EVENT UPDATE : New Date / New Guests - Update post 128

Why is the Return to Middle Earth website still up and running with tickets still able to be bought? Shouldn't it have been disabled and tickets removed from the shop???

No doubt the person who maintains the website will make the necessary changes as soon as possible. The tickets are probably still on sale because the event is still happening, albeit on a different date that has yet to be confirmed.

Yes that may be the case but people that are ordering tickets from the website are still probably thinking that it's the same date as that hasn't been changed. They'll only know the different date if they go on this forum.

This whole thing is an absolute joke Katie. I am disgusted at the fact that genuine people have now lost hundreds of pounds and the people in charge do not even seem bothered. I for one will not only contact the newspaper but I will also be in touch with trading standards. ME have just lost a loyal customer

• Like 2

Yes I think I might do the same Sarah. Seems like ME don't care at all about us. People have bought flights and hotels!!!! I hope the flights people bought weren't too expensive!!!!

My sister works at the daily mail and usually any complaints I have always get posted. Therefore I will write to them as well.

I'm not normally one to complain but I have lost out on well earned money. At least a weeks worth of pay...when you look at it like that...I think I am liable to kick up a fuss.

I was going to book tickets for the Twilight convention and I know alot of my friends were going to as well. We definately wont be anymore and we will find another Twilight convention to attend which does not include Massive Events...

I know everyone else on here will feel the same...and to be honest...alot of people are getting my back up by supporting Massive Events and sticking up for them!

• Like 1

That really is a shame, the Massive Event shows are fab to attend. On this occasion it does seem that things have been taken out of their hands a little, I for one am eagerly waiting to see what is announced instead, don't forget that they had the Original Hobbits before and get on very well with them and many other of the cast of Lord of the Rings and are themselves huge fans, so they will want to put on the best show they can.

If forum users are sticking up for Massive Events, it is not a misguided loyalty, it is probably because they have attended the shows and had a fab time and want to return. Nobody should belittle someone for not booking a Con hotel, because not everyones finances are able to stretch to that, I have stayed in a travelodge many a time in order to attend a show, but I have to book the option that allows cancellation, both because things can change and I have my own business and therefore could end up not able to attend last minute. I appreciate that the non cancellation option is cheaper though.

Edited by Rhianydd
  • Like 1

• Moderators

If they've been asked not to run the event, I think that's a pretty exceptional circumstance which circumvents any previous belief they had that it would definitely go ahead. Sounds like it was really out of their hands, and while I understand frustrations completely, I'm not sure what else they could have done.

That really is a shame, the Massive Event shows are fab to attend. On this occasion it does seem that things have been taken out of their hands a little, I for one am eagerly waiting to see what is announced instead, don't forget that they had the Original Hobbits before and get on very well with them and many other of the cast of Lord of the Rings and are themselves huge fans, so they will want to put on the best show they can.

If forum users are sticking up for Massive Events, it is not a misguided loyalty, it is probably because they have attended the shows and had a fab time and want to return. Nobody should belittle someone for not booking a Con hotel, because not everyones finances are able to stretch to that, I have stayed in a travelodge many a time in order to attend a show, but I have to book the option that allows cancellation, both because things can change and I have my own business and therefore could end up not able to attend last minute. I appreciate that the non cancellation option is cheaper though.

Agree wholeheartedly :)

I'm eager to see what comes of this new event and support ME, despite the frustration at the postponement - I've been to some ME events before, which have all been great fun and am excited that this event is being tied in with the Hobbit release. Also, I know how annoying it can be to organise events only to have the Big Boys come in and take matters out of your hands.

Hopefully good things will come in the long run for this event!

They can help people out with the money they have lost.

ME/SM aren't liable for money you've spent with/lost from someone else. They'll offer refunds on the event tickets but not on anything else.

Even thou it is their fault....Even thou it is because they said it would not change which is why I got non refundable tickets!

It's a joke...I'm not having a go at anyone but I just think it is absolutely ridiculous and they should fit the bill for their mistakes!

• Like 1

It is not their fault. They have been requested to change the event by someone else. It appears to be the people involved with the films. When they get involved then I suspect that generally you have to go with their wishes. The alternative would have been to cancel the event. It's not the first time that the production company has had a say in the running of these types of events. One that I recall was postponed. Another was prohibited from taking place at all.

It is no different than if a concert/sporting even/etct is cancelled/postponed. When that happens there is normally an option for the event tickets to be refunded, as in this case. Like this event though those organisers are not responsible for refunding/reimbursing the public for transport/accommodation costs.

ME/SM aren't liable for money you've spent with/lost from someone else. They'll offer refunds on the event tickets but not on anything else.

Even thou it is their fault....Even thou it is because they said it would not change which is why I got non refundable tickets!

It's a joke...I'm not having a go at anyone but I just think it is absolutely ridiculous and they should fit the bill for their mistakes!

I have complete sympathy for your situation, as I've booked flights in the past for events that have been cancelled but, unfortunately, SM encourage people to book the hotel using the con code for precisely this eventuality. Sorry.

I'm eager to see what comes of this new event and support ME, despite the frustration at the postponement - I've been to some ME events before, which have all been great fun and am excited that this event is being tied in with the Hobbit release. Also, I know how annoying it can be to organise events only to have the Big Boys come in and take matters out of your hands.

agree with this comment, i have been to most of the Chevron & Hub events and enjoyed every minute of it. hopefully this is gonna be a great event but there is no way i can go with the change of date, waiting now to see if they do the absentee pack

Unrelated to this post...

where did you get that photo in your AVI?

I saw them all in August at Radio one but only met Tre, although that was the only photo with that I needed...

Unrelated to this post...

where did you get that photo in your AVI?

I saw them all in August at Radio one but only met Tre, although that was the only photo with that I needed...

I met him in New York back in 2010 :)

Awesome, looking forward to Emirates next year, be my 32nd time

I am fuming.

Have called laterooms and hotel and they will not give me my money back. I have tried calling massive events and their lines are down due to refurbishment.

MASSIVE EVENTS. WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP ME OUT?

Say bon voyage and enjoy a weekend away of relaxation? :thumbup:

any updates on this? and also i have sent an email reclaiming my money back yet no reply..

You may well not be the only person asking for a refund due to the date change. This is also not the only event being handled at the moment. As with previous refunds, they are processed in due course. Unfortunately, patience will be a virtue both with the processing of the transaction and when the bank gives it back to you.

I truly do empathise with your situation. But, and this is where I am being a devils advocate, what way was the request by the film makers to not ruin the event prior to the release of The Hobbit, Part 1? I feel for both attendees and the organisers as both sets are between a rock and a hard place.

As regards your reservation through LateRooms, have they said why you cannot cancel as there are others who have booked in the same way but gotten refunds?

I booked to stay the park inn and i booked non cancellable as ME said the dates will not change. This is the only reason why I booked non refundable as I had faith it would happen.

Is there any reason why you did not use the covnention code reservation system? Or was there one not in place for this event?