EVENT UPDATE : New Date / New Guests - Update post 128

Yes not happy with this at all.

I am booked into the park inn hotel but have done it through laterooms when I booked it said non refundable and non cancellable. I am guessing I will not be able to get my money back and I paid more to be booked into the park inn...

Not a happy bunny. Any information would be welcomed right now.

Thanks

If its not happening then we should be told. not left hanging. not impressed with this lack of info at all! :-(

This is a strong indication that the event is taking place.

We actually have some things that are changing and we will be able to give you a full update tomorrow.

I would love to be able to say more but just need to finalise a few things first. If you can just bare with us until tomorrow we hope that you will like what we have to say.

Unfortunately things can't always be announced when planned due to unforeseen circumstances.

ME will make an announcement as soon as they are able to.

Edited by 1of2

I'm still hopeful this event will take place and am confident the organisers will announce something soon.

It's already been said, but all we can do is be patient - announcements can't be made until things are 100% official - imagine if a certain guest was announced without a formal deal being made with them - things could fall through and we'd all be left very disappointed. It's not a professional way of doing things, so ME are doing the right thing by waiting until things are official.

Remember, good things come to those who wait!

• Like 1

Communicating with your customers doesn't have to be about announcements, it can be just checking in or explaining the current situation. The first thing I knew about this was yesterday, followed by hotel cancelling the booking today with no contact from the organising company at all. This is very poor customer care. Come here to find moderators left holding the fort with no information, and unfulfilled promises of announcements. Unimpressed.

• Like 1

Yes not happy with this at all.

I am booked into the park inn hotel but have done it through laterooms when I booked it said non refundable and non cancellable. I am guessing I will not be able to get my money back and I paid more to be booked into the park inn...

Not a happy bunny. Any information would be welcomed right now.

Thanks

Ring up Laterooms anyway. They may cancel it and refund the money. I did once. I hadn't realised how far away a hotel was from the location I wanted to go to and rang them. They refunded me, even though it was non refundable.

• Like 1

• Showmasters Admin

hi everyone , sorry this has taken more time that we thought it would, tonight i have another call into New Zealand and after that call we should be able to tell you all more about whats going on .

lots of things have come up, all in a good way so thank you for being patient with us and we should soon be able to let you know what news we have very soon.

thank you for your understanding on this.

jason

I predict it's getting moved...I called hotel n it's defo been cancelled...because its so close to the premier in NZ I am guessing they will move it to next year so that more guests can attend which is great but people will miss out because it will likely be on a date where some people can't attend...I am hoping this wont be the case for me!! :-( only my prediction thou!!!

Fingers crossed for more news tomorrow! Keep in touch guys! Hopefully we will all see each other soon!!!! X

I predict it's getting moved...I called hotel n it's defo been cancelled...because its so close to the premier in NZ I am guessing they will move it to next year so that more guests can attend which is great but people will miss out because it will likely be on a date where some people can't attend...I am hoping this wont be the case for me!! :-( only my prediction thou!!!

Fingers crossed for more news tomorrow! Keep in touch guys! Hopefully we will all see each other soon!!!! X

Regarding the hotel, I would not take this as read until the event organisers say so. I have been to previous events organised by other event companies and have phoned up about the booking and special needs only to be told no event was booked in. However, it is a case of speaking to a member of staff who knew nothing about bookings and chose to give a simple answer without checking.

I am aware of the frustration, but long time attendees of Showmasters will know of their love of everything Tolkein. They will be moving heaven and earth to make this happen.

I called massive events last night as well....they said that things have changed (which we know anyway) pretty much 100% sure it's not at that hotel anymore from what the guy said...he was really nice thou and said give them 24 hours so fingers crossed it is actually 24 hours n we hear from them this evening!! X

Like everyone else, I would like some info on what's happening. If it's not going to take place, then my husband and I can go somewhere else that weekend.

If it's being postponed, then great. We just want to know so we can book time off etc.

• Like 3

There are delays, and then there are delays. We are essentially less than two weeks away from the event, and we have a venue calling customers to cancel their reservations and not an ounce of news on what is actually going on, save for a few promises of it will be tomorrow.

Apparently tomorrow never comes.

I know my posts have been mainly negative, but I have been waiting and lurking and hanging on ever since this event was first announced two years ago, and I have hung on throughout it's two postponements. I would just like to know if it's going to happen this time.

If they have big news, then great, but they could at least throw us all a bone and let us know if the currently scheduled event is actually going to take place.

Edited by Lady_T
  • Like 3

Until they say it is cancelled then it is going ahead. Simple as. Also, people have asked on this event and others about wanting updates on what is happening or if anything is in the works etc. But, when they get mini updates, but no confirmation, they still complain. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

Until they say it is cancelled then it is going ahead. Simple as. Also, people have asked on this event and others about wanting updates on what is happening or if anything is in the works etc. But, when they get mini updates, but no confirmation, they still complain. Damned if they do. Damned if they don't.

I think people want to know! If the hotel rooms are being refunded then SM/ME have already told the hotel the event is NOT happening or the hotel would not be giving the money back. People have spent alot of money already and feel they are being mucked about AGAIN!