Hotel Code - Mark has posted it in post #9

darkrecall

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How much is the room? I can't find out how to input the code on the website.

You can't use these codes on the website unfortunately (at least not in the past). Have to phone up the hotel directly 0208 757 7903. I don't think the normal booking line works either.

Pity, would save a lot of hassle if you could use it to book online.

Chevron website lists the following prices:

£70 single room

£88.00 twin and double room

£126.00 triple room

Going to book myself in a couple of weeks so can't confrim if those are correct.

Edited by Rockstar6662

How much is the room? I can't find out how to input the code on the website.

You can't use these codes on the website unfortunately (at least not in the past). Have to phone up the hotel directly 0208 757 7903. I don't think the normal booking line works either.

Pity, would save a lot of hassle if you could use it to book online.

Chevron website lists the following prices:

£70 single room

£88.00 twin and double room

£126.00 triple room

Going to book myself in a couple of weeks so can't confrim if those are correct.

Ah well explains why I couldn't get it to work then!

Thanks for that

You have to use the phone number on the web site and it is for conference convetion bookings and is only open weekdays 9-5. The prices are correct from the info I got yesterday when I tried to book. :whistling::angel::help:

You have to use the phone number on the web site and it is for conference convetion bookings and is only open weekdays 9-5. The prices are correct from the info I got yesterday when I tried to book. :whistling::angel::help:

Which is a bit of a pain to be honest as I can't make personal calls at work very easily and don't get home until after 5 so being able to book online for the conventions (which you can with some other organisers) would be great.

Luckily I have a few days off coming up so if you can't phone after 5 I will hopefully be able to sort both this and HW4 out during the day then.

• Moderators

Which is a bit of a pain to be honest as I can't make personal calls at work very easily and don't get home until after 5 so being able to book online for the conventions (which you can with some other organisers) would be great.

It's the hotels not the organisers that define whether you can book online or not, as far as I can tell - I've been to a con at this hotel with another organiser in the past and you had to phone for them too. Whereas the Birmingham Hilton every organiser you can always do it online.

You have to use the phone number on the web site and it is for conference convetion bookings and is only open weekdays 9-5. The prices are correct from the info I got yesterday when I tried to book. :thumbup::D:thumbup:

Thanks for this, I was looking for opening times!

Going to be difficult to fit in a call before 5, but will have to find a way!

It's the hotels not the organisers that define whether you can book online or not, as far as I can tell - I've been to a con at this hotel with another organiser in the past and you had to phone for them too. Whereas the Birmingham Hilton every organiser you can always do it online.

That's fair enough although there's space on the booking page for corporate and promotional codes so not sure why these ones can't be accepted that way.

I don't mind phoning per se, as I have done for previous ME events, it's just rather inconvenient for me because of the hours I work and the restrictions I have on making calls at work. I'll get it sorted but it would be nice to be able to just put the code in online and job done.

I have phoned to book using codes in the past, but that was cos I wanted to make sure it was all sorted

Strangely I have more faith in the online booking systems than people sometimes, not that I've ever had a problem at this hotel. They always been very good, just like to see it all in black & white and know I've entered all the details properly.

rockstar6662 could you not book in your lunchbreak? work surely cant stop you making personaly calls when you are on a beak.

Yeah but there's some areas where mobiles aren't allowed and it's a hassle getting it back for just a lunch break. Don't go to those too often and most of the time it's fine at lunch but I only have 30mins and just find it a lot easier to do stuff at home when I don't feel so pressed for time. It's just me being a bit weird.

It's not a big issue, didn't meant to cause so much dicussion :) I'll get it sorted, always have, just commenting that it'd be nice to be able to do it online at any time.

Edited by Rockstar6662

It is a pain.

I am working nights on a boat that has limited periods of phone reception and the Satellite phone has such a time delay people get confused as they dont give time for the reply...

Will just have to get up early and wait for the signal :YAHOO: