Do you want an advertising competition?

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

As you know we run the "Advertise & Win a Prize" competition for some of the ME conventions. The idea is to get the word out about the event to as many fellow fans as possible, the more tickets we sell the bigger budget there is for guests, party themes and little extras for the attendees. Also the more people who come along to the events and show support the longer ME will keep running the cons. So, it's a big plus to get some advertising out there. You can see details of the competitions currently running under the forums for Bitten 3, ET8 and HW4.

The winner has got various prizes such as meal with the guests, a dance with a guest of their choice, free group photo, entry to gold pass drinks reception (if standard/silver) and there have been other prizes.

I am using the thread to try and guage the interest for a competition to be run for C7.9. I tried to run the competition in the past and there was little to no interest and it had to be abandonned.

I'm unsure if the reason that people didn't participate is because of the lack of continuing Stargate websites out there. However, you can advertise on sites for other, similar series (other sci-fi shows), or series with actors/actresses from Stargate (since we have Shanks then Smallville? Or for Patrick, The Killing), there are also actor/actress fansites, and plenty of livejournal (or similar) communities that can be used. This is just some ideas. I haven't really looked into this in much detail.

It takes time to make up several buttons/banners/side bar ads for these competitions, so I'm hesitant to do it without first finding out if people would be interested in participating.

So, please feel free to post your thoughts here and if you would be interested in participating then just say so and we can set the competition up!

SJ

xox

PS any questions feel free to ask!

• Showmasters Admin

For anyone else considering this, Facebook doesn't count (not really, you get a few points for sharing the link but that's it). The idea is to get the word out to people with similar interests who may not otherwise hear about the conventions. That's why it's really looking at getting ads up on websites and information onto blogs/livejournals, so that *hopefully* new folk read about us and check out what we do, :)

I think that's a really good idea. I mean, we all want the Chevron events to go on for as long as possible, let's get the word out there.

I did a one page review for Chevron 7.7 in the January edition of SciFi Now magazine, does that count ? lol

• Showmasters Admin

Wow, that's great! Something like that would count for the competition, but there really needs to be mention of Chevron 7.9 and how to find us! If you're doing a 7.8 review and you can squeeze info in there that there's going to be a 7.9 then that would 100% count!!!