yellowmarlin

49 members have voted

1. 1. ...a quiz?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. ...a screening?

• Yes
    • No

I did enjoy the last screening we had but that was due to the fact it was a Buffy episode. So for me to watch a screening again it would obviously depend on what would be shown, if it was a episode from a show I don't like then I wouldn't go. The problem I find with a screening is that you wouldn't be able to please everyone, whether its a film or a tv show there are going to be some people that aren't interested.

I do however enjoy the quiz, I find it a great way to interact with the guest. It's not taken too seriously and creates some of the weekends funniest moments. Plus unlike a screening It can involve all the guests.

I do like the idea of having extra things to do, sometimes once you have collected all you autos and had your photos's taken you have a lot spare time and where the hotel is located there isn't much to do.

The live commentary was excellent, the only downside is I can not watch that episode without it going through my head and find myself laughing in all the wrong places. Thanks Tony and Robin......

I personally enjoy the screenings and have seen quite a few over the years.

The funniest experience i remember was watching David Boreanaz and James Marsters doing commentary for The Girl In Question and running round the stage mimicking the cast funniest i have ever seen back at their own con in 2004. Happy memories.

However i would enjoy the quiz as well if the cast knew what was going on, thought it was a little cringe worthy last year and not the guests fault it seemed they had no clue in advance what was going to happen and when they asked questions it got a bit embarrassing and didnt really work too well. either way happy with both though.

Edited by buffy2k

I'd love a screening, but I think they really only work if the actors know each other really well or are both feature heavily in the episode...so right now anyway the only screening what could possibly work would be with Nick & Kristine and perhaps the episode "Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered?" It's the only one I can really think of with a memorable scene between Xander and Joyce...anyone else have any suggestions??

If another of the main firefly cast came that would be an AWESOME screening though! I know we've had her before but Sean and Jewel would be fantastic to watch/listen too :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...