EVENT UPDATE : New Date / New Guests - Update post 128

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

Sorry that everyone has been kept waiting.

I wanted to come and give you what information I can at this moment with more to come as I get it. For now though, I understand your concerns and you are quite right to have them, and so I wanted to tell you what I could as of now.

We have been asked not to run anything before the release of The Hobbit and so unfortunately we will not be running Return to Middle Earth on 23rd to 25th November 2012.

However, an amazing opportunity has come from this and we have been asked to run something to tie in with the release of The Hobbit during the weekend of 15th / 16th December, right after the Premier in London! Obviously we want to ensure a long working relationship with the people responsible for what we hope will be 3 years of amazing Middle Earth films and I can assure you all that in the long run this is in the best interests of LOTR fandom and everyone who has supported RTME will be remembered.

I can’t say any more on what this event will be or how it will work until I have a few more things put in place, but as soon as I can I will.

For now, with regards to your tickets for RTME you will have several choices :

1). Should we be able to run an event on 15th/16th December you will be able to transfer your ticket to that. We will also ensure that the ticket you transfer to will be of a higher value than that you have already purchased by way of a thank you and acknowledgment of the patience and support you have shown us. (Full details of this will be provided once we know more about what is happening ourselves).

2). At any time you can have a full refund of the tickets you have purchased for RTME. That means you can have it now or when we know what is happening with the potential December event should you not wish to transfer to it.

I want to be very clear that no one will lose the money that they have spent on tickets to RTME. You will either be able to transfer to this other potential event or have a full refund, and the choice will be completely yours. All I will say is that if you can bear with us for another few days we hope to be able to give you the full details of what we are looking at in December and then you will be able to make the best decision for yourselves.

I understand that it is frustrating and I apologies for not getting back to you quicker on this. We had hoped to have more information on the December event by now so we could let you know everything all at once. Obviously we are still waiting on that and it is not fair to continue to say nothing to you.

I hope that you can accept our apologies and will bear with us just a little longer for what we hope will be some very exciting news. Above all that though, I want to assure you all again that no one will lose their ticket money for RTME no matter what happens.

Thank you for your patience and support and I will be back with more information as soon as I can, hopefully within the next day or two.

Take care,

Mark and Jason

Hi there,

Sorry that everyone has been kept waiting.

I wanted to come and give you what information I can at this moment with more to come as I get it. For now though, I understand your concerns and you are quite right to have them, and so I wanted to tell you what I could as of now.

We have been asked not to run anything before the release of The Hobbit and so unfortunately we will not be running Return to Middle Earth on 23rd to 25th November 2012.

However, an amazing opportunity has come from this and we have been asked to run something to tie in with the release of The Hobbit during the weekend of 15th / 16th December, right after the Premier in London! Obviously we want to ensure a long working relationship with the people responsible for what we hope will be 3 years of amazing Middle Earth films and I can assure you all that in the long run this is in the best interests of LOTR fandom and everyone who has supported RTME will be remembered.

I can’t say any more on what this event will be or how it will work until I have a few more things put in place, but as soon as I can I will.

For now, with regards to your tickets for RTME you will have several choices :

1). Should we be able to run an event on 15th/16th December you will be able to transfer your ticket to that. We will also ensure that the ticket you transfer to will be of a higher value than that you have already purchased by way of a thank you and acknowledgment of the patience and support you have shown us. (Full details of this will be provided once we know more about what is happening ourselves).

2). At any time you can have a full refund of the tickets you have purchased for RTME. That means you can have it now or when we know what is happening with the potential December event should you not wish to transfer to it.

I want to be very clear that no one will lose the money that they have spent on tickets to RTME. You will either be able to transfer to this other potential event or have a full refund, and the choice will be completely yours. All I will say is that if you can bear with us for another few days we hope to be able to give you the full details of what we are looking at in December and then you will be able to make the best decision for yourselves.

I understand that it is frustrating and I apologies for not getting back to you quicker on this. We had hoped to have more information on the December event by now so we could let you know everything all at once. Obviously we are still waiting on that and it is not fair to continue to say nothing to you.

