What do YOU look for at LFCC stands?

This is my first post so I thought I'd chuck in a big hello before I start! ;)

This topic is all about the kind of things people look for at LFCC. I ask as I am exhibiting this year (first time, real nervous!) and want to gather as much information on what kind of products/services appeal to people so I can tailor my stand for to suit you!

My worst fear (and I think everyone's) is that people would just walk by without having a browse so I thought I'd ask the question, to avoid this!

I'd really just like some input from LFCC attendee's so I can ensure I'm catering for your needs come July!

So people, please tell me what would you be looking for? :)

Well first off, hello!

Essentially what I look for is a friendly but not pushy seller, could be selling anything geeky as I never go ith anything in particular in mind to buy, with decent prices - and if at all possible prices clearly displayed on items. It's horrible spotting something lust-worthy to find out upon asking that you can't afford it!

Though if anyone would like to sell Invader Zim merch or dvds of Jem! from the 80's I'd probably pay the earth for it regardless of what I've just said lol!

Fandom stuff! So photos, keyrings, action figures etc. I'm a bit of an impulse buyer, especially if the stallholder is a friendly sort! And of course affordable prices are a must. Most people will know the average prices of things they want, and won't buy if they can get them cheaper elsewhere.

I mostly buy 10x8's, either of the guests that are attending, or of people I'm expecting to meet at other events in the near future. If they are 'official' ones (ie. have the show or film logo on) so much the better.

I'll browse jewellery and other fandom stuff if it looks a bit different or catches my eye.

Most likely to stop and browse if the stallholder is friendly, and the prices are competetive.

Most likely to pass by or walk away if the prices are steep, and/or the stall holder is grumpy or pushy.

Good luck :D

A range of things really.

I think its always good to have photos or perhaps more unique items of the stars that are attending the event, it's always good to get something unique or a little different signed. I personally quite like the cast montages that some stands have, and they are good for multi sigs for example.

An other good option might be signed items from other cast members from shows that aren't present on the day , but some of their colleagues are. For example, with Gillian Anderson at the event, I would think signed X Files stuff would be good, particularly if you had any cast photos with David and Gillian, and particularly if they were already signed by David.

For other stuff:

I'm normally needing Ultra Pro magazine or photo sleeves and binders as well for storage for autos.

I tend to also buy a couple of action figures as well, more now for my little boy than myself.

It would be rare now for me to buy DVD's, used to buy a lot, but tend to go for the download route now to watch most things, or watch box sets on Netflix for example.

I like the food stalls that have been round recently as well selling Candy / Snacks from the USA or Japan, these are also great for anyone with kids.

I do often pick up things for friends and families birthdays as well, you tend to see some more unusual items of a particular film or tv series that they are fans of, such as a Start Trek Phaser Remote Control for example.

I think that tends to be about it , certainly in recent years.

• 1 month later...

I usually buy pins, jewellery, 10x8 pictures, keyrings, coasters and sometimes books.

I like everything related to STAR WARS, STAR TREK, LORD OF THE RINGS, HARRY POTTER and many others films or TV series.

At previous LFCC I've found nice merchandise at good price! :thumbup:

I look for

Marvel & DC graphic novels

Figurines

What my son has asked for

and this year I have been giving money to buy bits for my wonder woman costume ie earings necklace keyring etc

The guy who offers sf books for a donation there is always a good find on his book case.

I've recently got into the Adam West/Burt Ward Batman & Robin tv show so if I can find anything related to that for a reasonable price I'm there ^_^ man, I'm gonna have to be sooo good with money next month as payday is June 14th and nothing else til after the show! I'm not even meeting many people but need to pay hotel and want spending money hehe