EVENT UPDATE : New Date / New Guests - Update post 128

But not everyone has had their room cancelled! That hotel have been awful at events in the past with people turning up and finding they don't have a room booked anymore so I wouldn't just rely on a few people getting calls from a hotel who are known for their mess ups!

I know it's a lot of money but I have never been to a ME event and felt let down, just got to keep the faith :)

• Like 1

stargate_nerd > That's brilliant. You think there might be a Random Rogue Refunder on the staff at the Park Inn just mistakenly ringing people up and refunding their reservation? Really? I booked direct on the phone to the conferencing department using the con rate. I wonder if some people booked via the website or on third party websites in which case perhaps no refund? Or maybe it's a long list to get through.

Although I kind of hope the Random Rogue Refunder theory turns out to be true because it's just so.... madcap.

I don't see why ME can't explain the hotel business, e.g. "The event is not happening at the Park Inn and we are looking at an alternative venue in Northampton for the same weekend" OR "The event is not happening at the Park Inn, we haven't been able to find an alternative, so we are going to have to look to move it again. Apologies, more news as we have it, carry on about your business." OR "There is a Random Rogue Refunder at the Park Inn. Everything's fine. See you in two weeks. Over and out."

Why is that so hard?

• Like 1

stargate_nerd > That's brilliant. You think there might be a Random Rogue Refunder on the staff at the Park Inn just mistakenly ringing people up and refunding their reservation? Really? I booked direct on the phone to the conferencing department using the con rate. I wonder if some people booked via the website or on third party websites in which case perhaps no refund? Or maybe it's a long list to get through.

Although I kind of hope the Random Rogue Refunder theory turns out to be true because it's just so.... madcap.

I don't see why ME can't explain the hotel business, e.g. "The event is not happening at the Park Inn and we are looking at an alternative venue in Northampton for the same weekend" OR "The event is not happening at the Park Inn, we haven't been able to find an alternative, so we are going to have to look to move it again. Apologies, more news as we have it, carry on about your business." OR "There is a Random Rogue Refunder at the Park Inn. Everything's fine. See you in two weeks. Over and out."

Why is that so hard?

Like I said earlier I called the park inn and they confirmed it has been cancelled from the park inn (not the event but just that it won't be there anymore...) sooooo this is definitely the case but we haven't been told...worst organisation ever I want to go to the twilight conference but if it is going to be as badly organised as this one I will think differently!!!!

I know this is the first time I have posted to the forum but I didn't get my validation registration until just now. Earlier this week me and my friend heard rumours of this not going ahead I was supposed to be going on the cheaper ticket my friend had two tickets booked for the more expensive ticket. I am not here to cause arguments but I rang The Park Hotel up in Northampton earlier this week and was messed around by them saying they couldn't give me any information one way or another due to the Data Protection Act I talked to the Events Manager at The Park Hotel. I am 39 years old by the way and thought what am I to do next because there was no information coming, eventually and this is ridiculous for someone who is my age my father rang up and managed to get to speak to the General Manager of The Park Hotel in Northampton who categorically confirmed that this event was not taking place at The Park Hotel. So anyone that is staying there please try and get your money back. They had only taken a reservation fee from me in the amount of £34 which they refunded because I booked it through the hotel themselves. So I can categorically say that this event is NOT going on at the hotel. If you wish to confirm this ring the hotel up and ask for the General Manager. I have sent numerous emails to Massive Events, got one automated reply back saying they had received my email but nothing else. Jason, whom I am assuming is organising this I have never been to one of your events before and all we need you to say is where is it going to be held because it isn't being held at The Park Hotel on the dates given on the actual website or has it been cancelled or been moved to another date. If it has been completely cancelled as with any organisation I think its fair to say that we deserve to be told what is happening from you directly regardless of "something going on in New Zealand that we might like". I was really looking forward to going because it was actually a birthday present so I am very disappointed. One of the moderators or you yourself Jason must check the forums. Can you please tell us all if 1) It has been moved to another hotel on the same dates 2) If the event itself has been pushed back to another date at the same hotel or 3) Whether the whole convention has been cancelled. It is now the 11th November 2012. People have taken time off work to go to this convention, they have spent money on tickets and basically we need to know what is going on. Thank you very much for any reply and I am sorry to have had to come on with my first visit and say all of this but I wanted people to know what was going on. I have also put something on the Massive Events facebook page much earlier in the week and there was no reply back from anyone on there and I also messaged the Massive Events facebook page and no reply either. As an organisation you need to tell us what is going on one one or the other. Julie. (I would also appreciate an email back from your organisation as I have sent two emails and received absolutely nothing at all).

• Like 3

This is actually getting beyond a joke now, the event is 12 days away! as Julie said people have spent money and taken time off work for this event and no one can give us any information, thats very unprofessional! you should atleast give basic information even if you can not provide the full story yet especially as people can still buy tickets online, I am just glad I have not bought tickets yet

• Like 1

Beyond a joke is about right. I raised my concerns two months ago, only to be told that I was overreacting by others on this forum, and that things were fine.

Having been to many conventions, LotR related and otherwise, I know that no updates for months is not a good thing.

I want this event to happen. I want a UK based Lotr/Hobbit convention. But most of all, I want some information!!!!

• Like 3

I am actually in shock now that there is no reply still!!! It's not even about the event as much now cos I pretty sure it won't be happening!!!! It's about awful customer service!! I feel completely lied to if I am honest!!!!! Even on the phone...I'm told give us 24 hours and we will definately have an update..that was Friday night!!!! WHAT IS GOING ON??????

• Like 1

Sorry. Just trying to do the people on here a service of actually giving them some news which comes from as reliable a source as you could want - one of the guests. Can't we at least say it has been postponed, as they know it has, and leave the new date announcement for SM or whoever? This really isn't fair to those still hoping/planning to go.

