Certificate of Authentication

raiden58237

Hey guys

I got Amanda Tapping to sign a replica Zat ( I know cool right ) at chevron 7.8 and I have emailed into massive events twice to ask for a certificate of authentication incase I ever decide to sell it but I got no reply both times. I was wondering, do you do a certificate of authentication to say that it was Amanda Tapping who signed it?

raiden58237

Pretty sure the answer to this would be no but I can't speak for ME.

For one thing no-one but you knows you got it signed by her at the event so it's unlikley that anyone will put their name to any kind of authentication.

Plus COA's aren't worth the paper they're written on really. Some dealers don't even provide them anymore but just tag a hologram sticker on the item to show it came from them. Anyone can make one and it all comes down to the reputation of whoever has written it but as ME didn't get the item signed and then sell it to you I can't see that they would put their name to confirming your item was in fact signed by Amanda.

Edited by Rockstar6662

If you want authentication to prove that someone has signed something, the best thing to do is ask if you can take a photo of them signing it. There will be occasions when the answer is no if they are exceptionally busy but more often than not they're likely to say yes.

If you want authentication to prove that someone has signed something, the best thing to do is ask if you can take a photo of them signing it. There will be occasions when the answer is no if they are exceptionally busy but more often than not they're likely to say yes.

That's an option at LFCC/CM events but at Chevron etc you can't take photos in the autograph room so the option wouldn't be possible.

Hey guys

I got Amanda Tapping to sign a replica Zat ( I know cool right ) at chevron 7.8 and I have emailed into massive events twice to ask for a certificate of authentication incase I ever decide to sell it but I got no reply both times. I was wondering, do you do a certificate of authentication to say that it was Amanda Tapping who signed it?

raiden58237

ME is not offering such a service at the present time, sorry.

Ok guys. Thanks anyway. I got proof that I met her at the chevron event so if anyone does ask then at least I have that as some type of evidence. Thanks guys for the quick response. I will remember this at the LFCC as I am bound to get another stargate item replica for either Chris Judge or Ben Browder to sign.