Chevron 7.9

showmasters

I've been a huge fan since the film too but this will be my fisrt convention because I'm not so great at leaving the house. I figure if anything will get me out of the house properly it will be this. I'm guaranteed to have something in common with anyone I meet. How scary can that be? :smile:

• 1 month later...

Iv been to conventions before but never a stargate one! didnt know they existed over here :( Im thinking of going to this given that i can get time off work ofcourse but think i will wait for some more guests to be announced :D :D

Is this con just for stargate sg-1 or for all the stargates? as i love sg-1 and atlantis

All the Stargate shows. The focus is a little less on Universe though usually.

Out of curiosity, why is that?

universe was great but alot of chevron attendees on here have voiced very critical responses to SGU guests in various places on the forum in the past, crazy

another reason SGU is less promenant is it is in a way a slightly different concept to the origional shows being that it is set in space and the gate plays a less promeneant role in the story. Also there were far fgewer seasons of SGU. but we do get the odd SGU guest coming. Peter kelamis was at 7.8 in Feb.

Iv been to conventions before but never a stargate one! didnt know they existed over here :( Im thinking of going to this given that i can get time off work ofcourse but think i will wait for some more guests to be announced :D :D

Is this con just for stargate sg-1 or for all the stargates? as i love sg-1 and atlantis

Like you I love Sg-1 and Atlantis. I've only been to the last two Chevrons but they do seem to be more heavily guested towards SG-1. i'm hoping and praying for more SGA guests this time round :-)

I have seen more of SGU than I have of Atlantis, tbh!

I love Stargate, and I wouldn't mind which series the guests were from.

But seriously, who could say no to Robert Carlyle?! I'd love it if he was announced!!

Id love to meet Robert Carlyle too. He was great as Rush in SGU and also as Durza in Eragon

yay! my first Chevron! Claire got us Gold Tix already :) such a long wait!!!! thankfully I have couple of cons in between so hopefully the time will go fast :D

never been to SG con before! Collectormanias and gen sci-fi cons yes, but never SG con! Hopefully I'll meet many ppl who are as crazy about SG as me :)

When will the other two guests be announced...I hope its richard dean anderson or amanda tapping... but I doubt it.

I was hoping once LFCC was over they would have an announcement... but nothing yet.

As there wasn't anyone new in the ad in the LFCC program, they mustn't have anyone else yet, which is a shame considering all the Stargate people that were there!

When will the other two guests be announced...I hope its richard dean anderson or amanda tapping... but I doubt it.

ammanda was at chevron in feb so she wont be tere afain in feb and RDA was there in May last year so its unlikely he will be there again so soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, any updates on this? I would be interested. This would be my 2nd event if I go, the first one being DSTL :-)

Guests will be announced when a contract is signed. An update will be posted then. For Chevron it's often 4 to 6 weeks before the event that more guests are announced. So we are getting there. ;)

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but none of my friends are keen to go to chevron... I am interested and would like to meet like-minded people prior to going, as it will make it that much more fun having someone to talk to and share ideas and thoughts with and most importantly to party with!!!!

Anyone else going alone is welcome to send me a message from my profile. Maybe we can get a few people together and make it a 'group' event ;-)

Hi, any updates on this? I would be interested. This would be my 2nd event if I go, the first one being DSTL :-)

Guests will be announced when a contract is signed. An update will be posted then. For Chevron it's often 4 to 6 weeks before the event that more guests are announced. So we are getting there. ;)

Thanks. Can't wait!

kshah non of my friends are stargate fans. doesnt stop me coming. i have made pleanty of friends at the conventions. people are always willing to make new friends. so come along and you'll see how friendly everyone is.

Cheers! I will try and save up for this. Honestly it depends on how much I end up spending at DSTL, but I also don't want to miss this chance to see/meet my favourite Stargate actors!!!