I hope that you can accept our apologies and will bear with us just a little longer for what we hope will be some very exciting news. Above all that though, I want to assure you all again that no one will lose their ticket money for RTME no matter what happens.

Thank you for your patience and support and I will be back with more information as soon as I can, hopefully within the next day or two.

Take care,

Mark and Jason

Will it be held at same venue....I do not know if I should try and get my money back (Booked through late rooms and it is no refundable) Or if I can transfer the dates to that weekend?

Thank you

Katie

Aaarg. This is exactly the problem. You've known for days (possibly weeks) that it wasn't happening that weekend, and you still let people carry on booking time off and paying for non-refundable hotel rooms!!!!

You should have let us know it was cancelled/postponed much earlier.

• Like 2

I know this is the first time I have posted to the forum but I didn't get my validation registration until just now. Earlier this week me and my friend heard rumours of this not going ahead I was supposed to be going on the cheaper ticket my friend had two tickets booked for the more expensive ticket. I am not here to cause arguments but I rang The Park Hotel up in Northampton earlier this week and was messed around by them saying they couldn't give me any information one way or another due to the Data Protection Act I talked to the Events Manager at The Park Hotel. I am 39 years old by the way and thought what am I to do next because there was no information coming, eventually and this is ridiculous for someone who is my age my father rang up and managed to get to speak to the General Manager of The Park Hotel in Northampton who categorically confirmed that this event was not taking place at The Park Hotel. So anyone that is staying there please try and get your money back. They had only taken a reservation fee from me in the amount of £34 which they refunded because I booked it through the hotel themselves. So I can categorically say that this event is NOT going on at the hotel. If you wish to confirm this ring the hotel up and ask for the General Manager. I have sent numerous emails to Massive Events, got one automated reply back saying they had received my email but nothing else. Jason, whom I am assuming is organising this I have never been to one of your events before and all we need you to say is where is it going to be held because it isn't being held at The Park Hotel on the dates given on the actual website or has it been cancelled or been moved to another date. If it has been completely cancelled as with any organisation I think its fair to say that we deserve to be told what is happening from you directly regardless of "something going on in New Zealand that we might like". I was really looking forward to going because it was actually a birthday present so I am very disappointed. One of the moderators or you yourself Jason must check the forums. Can you please tell us all if 1) It has been moved to another hotel on the same dates 2) If the event itself has been pushed back to another date at the same hotel or 3) Whether the whole convention has been cancelled. It is now the 11th November 2012. People have taken time off work to go to this convention, they have spent money on tickets and basically we need to know what is going on. Thank you very much for any reply and I am sorry to have had to come on with my first visit and say all of this but I wanted people to know what was going on. I have also put something on the Massive Events facebook page much earlier in the week and there was no reply back from anyone on there and I also messaged the Massive Events facebook page and no reply either. As an organisation you need to tell us what is going on one one or the other. Julie. (I would also appreciate an email back from your organisation as I have sent two emails and received absolutely nothing at all).

that is so well said Jewels, I am not going as I'm American but had some friends who are and I think it's only fair they are told one way or the other!
  • Like 2

Also my friend can't attend on the friday night if its that weekend and I am pretty sure alot of other people wont be able to attend due to christmas arrangements....I know it is wrong for me to continue moaning after we have heard some news but it just isn't good enough! I am not happy about this and feeling very let down and upset.

well done Julie, really well, done, I believe you and all the people who have paid for this event and not have gotten any information as of yet have been more than patient, it is time this event company step up to plate and said on way or the other whether or not the event is on or not! I myself is not so polite and can have a temper, I would have gone to the Trading standards office probably already and even without telling you myself, so well done and said Julie xxxxx

• Like 1

The hotel i booked with is non-refundable.. I mean it is fair on me? ...

This is the same for me....What a predicament ME have put us in....pretty sure they wont take the bill for it...

I am going to try and call teh company...if not we will call credit card company and keep fingers crossed...not fair that we have been put to all this stress and worry over an event which has just been problematic from the beginning!

• Like 1

I've been reading all these messages for an update and I thought getting an update FINALLY would make me feel better and it actually hasn't. It appears that the organisers knew that there was a strong possibility that the date would be changed but it has taken this long for you to notify us. I understand 100% that you were in talks with people bla bla bla but your lack of communication skills and customer service suck. Sorry!

