EVENT UPDATE : New Date / New Guests - Update post 128

If Yvie has not been informed of any cancellation, then she is one person who would know rather than not. I have been to conventions for many years past and sometimes the wrong member of hotel staff is asked a question and they answer something you do not want to hear. Wait for Jason to say it is not going on. He is the one running it.

Edited by Elmo Blues

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Sorry that we have not been back to you about this event sooner!

We actually have some things that are changing and we will be able to give you a full update tomorrow.

I would love to be able to say more but just need to finalise a few things first. If you can just bare with us until tomorrow we hope that you will like what we have to say.

In the meantime, please hold tight.

Thank you SO much for your patience and support.

Take care,

Mark :smile:

• Showmasters Admin

Sorry, but I haven't quite managed to get everything in place I need to today. Still trying but looks like it will be tomorrow now, (Thursday), when I can give you a bit more news about what is happening!

Thanks for bearing with me and I think it is something that you will like.

Take care,

Mark :-)

• Like 1

I'm eagerly awaiting any news at all.

I finally got a reply on an email a moderater was kind enough to forward to showmasters for me since mine kept getting lost. Yvie said that she would talk to the organisers over the weekend about getting me a refund but she still hasn't gotten back to me despite me sending ANOTHER email and now this news has been pushed back as well. I am starting to get extremely frustrated with this event now.

This is getting silly...I have booked to stay in the park Inn Hotel....People need to know what is going on as to how they change their own plans. I have booked the friday off work for this also...they will need to know what I am doing and I will need to get a refund on the hotel if this convention is not on anymore...

Pleaseeee let us know about any news as the dates are drawing closer and closer and I am getting very excited but not knowing what is going on is making me feel anxious!

Thanks

Katie xxx

This is getting silly...I have booked to stay in the park Inn Hotel....People need to know what is going on as to how they change their own plans. I have booked the friday off work for this also...they will need to know what I am doing and I will need to get a refund on the hotel if this convention is not on anymore...

Pleaseeee let us know about any news as the dates are drawing closer and closer and I am getting very excited but not knowing what is going on is making me feel anxious!

Thanks

Katie xxx

There should be an update today - have a look on page 3 of this thread.

I'm sure everything you want to hear will be posted either by Mark or by someone very soon. I haven't bought tickets myself as for £89 Standard admission I wnat to know which guests are 100% attending. I'm not too fussed about the parties etc so I'm just after some awesome guests to have photos with.

So wheres this announcement were supposed to be getting then?!

No time of day was specified. Just Thursday was said. He has also said that he is waiting fro confirmation. It may well be frustrating, but it is not going to expedite things.

Just had a telephone call from the Park Inn to say they're cancelling my reservation there as the event is no longer being held at their hotel, and that they will be refunding the money to my card.

Some news from the actual organisers would be really quite welcome right about now....

:thumbdown:

• Like 1