EVENT UPDATE : New Date / New Guests - Update post 128

The convention rate was on the website with details of how to book. Conventions always have a special rate at the hotel where it's taking place for those attending which is much cheaper than the rack rate for that hotel.

http://massiveevents.../info.php?venue

Or not if you book non refundable, as people have done..Booking via your own means is often much cheaper, though as the case with this event, you get burnt should any problems happen..

The convention rate was on the website with details of how to book. Conventions always have a special rate at the hotel where it's taking place for those attending which is much cheaper than the rack rate for that hotel.

http://massiveevents.../info.php?venue

Or not if you book non refundable, as people have done..Booking via your own means is often much cheaper, though as the case with this event, you get burnt should any problems happen..

As I said, it's cheaper than the rack rate, which means it's cheaper than the usual published rate the hotel charges. Yes there are often cheap deals to be had if you shop around, but as with most bargains there's usually a catch, and that catch is generally that it's non-refundable to get that rate. Unfortunately that's the risk you take when you go with that option. Event organisers are never liable for outside expenses other than those booked directly with or through them. I've had concert tickets where the tour was cancelled at short notice and I lost money on the train and the hotel I'd booked, but while I got my money back for the tickets, there was nothing I could do about the rest of the money I'd already spent. These things do happen unfortunately and while no-one would consider threatening the band or the ticket agent to cover their out of pocket expenses due to a cancellation, somehow people think they have a right to threaten convention organisers for the same type of situation. :(

Just wanted to say that I had originally booked for this event when it was previously arranged in November last year - the date then got moved to June of this year and I wasn't able to go then as I was out of the country for those dates. I'd paid for Gold package ticket. I emailed and informed the collectormania place where the tickets are bought, using the reference and email I'd received as the booking confirmation. I was given a full ticket cost refund which was in my bank just over a week later. The banking system itself can take up to 7 working days to process and transfer and credit funds back, so I didn't think a week's wait was unreasonable.

I am fuming.

Have called laterooms and hotel and they will not give me my money back. I have tried calling massive events and their lines are down due to refurbishment.

MASSIVE EVENTS. WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP ME OUT?

Say bon voyage and enjoy a weekend away of relaxation? :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to you starting a thread entitled "Interesting things to do in Northampton on a late November weekend" :whistling:

I am fuming.

Have called laterooms and hotel and they will not give me my money back. I have tried calling massive events and their lines are down due to refurbishment.

MASSIVE EVENTS. WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP ME OUT?

Say bon voyage and enjoy a weekend away of relaxation? :thumbup:

I'm looking forward to you starting a thread entitled "Interesting things to do in Northampton on a late November weekend" :whistling:

Hey its not that hard..Northampton has loads of delights to sample this time of year.. :thumbup:

Can take a nice stroll up to the shopping center, randomly walk between the ibis and park inn hotels, try each kebab shop on the main high street..

If you're feeling REALLY adventerous, then you can take a walk around the beer factory after dark, through pitch black country lanes, never knowing what might be around the next corner or bush, and a couple of miles down the road is a cinema and ANOTHER retail park..spoilt for choice!! :ph34r:

Well, thats what I did anyway after Warp 10 got cancelled, but decided to still make a weekend of it! :laugh:

Can the personal attacks please be stopped? Unfortunately it has got to the level where other users were reporting posts, so I am afraid the point has come where the mods need to step in.

As the matter seems to have been clarified for the poster whose post originally set the discussion off I have included this post with the ones I have hidden.

Once again, thank you for your patience over this event. We do really appreciate it. Please be assured this is the last time the event will be moved or changed

sounds rather absurd now, doesn't it?

Well, seeing as the Film Production Company got involved this time, I think saying it sounds rather absurb is a bit off the mark.

Once again, thank you for your patience over this event. We do really appreciate it. Please be assured this is the last time the event will be moved or changed

Well, seeing as the Film Production Company got involved this time, I think saying it sounds rather absurb is a bit off the mark.

I can't agree (even without your typo). I was always told never to make promises I can't keep.

I can't agree (even without your typo). I was always told never to make promises I can't keep.

Was there a need to do the childish jibe about a typo? Grow up.

*edited*

As per forum rules, other non SM/ME events cannot be discussed.

Edited by DavidB

Was there a need to do the childish jibe about a typo? Grow up.

It's what I do when I am extremely angry. Think yourself lucky - I could have been rude, too.