Latest Guest Announcement - SARAH DOUGLAS

Very nice lady - very jealous of Glasgow

Well come then :D

Make it worth the expense

Less than a tenner on megabus ....

Nice idea - sorry but 10 hours by coach - nightmare as I can't sleep whilst travelling

Nightmare?? It is all relative.

Last year for London FCC in July i drove down at midnight from Glasgow after having been up all day, Arrived in London at about 06.00 and parked at Earls Court. Tried to sleep in the car but like you i find these things impossible. Attended the full event that day and had a fantastic time and at the end of the day drove all the way back to Glasgow and got home at about 01.00. Never have i drunk so many Expressos but had a wonderful time and met some fantastic guests.

I really dont understand why everyone finds it so hard to get to Glasgow. Especially in the days of Ipads, Iphones, Ebooks and the like, a 10 hour bus ride is not that bad.

I know alot of Scots on this forum make the long journey to events down south on a regular basis so its really pretty easy.

Or maybe its just cause the Scots are a tougher race than the English and we can endure more :-)

I jest, i know its not the best but you can enjoy a fun visit to Glasgow which is on the whole a nice city.

I personally hope that as many of our English friends can make it up and join in the fun of Collectormania Glasgow which is a much more intimate event and allows you plenty of time to talk to your favorite guests.

So go on, give it a try Glasgow is not the end of the world!

PS Sorry to go off topic with that last post.

Glad Sarah has been announced, a fantastic guest and one that will draw fans from far and wide i am sure.

Looking forward to this event and LFCC .....keep it coming with these great announcments.

Superman 2 is a classic, lets hope we have more guests from the movies of my childhood.

Kneel before ......Showmasters!

Nightmare?? It is all relative.

I really dont understand why everyone finds it so hard to get to Glasgow

Ditto. Like you say it's all relative. I can't sleep well on Megabus/National Express either, but i've made the 10 hour trip at least a dozen times to go to events if I needed to, sometimes travelling down Friday night and back up Saturday night, meaning no sleep for a good couple of days. Not so much fun, but i'll do it if I need to, and want to meet someone.

That's why it grates on me when someone immediately sees a guest for Glasgow and says 'oh it's too difficult/impossible to get there'. Especially if they live in the UK. Events are ALWAYS difficult(relatively speaking) for me. I have to arrange flights/multiple trains/accomodation etc, but it's not THAT difficult if I make an effort

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

so excited abt Sarah coming to Glasgow, really can't wait to meet her :D

I'm the same!! :dance: So looking forward to meeting Sarah :D

It would be smashing if Margot Kidder was announced as well!! :dance:

so excited abt Sarah coming to Glasgow, really can't wait to meet her :D

I'm the same!! :dance: So looking forward to meeting Sarah :D

It would be smashing if Margot Kidder was announced as well!! :dance:

that would be AMAZING, make it happen PPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE Showmasters :dance:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I already watched the first three Superman films back to back, love them all but number two is the best in terms of story and action. I hope she does a talk, i'd love to hear her experinces working on such an iconic film.

• Like 1