I am appreciative of the update, it was a long time coming, and as much as I was looking forward to this event I most probably will not be able to attend as I have other commitments on the Friday the 14th. As I am sure a number of people will because of how close it is to Christmas.

There is also a high possibility I will lose the £104 that I paid to stay in the park inn hotel.

• Like 2

No, but you had the choice. Pay more and be able to cancel or pay less and be unable to cancel. No one forced you.

Ring up your hotel and explain, they may still refund the money. You won't know until you ask.

No, but you had the choice. Pay more and be able to cancel or pay less and be unable to cancel. No one forced you.

Ring up your hotel and explain, they may still refund the money. You won't know until you ask.

Maybe some people don't have the luxury of being able to afford the extra....and you usually expect when an event as big as this is going on....it wont change...

• Like 1

Also not a great date for the new event, can't change my travel at all so there's pretty much no way I'll be able to go to this new date no matter how incredible the lineup is

Edited by Rhianydd
cant mention/allude to other events on the forum, sorry

I thought getting an update FINALLY would make me feel better and it actually hasn't.

This is exactly how I feel - I really don't know what to make of it! Luckily I hadn't booked anything as I wanted to be more certain the event was taking place before parting with the cash. But with the sheer lack of information and 'dangling the carrot' without further updates does not fill me with confidence to even buy tickets for a re-arranged date. Bit of bummer really :/

Hopefully we'll all get further clarification very soon.

• Like 1

Frustrating news indeed, but thank you for the update. I can now go and cancel my hotel (luckily getting my money back!) and try to clear up my diary for December 14th/15th (although I think I'm booked into seeing the Hobbit film on the 15th...)

Thank you for the update, although it would have been welcome a little sooner.

• Like 1

Thank you for the update.

While I appreciate the (lack of) information, it is hardly a surprise that it's getting ganked, I mean, postponed.

For those hating on others because they can't get their money back, you should be ashamed. Not everyone has the funds to get the super flexible, fully refundable option. All I can say is that I hope that there's no one out there who bought flights.

• Like 3

Thank you for the update.

While I appreciate the (lack of) information, it is hardly a surprise that it's getting ganked, I mean, postponed.

For those hating on others because they can't get their money back, you should be ashamed. Not everyone has the funds to get the super flexible, fully refundable option. All I can say is that I hope that there's no one out there who bought flights.

My gosh...if there are people like that who have bought flights Massive Events needs to pay for that!!!!!

Will it be held at same venue....I do not know if I should try and get my money back (Booked through late rooms and it is no refundable) Or if I can transfer the dates to that weekend?Thank you Katie

I use laterooms for colleagues at work and unless they have changed their policy, you can cancel up to 48 hours (2 days) before your booking. With this much notice you should be ok

My gosh...if there are people like that who have bought flights Massive Events needs to pay for that!!!!!
Unfortunately travelling abroad can be a risk with these type of events. The organiser is not liable for attendee transport costs. If they were then quite simply no organiser would risk running any event around the world unless they had unlimited funds.

Will it be held at same venue....I do not know if I should try and get my money back (Booked through late rooms and it is no refundable) Or if I can transfer the dates to that weekend?Thank you Katie

I use laterooms for colleagues at work and unless they have changed their policy, you can cancel up to 48 hours (2 days) before your booking. With this much notice you should be ok

I used that too! but I am calling yet there seems to be no response. do you have their email or something?

I used that too! but I am calling yet there seems to be no response. do you have their email or something?

With your email or booking reference number this should give you all the detail you need.

"Can I cancel or amend my booking?

Published 30/11/2011 11.05 AM | Updated 01/06/2012 01.10 PM

Yep, as long as you make any cancellations or changes in line with the hotel's policy you will not be charged a penny. The cancellation policy can be found on both the hotel details page and your booking confirmation. Cancellation policies can vary, so please make sure you check the details when booking. If you want to change your booking you can either do it online via

My Account or, if you don't have an account, via the My Booking on our homepage. Alternatively, call our customer service line on 0844 774 2002".

http://laterooms.custhelp.com/app/answers/list

Edited by Samphirette