Who's going to the hunger games premiere

naurarwen_fangorn

Anyone know when all the barriers and things tend to go up? I've just got this vision of me and my friend standing around not having a clue where to go :WINCE: Do we stay outside? Go inside? Tag along/stalk other people who look like they may be HG fans? :blink::lol:

Depending on the set up and which entrance they are using and of course how elaborate the set up is I would say the day before. When they had The Brits last week or the week before they were putting up the barriers, wind/rain breakers and the red carpet the day before.

What date is the premiere? I'll take a wander down there the day before and see if anything is being set up, maybe take a few pictures if it's worth taking any.

The premieres on the 14th. We are tubing to North Greenwich so should be okay. I think we're gonna grab some food after but the likelihood is we will grab it from closer to Euston as thats where we're all getting trains from. Eh a few names for places for lunch might be good though as not sure when we will be eating and I'll be wanting food and most likely insulin at some point during the day. Thanks for all the info though hun your an absolute star

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming by the O2 you are talking about the O2 in Greenwich. If you are they will likely only ask you to go through metal detectors if you look suspicious or possibly middle easten.

I've been to the O" both to the arena, the O2indigo and the cinema, which is one of my local ones and have never ever been stopped let alone asked to go through their two metal detectors despite the fact I'm carrying a bag. Usually they just don't bother using the metal detectors. Strangely the very few people I have seen getting stpped and asked to go through it look like they are for the want of a better term "foreigners" all though they could of course have been born in the UK.

I lived in greenwich all last year and went in and out the o2 about 100 times and NEVER saw any weird correlation like that infact ive only legit seen randomers. ive been pulled a few times

Depending on the set up and which entrance they are using and of course how elaborate the set up is I would say the day before. When they had The Brits last week or the week before they were putting up the barriers, wind/rain breakers and the red carpet the day before.

What date is the premiere? I'll take a wander down there the day before and see if anything is being set up, maybe take a few pictures if it's worth taking any.

Aw thank you, that's really sweet of you :)

I'm assuming by the O2 you are talking about the O2 in Greenwich. If you are they will likely only ask you to go through metal detectors if you look suspicious or possibly middle easten.

I've been to the O2 both to the arena, the O2indigo and the cinema, which is one of my local ones and have never ever been stopped let alone asked to go through their two metal detectors despite the fact I'm carrying a bag. Usually they just don't bother using the metal detectors. Strangely the very few people I have seen getting stpped and asked to go through it look like they are for the want of a better term "foreigners" all though they could of course have been born in the UK.

I lived in greenwich all last year and went in and out the o2 about 100 times and NEVER saw any weird correlation like that infact ive only legit seen randomers. ive been pulled a few times

That's great you've seen that. The reason what I stoof out before to me was because as you know people are walking in and out of the O2 a lot with bags and they aren't looked at twice, yet for some reason others would get pulled to be checked for no reason. Maybe it's because I usually go there during the day to the cinema and the O2 is so quiet they are bored so stop some people.

The main thing is people don't worry about security and metal detectors as the odds are in their favour they won't be stopped and their bags searched.

I had to laugh (sorry) that you've been pulled a few times. I go into the O2 almost weekly, sometimes 2-3 times a week depending on what films are out as well as meeting people for a lunch or drink and have been for about 5 years and have never been stopped once. The first few times I even said to the security as I walked in do you need to check my bags and the said no so I just carried on to the cinema.

I've never realised that I look so angelic and trustworthy. ;)

Anyone know when all the barriers and things tend to go up? I've just got this vision of me and my friend standing around not having a clue where to go ;) Do we stay outside? Go inside? Tag along/stalk other people who look like they may be HG fans? ;):lol:

The last prem i did there we all lined up until the o2 opened, then we were taken in in small groups (via the security) then led down to the barriers.

Just read this on the FB group:

With one week to go before Director Gary Ross unveils his stellar cast at the European premiere of THE HUNGER GAMES Lionsgate UK is pleased to announce that 200 lucky fans will be given the chance to see the film with the stars at the Cineworld at The O2.

Wristbands will be distributed on the day at The O2, Greenwich to the first 200 fans who present their copy of Wednesday’s London Metro Newspaper opened at the page with the Premiere Advert printed from 2pm. Wristbands will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis from 3pm, and you must be present to receive your individual wrist band. Winners will then be positioned in VIP viewing area to watch the stars walk the red carpet and also given a ticket to watch the film at the European Premiere at the Cineworld at The O2, Greenwich. The wristbands must be worn by all fans until the premiere is over, and any wristband that has been tampered with or removed will be invalidated. Please refer to the rules and regulations on the Metro London advert when printed on Wednesday 14th March for more details.

