have Friends who are considering coming to this but theres more than one factor at play thats making them hesitant about it.

The end time has not yet been confirmed as we want to get in as much as possible to this amazing day. But if you need an estimate I'd say between 5:30pm and 6:30pm.

no way I could stick around till 6.30 and hope toget home the same day. I'll have to wait for the schedule before deciding.

• Moderators

My apologies for any offence caused, I was only trying to get you the information you requested the moment I heard it and it is frustrating when you answer a question only to find it asked again 5min later.

Why would you wait for a schedule before deciding? It has been confirmed that the show starts at 9am so surely you would stay as long as you could before leaving for your transport home? I really don't think you'll miss too much if you had to leave at, say, around 4pm to catch your train.

Without a schedule being in place its very hard to know what you might miss by leaving the event early. What if the last event of the day turned out to be the thing you most wanted to see, like a Q&A with a particular guest or something? I wouldn't think it would be uncommon to leave what might be considered the main event of the day until the end.

I see your point but surely if you have to leave by a certain time to travel home then whether something is organised after that is completely irrelevant? I can't see someone wanting to attend this event purely for something that might possibly be scheduled for the last hour of the event. With the amount of props, artwork etc. on display and the rare guests attending (most of whom I doubt we'll see again at an event) surely attendance of this should be a no brainer for anyone who claims to be a SW fan??