This will be the last Hub convention

showmasters

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly always wanted to be at the last one....crap crap crap!

I'm gutted - going off now to weep in my weeties.

:thumbup::P:no::no::no:

Rubbish way to start the day!

I wish I could come but finances are s***e and getting over from Oz is never cheap.

Just wish we would've had more notice of it being the last one. May have somehow created a miracle so I could've gotten there.

Thank you Showmasters/Massive Events for the past Hubs - they have been a real hoot!

Well to sort of console myself, I've ordered the Premium Absentee Pack....had to make myself feel better somehow! ;)

Gutted I can no longer make it. Shame since I already have travel & hotel booked but can no longer afford a ticket :D

I wish I could transfer my ticket to you, Ive bought a Silver ticket but probably wont be going....I could of sold it to you for half price or even GIVEN it to you if it meant it got used!

Gutted I can no longer make it. Shame since I already have travel & hotel booked but can no longer afford a ticket :D

I wish I could transfer my ticket to you, Ive bought a Silver ticket but probably wont be going....I could of sold it to you for half price or even GIVEN it to you if it meant it got used!

Ahh, that would of been amazing

Ahh, that would of been amazing

Why dont you ask Showmasters?

I am sorry. I am. Such great times, such great guests, such great talks, such awful jokes. I've been to them all except 4 (couldn't get the time off work) and will be at this one if I have to drive all night (again). Daft thing is, I can't remember if I bought a ticket at the Hub 7 and I can't find a receipt...:D Either way, I will be there. I would say let's send the Hub out with a bang, but CoE beat me to that one... :D

See you all in Northampton

Hope you are all enjoying/enjoyed it. Missed the last few for various reasons & had hoped to go to this one, but being smack in the middle of buying a new gaff & having weekend dog minding duties sprung on me on Thursday (even if he is a cutie) meant I had to drop plans.

Maybe we can resurrect Hub in a year or two as an occasional con, as its too good to let fade away.

Hope you are all enjoying/enjoyed it. Missed the last few for various reasons & had hoped to go to this one, but being smack in the middle of buying a new gaff & having weekend dog minding duties sprung on me on Thursday (even if he is a cutie) meant I had to drop plans.

Maybe we can resurrect Hub in a year or two as an occasional con, as its too good to let fade away.

Sam here for certain reasons I couldn't go. Would love to see some photos though especially of Indira - gutted I missed her.

I, too, hope Hub can be resurrected perhaps in a couple of years. I made it to all but two of the Hub conventions (sadly missing Hub8), and considering I had to fly across the Atlantic to do so, that's no small feat! The Hub has been some of my best weekends EVER. I agree it needs to go on hiatus but I hope The Hub comes back someday. (Hopefully at the Park Inn in Northampton, my favorite venue.)

Here's another vote for the Hub returning, and preferably not in April. Like cowgrrl, I flew across the Atlantic to make every one of them except 4 and 8, as they were held in April when I am swamped with concerts.

These really have been great events. I've been to many conventions over the years, and the Hub events have been the best of them all by leaps and bounds. I met people there who have become great friends that I hope will be in my life forever, colleagues I didn't know I had from places I'd never have imagined them working, and actors and writers with whom I've had stimulating, interesting conversations I'll never forget. I also became greatly fond of your crew, and I hope to see them all again.

Having a Hub event every couple of years would be a lovely excuse to travel to the UK and catch up with people I've come to love solely because I met them at this convention.