Guys, can we please leave any announcements to SM please? I know everyone is desperate for news. But it doesn't really help if someone posts info they heard elsewhere. This has lead to way too many misunderstandings before.

I don't think anyone has posted anything they have heard elsewhere? Apart from the hotel calling up people and people calling the hotel which in both cases have confirmed it is cancelled!

• Like 1

Sorry. Just trying to do the people on here a service of actually giving them some news which comes from as reliable a source as you could want - one of the guests. Can't we at least say it has been postponed, as they know it has, and leave the new date announcement for SM or whoever? This really isn't fair to those still hoping/planning to go.

Normally I'd even say no to that, again because of the misunderstandings issue I have mentioned. But as this goes along with what the hotel is telling people let's leave it at that. But please no date estimates/guesses/whatever - we've had it happen before that a guest was rescheduled to a totally different show and that caused lots of confusion.

Guys, can we please leave any announcements to SM please? I know everyone is desperate for news. But it doesn't really help if someone posts info they heard elsewhere. This has lead to way too many misunderstandings before.

I don't think anyone has posted anything they have heard elsewhere? Apart from the hotel calling up people and people calling the hotel which in both cases have confirmed it is cancelled!

See above explanation. The post has already been hidden, and as it's been reposted I felt I owed everyone an explanation why it was gone.

OK I am just going to have to say now to Jason or whoever is actually running this event now we have all given you plenty of time to come back to us re my comments before and many other people's comments just to say whether it is actually on at all and I know you have said you are waiting for "news from New Zealand". I am really not a pushy sort of person but I do know that customer service is one thing that a company should pride itself on and nobody has got back to any of us at all. It is now Monday morning your offices must be open I am going to try and call you yet again to see what is going on. I am assuming none of us have been provided with tickets yet? I haven't all I have is the confirmation email that came when I booked my ticket and your company actually said it was going to send out tickets at least 14 days before the event, this has failed to materialise. If there is a problem please tell us all we want is to be kept updated and I have checked all the facebook pages and there is nothing on there yet again. If within the next 48 hours you don't give us all some sort of update and I don't like doing things like this it gives me no pleasure at all, I am going to get in touch with my Trading Standards Office in Birmingham where I live, because this isn't fair on people who have saved money for the event, isn't fair on parents that have paid for their children to go to an event and isn't fair on all of us. As I have said before I am no troublemaker and I fully understand how big organisations work. That is why I am not going to them any earlier. I think WE ALL deserve an explanation of some kind within the next 48 hours of what is actually going on. If you keep us updated people won't come on the forum like me and have to say things like this. Jason or whoever is running this company if you had paid money for an event and 11 days beforehand you had no idea whether it was going ahead wouldn't you be questioning things too? I really don't want to come across too strongly but I think it is getting a bit ridiculous now the lack of information and that is why I have had to put this on the forum. I am a very polite woman so I would never be not polite on here. Please look at all our posts and please come back to us within 48 hours. Thank you Jason. Julie.

• Like 3

OK I am just going to have to say now to Jason or whoever is actually running this event now we have all given you plenty of time to come back to us re my comments before and many other people's comments just to say whether it is actually on at all and I know you have said you are waiting for "news from New Zealand". I am really not a pushy sort of person but I do know that customer service is one thing that a company should pride itself on and nobody has got back to any of us at all. It is now Monday morning your offices must be open I am going to try and call you yet again to see what is going on. I am assuming none of us have been provided with tickets yet? I haven't all I have is the confirmation email that came when I booked my ticket and your company actually said it was going to send out tickets at least 14 days before the event, this has failed to materialise. If there is a problem please tell us all we want is to be kept updated and I have checked all the facebook pages and there is nothing on there yet again. If within the next 48 hours you don't give us all some sort of update and I don't like doing things like this it gives me no pleasure at all, I am going to get in touch with my Trading Standards Office in Birmingham where I live, because this isn't fair on people who have saved money for the event, isn't fair on parents that have paid for their children to go to an event and isn't fair on all of us. As I have said before I am no troublemaker and I fully understand how big organisations work. That is why I am not going to them any earlier. I think WE ALL deserve an explanation of some kind within the next 48 hours of what is actually going on. If you keep us updated people won't come on the forum like me and have to say things like this. Jason or whoever is running this company if you had paid money for an event and 11 days beforehand you had no idea whether it was going ahead wouldn't you be questioning things too? I really don't want to come across too strongly but I think it is getting a bit ridiculous now the lack of information and that is why I have had to put this on the forum. I am a very polite woman so I would never be not polite on here. Please look at all our posts and please come back to us within 48 hours. Thank you Jason. Julie.

i realise this is frustrating for everyone and i kno the date looms ever closer, but i am sure they cant tell us anymore at the moment as they do not have anything to tell, are we really expecting them to post sorry guys we dont kno yet? i think we all pretty much guessed that anyway. my guess is SM contacting new zealand may spell a change BUT its possible that this is due to us getting Hobbit guests, well thats my guess. i kno people have booked hotels etc and i kno more than anyone else how annyoying changes of dates can be, but lets be patient just a little while longer guys

"are we really expecting them to post sorry guys we dont kno yet?"

YES that's exactly what we expect! At this stage just ANY communication at all!

I (and I'm sure a lot of others) don't care any more about knowing what is DEFINITELY happening.

We just want to know what is NOT happening.

If it's NOTat the Park Inn, we need to know now so we can go about getting refunds.

If it's NOT that weekend, we need to know now so we can cancel the time off and the cattery etc.

If I hear one more person say "try and be patient" I will scream.

• Like 1