Where the hell do I get a Metro Newspaper :lol::P and does that mean they will be letting only 200 people in? or just that these 200 people will get the good spot? or maybe all the good spots? :lol: and the fact the paper with the ad in doesn't get printed till 2pm?! How does that work? We'd end up losing our places on the off chance we may be one of the 200 :D oooo decisions.

I think there will be a seperate pen for the winners of this. It is a bit of a pain that they don't sell it till 2pm as my friend reckons they will close the pens at 4pm so you will be rushing round to find it. Maybe there is a shop close by that will be selling it. Would love to win it but a bit worried that they will but the pen out of the way and therefore may miss out on pics/autos from some of the stars. Would have loved to have seen the movie early but also worried about missing my train home as well

Hmm yeah I think I'll be giving that a miss then, would have been nice to go VIP but is it really worth the risk? 2pm, honestly what a stupid time. Don't fancy like getting majorly stressed out thank you very much :P

Where the hell do I get a Metro Newspaper :wub::D and does that mean they will be letting only 200 people in? or just that these 200 people will get the good spot? or maybe all the good spots? :P and the fact the paper with the ad in doesn't get printed till 2pm?! How does that work? We'd end up losing our places on the off chance we may be one of the 200 :D oooo decisions.

The metro is a free newspaper distributed at all train and underground stations in London. As they are free they get snapped up quickly by commuters. There will be about 200 copies at the station by the O2, unfortunately that staion is used by about 10,000 people at leasy and they are hust going to work and not tourists or going to he O2.

I'm not sure if the metro is printed once or twice a day. I think it's just once, but I could be wrong.

What time will you be leaving for London on Wednesday?

I think there will be a seperate pen for the winners of this. It is a bit of a pain that they don't sell it till 2pm as my friend reckons they will close the pens at 4pm so you will be rushing round to find it. Maybe there is a shop close by that will be selling it. Would love to win it but a bit worried that they will but the pen out of the way and therefore may miss out on pics/autos from some of the stars. Would have loved to have seen the movie early but also worried about missing my train home as well

Where do you have to get home too? The O2 is next to the underground station so you will be in Central London within 10-15 minutes once you leave the station and the trains run every few minutes.

A few years ago I got from Woolwich in SE London to Hammersmith Odeon in West London in under an hour, in rush hour using a bus and 2 tubes. The whole thing including the film will likely be finished by about 10pm I would guess.

Edited by cunningham1471

Where the hell do I get a Metro Newspaper :WINCE::P and does that mean they will be letting only 200 people in? or just that these 200 people will get the good spot? or maybe all the good spots? :lol: and the fact the paper with the ad in doesn't get printed till 2pm?! How does that work? We'd end up losing our places on the off chance we may be one of the 200 :blink: oooo decisions.

The metro is a free newspaper distributed at all train and underground stations in London. As they are free they get snapped up quickly by commuters. There will be about 200 copies at the station by the O2, unfortunately that staion is used by about 10,000 people at leasy and they are hust going to work and not tourists or going to he O2.

I'm not sure if the metro is printed once or twice a day. I think it's just once, but I could be wrong.

What time will you be leaving for London on Wednesday?

Where do you have to get home too? The O2 is next to the underground station so you will be in Central London within 10-15 minutes once you leave the station and the trains run every few minutes.

A few years ago I got from Woolwich in SE London to Hammersmith Odeon in West London in under an hour, in rush hour using a bus and 2 tubes. The whole thing including the film will likely be finished by about 10pm I would guess.

I live in Blackpool. But Jemma and I are heading back to hears as the 10pm train means I miss the last connection from Manchester to Blackpool. We gotta be at Euston for about 9:45pm as the train is at 10pm. I'm really paranoid about missing the train as its an advanced ticket so we can't just get the next one.

I live in Blackpool. But Jemma and I are heading back to hears as the 10pm train means I miss the last connection from Manchester to Blackpool. We gotta be at Euston for about 9:45pm as the train is at 10pm. I'm really paranoid about missing the train as its an advanced ticket so we can't just get the next one.

The 10pm was a guess. Without knowing the start time of the actual screening it's hard to work out when it will end and what time train out of North Greenwich you are likely to be on. To be honest I think you would really be cutting it fine. I doubt the film will begin before 7pm finishing after 9pm.

If it would help I can try and find out from the Cineworld staff what tome the film screening is due to take place after the red carpet stuff so you know for sure?

