Should we call Autographica 'Bondgraphica'?

denis007

Autographica brings a lot of incredible guests but would it be possible to limit the number of Bond guests and bring more guests from other movies and be a bit more balanced in the choice of guests. i think of great movies like Terminator, Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, the Avengers, etc...

I do know that there are other shows bringing us these wonderful actors but I also think that Bond guests should not take over the list of guests at Autographica. In my opinion, it would limit too much the type of visitors attending Autographica. Has Autographica become 'Bondgraphica'?

Please bring other actors that did not perform in Bond besides the usual war people and other astronauts. That I think would be an extra asset for everyone.

I look forward non Bond guests in the near future!

thanks for reading and understanding my point of view. I do know you guys are doing the best and it shows extremely well in the past Autographica.

To my next Autographica 2012, the best ever!

• Moderators

Hasn't Autographica always been aimed towards more classic movies etc?

Not sure Terminator, Harry Potter or Lord Of The Rings really fit into the kinds of movies that the organisers would be aiming to cover with this event.

I do see your point but Bond has always been popular with Autographica fans, and this event is certainly the best fit for the types of Bond guest that we get. I don't think they would be nearly as successful at LFCC or Collectormania etc, just like HP/LOTR etc wouldn't be here.

I have no doubt they plan on variety anyway, but something a little different from what you've suggested I would imagine.

• Showmasters Admin

The show is 6 months away, let's give them a chance. It may seem Bond heavy now, but it's very early days.

I understand you want variety and that's cool I'm sure there will be, but as DB said this show is not aimed at films like Terminator or Harry Potter, that's what CM:MK, LFCC and EMS are for.

Given that James Bond is celebrating 50 years of cinema this year I think it would be ludicrous for Bond not to have a big presence at Autographica or indeed at any other film convention this year. I very much hope that Autographica will get even more Bond guests, particularly from the early films i.e. Ursula Andress. This is not necessarily a bad thing for non-Bond fans as many Bond actors have also appeared in other films and TV that would be of interest to the more general film fan, for example Bond guests already announced have also appeared in Superman III, Indiana Jones, The Persuaders, Lethal Weapon, Die Hard and Alien. So even if Autographica ONLY had Bond guests then there would still be lots for non-Bond fans to enjoy because of the varied and long careers that these guests have had.

I think Autographica works just fine as it is, there are plenty of other UK events that have guests from some of the franchises you have mentioned. Autographica has always tended to be aimed at a much different audience, and I for one would prefer to keep it that way!

God, why is there always a topic for every event, bemoaning over-representation of a franchise ? Agreeing with the other responses, Autographica has always been for (amongst other things) classic film, and Bond is the biggest classic franchise there is. And it just so happens that there is an agency representing many of the stars of the films, so they are readily obtainable, and go down well with attendees.

If anything, I would like to see "meatier" Bond guests (more promenant ones) but I have no problem with the quantity.

I personally would also like to see some more ‘meatier’ guests announced i.e. like George Lazenby, Christopher Lee, Maud Adams, Richard Kiel, Louis Jourdan, Steven Berkoff, Michael Lonsdale and David Hedison. Timothy Dalton would not do a convention appearance as he refuses to sign James Bond items and generally doesn’t like signing anything. Although the same was also true of Diana Rigg and she did a convention last year, so if the money is right then who knows!

Yes I did; I look forward to seing elsewhere postings from PeterSkywalker bemoaning the surfeit of Star Wars actors at another event, Kirk Chekov complaining how a forthcoming signing weekend is excessively Trektastic, and Tony's Tardis having a damn good whinge about how you just can't move at events for all these blessed Dr Who guests...

It is not because I have a 007 that everything has to be related to 007. I enjoyed meeting Ernest Borgnine, George Kennedy, actors from Willy Wonka and Edward Fox (had a small role in 007 but his role in The Day of the Jackal was superb), Tony Curtis, Susannah York and Linda Gray were among the very fine guests at Autographica. And this is just to name a few. if you go back to the last 4 years, you will see there are many more wonderful actors that are NOT 007. A balance, in my opinion, is necessary to draw some interests from the public. Speaking of 007, yes I will go to Beaulieu to see the exhibition on Bond cars and I won't miss it for the world. But being a fan does not mean to be obsessed by it. It does not need to be overwhelming for all the other guests also. I, personally, like variety in everything. Too much of a good thing does not attract me too much after a while. It gets a bit boring don't you agree? Movies are not exclusively 007. There are millions of excellent movies and actors alike. Let's invite them to Autographica! Those named above are superb examples of what autographica is capable of. Go dig deeper and harder for us Autographica. Show us what you are capable of. Buzz Aldrin is a great example of what you can achieve. To find those excellent guests, look at the guest list proposed by Autographica base fan on this website. Trying does mean Autographica can succeed but it does not cost anything to try and try again and harder. VARIETY is the key word!

I don't think you should be under any doubts about the hard work that the organisers already undertake to run this event.

If your concern is that the final guest list will be comprised of 80-90% Bond guests then I think you are worrying unnecessarily. It hasn't been uncommon in the past for certain types of guests to be announced in blocks but the final list usually has a pretty rounded feel to it. Don't forget this event is many months away so there is still plenty of time for more names from different areas to be announced.

Admittedly the final list may not include certain types of guests from more recent franchises such as Potter, Lord of the Rings etc but then Autographica has never really been about those sorts of guests.

I actually think that this is the strongest, most diverse list of attendees that Autographica has ever had and has definitely made it a must attend event for me this year (Alien guest, Bond guest and a living legend astronaut!!!).

It perhaps needs a golden oldie, black & white era movie guest to attend and I think every demographic will be catered for!