Gold Ticket Priority

MickeyT_1990

At chevron 7.9 can the organizers please look at the schedules with the gold, silver and standard tickets

at the last event gold ticket holders weren't getting priority silver and standard were beating gold for pictures and autographs, we pay extra for gold for the priority to get these first so can the organizers please address this problem i was barely able to get my autographs and photos in february

and can you also stick to the autograph limits of 5 a time and the re-queue at the public time for extras becuase tht went out the window in february one bloke went up with 10 and got them done and one bloke went out the queue to re-join with 5 other items to autographed 4 times in a row

please address these problems

Sorry, but there's a misunderstanding apparently.

Gold Tickets only get priority for seating in an assigned area at the front. They do not get priority for autographs or photos.

For the autographs and photos the schedule is done that way that everyone gets stuff done on both days. (I'm sure TooTall will be on shortly, he can give you a much better explanation than me there.)

The autograph limit is the one autograph you get included with your ticket and two extras for the first time you go through. If you want more you have to wait for open queue, and then indeed you are free to queue up again without an item limit. The autograph limit of 5 is for signing events like Collectormania.

So basically, unless you queued really late and the queue was already declared "open queue" this should not have happened. The other possibly is that this was a crew member who was handling the items of other crew that couldn't leave their posts, or the person handling the pre-orders.

If you see something like this happen please point it out to crew at the event. If that person really shouldn't have been doing that something can be done on the spot then.

I have noticed that the ME schedules are put together so that where possible Gold have all of their photo shoots on the Saturday, and also the majority of Silver. It is normally Standrd that have to wait until the second day before htey have any. Unless of course the sessions move quicker than anticipated adn some Standrd get called on the Saturday.

The person who collected multiple items may have been the person (there are more than one on occasions) responsible for collecting the autographs for people who could not attend and ordered them. As far as I know that crew member does not have that limitation imposed due to the number of orders that have to be collected.

• Showmasters Admin

QS is correct, gold and silver do not get priority in the autograph or photos.

http://massiveevents.co.uk/chevron79/info.php?programmes

Silver Programme

With the silver event programme, this will include:

1 standard photo shoot with each attending guest*

1 exclusive convention photo of the guests in attendance taken at the event (to be collected on the Sunday)

PLUS everything that is included in the standard programme admission. (listed above)

*Only applies to those guests that are taking part in the professional photo sessions. A "standard" photo shoot means a photo of you with the guest and not one of the "special" photo shoots that may occur over the weekend (for example in costume and group photos are not included)

Limited in Numbers!

Gold Programme

With the gold event programme, this will include:

Exclusive drinks reception with the guests on Friday evening

Reserved priority seating for the guest talks

Exclusive convention t-shirt

Exclusive convention goodie bag

PLUS everything that is included in the standard & silver programme admissions. (listed above)

Limited to 150 Attendees!

When I do the schedule I do give priority to golds and then sivler in the photo shoots but that is not a requirement we just prefer to do it that way.

If we allow gold through the autograph queues first as well as the photo shoots, then gold would be called for everything on Saturday and the Standards would have everything on Sunday. It would means lots of clashes on the day you have everything and nothing to do on the other day. We schedule the autographs the way we do so that everyone has something on both days and hopefully don't have too many clashes.

Due to the delays with Amanda and Robin I know some people got seen on Sunday instead of Saturday. As we've not had Amanda or Robin before it was impossible for me to know exactly how fast they'd be. Unfortunatly both wanted to talk to everyone and that slowed things down. There was no way in advance of knowing this. We could allow an extra 2 hours of autographs but then that's a talk each day that doesn't happen. The maximise the number of talks I have to estimate the time needed for autographs and photoshoots, it's not an exact science, but I'm usually right and when I'm not it's only by about 10%.

As always, if anyone has a system they think will work better, please let us know.

The 1 free plus 2 extras should be enforced until the queue goes OPEN. If it wasn't I apolagise. I will confirm this rule with the crew.

I think it works fine and it is very logical to have the Golds and Silvers doing their ops on the Saturday whilst the Standards do the autos...then change over the Sunday...and yes it was not the organisation at fault at all at C7.8 it was just some very nice guests who wanted to make sure that everyone got a piece of their time which is lovely!

Oh and and I have now been to quite a few of these and it has always worked...although it does take a few times before you actually get what is going on! :) The one thing is about the timing and that you can join any queue as long as your letter has been called. That took me a while...I know I am thick!...LOL

Kriss :)

I think it works fine and it is very logical to have the Golds and Silvers doing their ops on the Saturday whilst the Standards do the autos...then change over the Sunday...and yes it was not the organisation at fault at all at C7.8 it was just some very nice guests who wanted to make sure that everyone got a piece of their time which is lovely!

Oh and and I have now been to quite a few of these and it has always worked...although it does take a few times before you actually get what is going on! :) The one thing is about the timing and that you can join any queue as long as your letter has been called. That took me a while...I know I am thick!...LOL

well I can see people's frustration .. so far I've been only gold and silver ... and I do think when you are called and you decide to do it the next day you can go first ... and not stand in the line behind the standards .. I mean gold is pretty expensive

well I can see people's frustration .. so far I've been only gold and silver ... and I do think when you are called and you decide to do it the next day you can go first ... and not stand in the line behind the standards .. I mean gold is pretty expensive
It has been a while since I left something until the next day but as far as I am aware if a persons group was called on the Saturday and they didn't go through then those people get the opportunity to queue up first when the signing hall is opened on the Sunday morning. Then the first group for the Sunday day joins the back of that queue.

If somebody who has left it until the Sunday arrives later during the Sunday morning, i.e. after the group/s for Sunday have been called, then they should be permitted to join the queue at that point (not jump to the front though).

It has been a while since I left something until the next day but as far as I am aware if a persons group was called on the Saturday and they didn't go through then those people get the opportunity to queue up first when the signing hall is opened on the Sunday morning. Then the first group for the Sunday day joins the back of that queue.

That's correct.

In Robin's case it took quite a while until a new group was called on Sunday because a lot of people who had been called Saturday but didn't go through queued up first.

I don't get people's frustration.

I had gold ticket, and I didn't have any problems on Sunday with standing in line for autos.. I did all my photo ops on Saturday just a few Amanda shoots on Sunday, after that I started collecting my autos.

I understand that gold is expensive believe me, but if the gold would be allowed to queu up before the others all the time, I don't think that would be actually fair... And then somebody might miss something, without a working system.. And it was never stated in the gold description that you can go for anything before the others except the seats of course...

Even Amanda's auto line wasn't that bad, I had to wait like 5-10 minutes after my group was called and honestly I expected more.. And for the other guests I even had to wait less..

Of course if you don't organize your ops and try to do everything in the same time you might end up running around like a headless chicken, but I don't think there is any other convention where you have to wait this little time..

I for one am happy with the group organization and I think it worked well. Fair to all attendees as it should be, not just to those who payed more. It's everybody's on decision how much do they want to pay and if it's worth it or not. I think it was worth it. :)

Edited by Sophia923

Having attended 3 of these events know, I agree that the system works really well, trying to organise a large number of people who all want to send as much time as possible with their chosen guest cannot be easy.

I had a gold ticket at 7.8, and needed to come back 4 times to get his autograph, but it was explained to me that he was spending extra time chatting with everyone, and this made perfect sense, I was told to come back after about 30 minutes, and hopefully my group would be called. This was really useful, because i was able to nab an extra photo shoot, which i would have otherwise been unable to do (although i realise this was more by luck than design).

I believe RDA was really slow at signing autographs, but everyone got there in the end, and for those people who paid for the autograph they had that extra time with him.

The only thing I noticed at 7.9 was on the Sunday all the Gold seats were full, whereas on Saturday there had been plenty of space. We had really low ticket numbers, but had to sit right at the back of the Gold seating, this was because we had left the room to do a guest encounter.

Please can we have the queueing by numbers system again to make it fair to those who got up early to be first in line to buy their tickets.

• Moderators

Plus if people are paying for gold, they know what they're getting. It's not like you've paid and then not received what you should have. It's just people wanting more than they've actually been offered in a package.

Sure, it'd be nice for you, but so would being able to go wee wee before others, and having a comfier bed etc. Everyone likes bonuses but they're not always included :P

Please can we have the queueing by numbers system again to make it fair to those who got up early to be first in line to buy their tickets.

TooTall did call in groups by by ticket numbers when the hall was loaded.

If you leave for a guest encounter leave something on your chair. As stated before the talks, the chair is yours for the day after loading the hall. If you have a guest encounter that starts around the hall loading time please go and secure your seat first.

That's both stated in the programm book, but I'll check if this can be made any more obvious.

If you leave for a guest encounter leave something on your chair. As stated before the talks, the chair is yours for the day after loading the hall. If you have a guest encounter that starts around the hall loading time please go and secure your seat first.

That's both stated in the programm book, but I'll check if this can be made any more obvious.

I think it's pretty clear. This was my first Chevron, but we could make it work fine like this.

Im not being funny or anything but when I had to que up for Amanda on Sunday I had to wait over an hour and a half before my group was called. Yes I was gold but that is besides the point. I saw someone go through the que 4 times before me holding about 5 canvas that they had brought from the dealers room. I was told that when I que up first I was only allowed to have 3 items signed and then I had to wait for the que to go public before I was allowed to get my other items signed. Now my question is why was this person allowed to go through on numerous occasion when the que was not even open to the public yet? I saw 2 or 3 ME guys talking to him as well and they did nothing but if I tried to sneak into a que early you would kick me out. Explain how this is fair.

