Thoughts on the film [CONTAINS SPOILERS]

talie

So who's seen it so far? What did u love? What did u hate? (if anything)

I loved it SO much thought the casting was beyond amazing. Best page to scren adaption i've seen and only tiny things were missed out

I would've liked to see district 11 giving Katniss the bread but I liked the scene with the rioting

Saw it at the preview tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it!

I was wondering how they were going to do the actual Hunger Games part of the film because in the book it's all from Katniss' point of view and so would be 'internal' dialogue, but it was very clever using Caesar, Seneca and President Snow to describe what was going on rather than an internal monologue.

I also loved the fact that the film was so quiet. Unlike Twilight which pumps loud music at you in every scene, The Hunger Games was eerily silent which really set the tone of the movie. Factor in that a lot of the footage was shot on hand held cameras I really created the impression that the viewer was actually in the games with Katniss.

As an adaptation I thought it was really great, it stayed true to central themes of the book, even if a few things here and there were changed or missed out, which is to be expected.

Although, I do agree with you Talie, I really would have liked to see District 11 giving Katniss the bread. It was such a powerful moment in the book. The riot in district 11 instead does work and I suppose could be used against Katniss in the future, but I loved the gesture of the bread.

There were little bits and pieces I thought could have been explained, I saw the film with a friend who hadn't read the book and they didn't understand the significance of the mockingjay or the 3 finger salute.

All in all I thought it was a fantastic movie, one that I would gladly watch again and again. It's also a good adaptation of the books, while I still think the book is slightly better (as it can go into greater details), the film does very well under the time constraints and remains true to the book.

I look forward to seeing what happens with this franchise!!

I finally got to see it today. On the screen the Premiere was on last week.

I really enjoyed the film and thought it was really faithful to the book.

I think the addition of the riot worked well. Another addition I liked hat wasn't in the book was seeing Haymitch in one brief scene trying to get stuff for Katniss, unlike the book where you were never sure what he was doing whilst Katniss was doing other when a parachute arrived.

If I were to pick one area that I felt didn't work as well as it could be it was Rue's death. She didn't have enough screen time for the audience to connect with the character. Equally the screen time where Rue and Katniss were together wasn't significant enough to make it obvious as to why Katniss was so devastated when Rue was killed. In the book you get to know Katniss' thoughts, how she sees her like Primm. The fact she (Katniss) never sings so when she did for Rue it meant so much.

Just got back from seeing it and thought was completely fantastic and brilliant . Didn't even notice the length which heard some people complaining that it should have been shorter ... is definitely without a doubt one of my favourite films ever

One more thing , my favourite character in the books is peeta and am so ecstatic with josh hutchersons portrayal of him

Edited by Blonger

I thought it was really good. I said to my friend I felt like I'd seen it before because it was almost exactly as I pictured it in my head as I read the books - and I think that's amazing because no film adaptation has ever done that for me. I was really impressed with Jennifer Lawrence and I thought the Capitol was brilliantly done. There were elements that I will have to explain to my husband when we watch it because only people who've read the book would get them, but I have to do that with most films so it's not an issue! I jumped at the end when the dog lurched out of the woods - even though I knew it was coming. I have to say I liked how they handled the situation with Rue, it's a long and complicated storyline and I thought they handled it well. There were obviously a few people in the cinema last night who didn't know it was coming because there were a lot of horrified gasps when she died. It made me smile, it made me wince, it made me jump and it made me cry. Can't ask for more than that!

I went with a group, some who read, some who hadnt. And every single person came out amazed by the movie! Yes, they missed out a couple of scenes, but it always happens in book to movie adaptions, best movie I have seen in a long while! Totally worth having to run for the train after ;)

Btw, the 3 who hadn't read the books, are about to start :)

Also Rues death scene was perfect, the way the crowd reacted and Jennifer Lawrences portrayal was amazing (Do wish there was a bit more of Katniss/Rue relationship before hand though)

Anyway, altogether AMAZING movie! Cant wait for the next one, and hopefully for this con! :)

I got really annoyed at some young'uns behind me laughing the whole way through the cave scene I could barely hear it. Some bits like the chariot ride and Katniss' interview was a bit cheesy buuuuuuuut I loved it. I'll be seeing it again soon during the morning so all little kids can shut the hell up.

I laughed when everyone in the auditorium started cheering when Katniss and Peeta won; Stanley Tucci though was brilliant casting. I loved the teaser at the end of the film and now I can't wait to read the books..

Edited by BreakingBad123

the mockingjay brooch came from her friend and wasnt bought by her from a market it is explained in the second book where it came from and its significance, and it was worn openly not hidden, the people of the capitol all wore them unaware of the significance.

i thought the casting was good altho effie was around more in the book and haymitch sobered up by himself which didnt seem right after reading the book.

I laughed when everyone in the auditorium started cheering when Katniss and Peeta won; Stanley Tucci though was brilliant casting. I loved the teaser at the end of the film and now I can't wait to read the books..

I got to ask, teaser at the end of the film??

With President Snow...

the mockingjay brooch came from her friend and wasnt bought by her from a market it is explained in the second book where it came from and its significance, and it was worn openly not hidden, the people of the capitol all wore them unaware of the significance.

i thought the casting was good altho effie was around more in the book and haymitch sobered up by himself which didnt seem right after reading the book.

I believe they changed that because though significant to a book it's easily changed in a film where that back story isn't actually necessary.

With President Snow...

I believe they changed that because though significant to a book it's easily changed in a film where that back story isn't actually necessary.

but if you read book 2 when they return to the arena the truth behind the pin and its owner is revealed as is how haymitch not only won the games but found out about the force field and how the remaining tributes got out. i thought these were all important threads to the stories

With President Snow...

Is this before, during or after the credits??

but if you read book 2 when they return to the arena the truth behind the pin and its owner is revealed as is how haymitch not only won the games but found out about the force field and how the remaining tributes got out. i thought these were all important threads to the stories

I'm pretty sure they will cut the origin of that now because if u think about it it really isn't an essential part of the story. It's interesting but not essential

it's literally the end of the film, have u read the books? if not it basically foreshadows the mood of the next two films

I'm pretty sure they will cut the origin of that now because if u think about it it really isn't an essential part of the story. It's interesting but not essential

it's literally the end of the film, have u read the books? if not it basically foreshadows the mood of the next two films

Yeah I've read all books. Do you mean the bit where he's putting the crowns on their heads?

Yeah I've read all books. Do you mean the bit where he's putting the crowns on their heads?

No after that, it's the very last scene in the film right before the credits role. It's a 10 second shot of a very sinister looking President Snow :D