I saw someone go through the que 4 times before me holding about 5 canvas that they had brought from the dealers room. I was told that when I que up first I was only allowed to have 3 items signed and then I had to wait for the que to go public before I was allowed to get my other items signed. Now my question is why was this person allowed to go through on numerous occasion when the que was not even open to the public yet? I saw 2 or 3 ME guys talking to him as well and they did nothing but if I tried to sneak into a que early you would kick me out. Explain how this is fair.

If you saw crew members talking to him he did have a reason and approval to be there and get in line several times. Some of these reasons have been explained above.

If you see something like this happen and are unsure why please speak to the crew members on the day. If they really overlooked something and that person was not supposed to be there they will be glad that you helped out there.

With only this little bit of information and that much after the event it's pretty much impossible to give you a more detailed reply, sorry.

Thanks for the update, I probably missed this, and thought you couldn't hold your seat if you left the room. Good information for next time.

Im not being funny or anything but when I had to que up for Amanda on Sunday I had to wait over an hour and a half before my group was called. Yes I was gold but that is besides the point. I saw someone go through the que 4 times before me holding about 5 canvas that they had brought from the dealers room. I was told that when I que up first I was only allowed to have 3 items signed and then I had to wait for the que to go public before I was allowed to get my other items signed. Now my question is why was this person allowed to go through on numerous occasion when the que was not even open to the public yet? I saw 2 or 3 ME guys talking to him as well and they did nothing but if I tried to sneak into a que early you would kick me out. Explain how this is fair.

The events are designed to run for two days and staggered so that you are kept busy. If you could see all the guests, get everything singed in one go, and not have to wait for anything you would quickly get bored waiting for the next event to happen.

As long as you were able to get everything signed eventually then it's all good.

A friend of mine was leaving the event early Sunday morning, and the crew very kindly allowed her to get her extra items signed on one go. This was a very generous concession as she had paid gold, and was going to miss out on some of the photo shoots, but if the crew hadn't been so helpful, she would have missed much more.

Having attended 3 of these events know, I agree that the system works really well, trying to organise a large number of people who all want to send as much time as possible with their chosen guest cannot be easy.

Hi, I've been to all the Chevrons as well as CM and LFCC and I have to say that the system in place is the fairest I know...

....and as Mark and Jason do stress on numerous occasions, if there is a problem or issue then please let them or any of the crew know on the day - I'm serious :D - in my experience they will move heaven and earth to make sure it is sorted and that everyone comes away happy...if they don't know until afterwards then there is nothing they can do about it.....and if you don't get any joy from the first crew-member you ask then ask another one [politely obviously...these folks are volunteers y'know :D ]

You cannie get priority as Gold all the time otherwise everythings at once and its a mad panic! I've attended some Massive events cons and its well to me anyway always clear whats going on. Chevron with RDA was good, other than RDA talking to everyone lol! but the guys did their best to make sure people knew RDa was running behind. And sure i missed the last party due to travel and RDA taking over the last talk.

Same with Showmaster events I've crewed enough to know that in what ever way they can they will let people know of delays and whatnots.

i had to wait ages on the sunday to get my autos with Amanda and Robin and i was silver 20 then i didnt realy say much more than a line of hello and somehting else to them i didnt get a chat but i got my autograph and thats what counts. as long as you get everything it shouldnt realy matter. the systems in place if your new to chveron's can be a bit confusing. make sure you read up on them. i think the systems are usuely fair. the only disapintments i had were the wait- whitch wasnt showmasters fault and the price of food/drinks but that cant be helped either. neither of these things will prevent me from comint to another chevron though.

Or if your new get chatting to people who've done these often. The last one I was at I ended up befriending 2 newbies.

I know what you mean. I think the more concernig thing for me was is that one of the 2 newbies that came up to me asked me for a photo with him before he asked my name but then again I was Eli Wallace at 7.8 who could resist lol

Or if your new get chatting to people who've done these often. The last one I was at I ended up befriending 2 newbies.

I know what you mean. I think the more concernig thing for me was is that one of the 2 newbies that came up to me asked me for a photo with him before he asked my name but then again I was Eli Wallace at 7.8 who could resist lol

Lol! I think I took the mic outta one before introducing myself, he was dressed as Doctor Who!

• 5 weeks later...

Lol! I think I took the mic outta one before introducing myself, he was dressed as Doctor Who!

Oi u better not pick on me now as I'm a chevron newbie and ME newbie