The reason I asked what time you and also Holly were planning on getting to the O2 was because I live around the corner from a train station that has copies of the Metro for commuters to read on the way to work in the morning. On the Wednesday I could shoot down the to the station grab a few copies in the morning if I can so you , Jemma, Holly and her friend if she's bringing one would at least have a chance of getting hold of a Metro if it the voucher was posted in the morning edition.

I could then post on here before 9am if I got them and if the voucher is inside. We would just need to work out logistics of which of the eateries in the O2 you can collect the papers and vouchers from me. From then on it would be pot luck with the first come first served part.

Oh well never mind, just a thought! :)

I'd have to talk to my group as sadly there are 7 of us. Will speak to them on facebook and see what they say. Thanks for all the help hun its most appriciated

No worries. 7 is a lot but I should be able to get that many.

Edited by cunningham1471

I'd have to talk to my group as sadly there are 7 of us. Will speak to them on facebook and see what they say. Thanks for all the help hun its most appriciated

Yeah don't wanna cause you any unwanted hassle. Are you coming to the premiere as well hun?

Yeah don't wanna cause you any unwanted hassle. Are you coming to the premiere as well hun?

Until a few days ago I didn't even know it was being held at the O2. I'm not doing the red carpet to see, I may do the film if I get a voucher and a lucky dip. I'm not sure, probably not as I still haven't finished reading the book so need to do that before I see the film. If I manage it then I'll try for a ticket, but don't mind if I have to wait a few more days.

I just saw that you as well as Holly were coming to London but may miss out on the chance of getting a voucher in the Metro if it's published in the early morning edition and a shot at getting the film so thought that's a shame, I can't guarantee anyone sees the film, even with the voucher, but I can at least help you all to be in with a shot at it.

The same with tracking down who did the costumes so Gemma may track down the material. I was doing nothing so thought it would give me something.

If I can be of help and am doing nothing other than sat on my bum watching daytime TV I'll help if I can. In this case it also gives me an excuse to go out and have a cuppa or a pint. :)

I also have to complete the trilogy before the Con. So I'll have to get reading a bit more in over the next few weeks I think.

Aw cunningham, thank you so much, really lovely of you to offer, you've been such a huge help :) The ad does say that the vouchers will be printed in the 2pm copy, if it is in the earlier one I'm sure me and my friend could find a couple of copies. If not it's not a problem, I'm not overly fussed about seeing the film early, it's all about the autographs :D well I'm hoping I'll get at least one anyway lol :D

Hm okay just reading on FB and some people seem pretty certain that they only print one copy a day...

Aw cunningham, thank you so much, really lovely of you to offer, you've been such a huge help :) The ad does say that the vouchers will be printed in the 2pm copy, if it is in the earlier one I'm sure me and my friend could find a couple of copies. If not it's not a problem, I'm not overly fussed about seeing the film early, it's all about the autographs :D well I'm hoping I'll get at least one anyway lol :lol:

Hm okay just reading on FB and some people seem pretty certain that they only print one copy a day...

No problem.

I'll still go and grab a handful of the early morning edition on Wednesday and then post on here one way or the other if the voucher is in it. If not I may be able to get the 2pm one as well (depending on what time they and if they get delivered to my local station. It's whether or not we can sort out how to link up to get people the vouchers. You would all have left by then so arranging where and when to meet is more tricky.

Edited by cunningham1471

So they do two different editions of the paper?

Jemma, not that I'm aware of. I rarely use the trains so don't read the paper. As I said I can grab copies of the early morning copies and see if the voucher is in there. If it isn't then I guess that there is a second later edition.

I can't understand why they would do an 2pm edition. To get it to the printers and distributed for 2pm it would need to be at the printers at about 10am. How much news can there be between daybreak and 10am?

There may be a second paper for the evening rush hour, but i would imagine it wouldn't hit the stations until about 4pm not as early as 2pm.

What some people might be doing is assuming because it says about the tickets from 2pm with the voucher so are just assuming the voucher is in the second edition when it isn't.

Either way we'll find out on Wednesday won't we.

Edited by cunningham1471

• Showmasters Admin

Hello! Its seems there are a few of you that will be heading down to the Hunger Games premiere on Wednesday. We here at Massive Events could use your help!

We are looking for some volunteers to hand out some fliers for our Hunger Games convention 'The Games' As you all know its word of mouth that builds excitment and what better place to discuss The Hunger Games than at the Premiere!

If you think you can help us spread the word please drop us an email at info@showmastersonline.com with your address and telephone number. Its going to be tight, but we intend to get fliers out by special delivery by the end of the day. They should arrive with you tomorrow.

Thanks.

:D:(

I only saw the request for help this morning so it's probably too late, but have volunteered my services if they can get the flyers to me. :)

I've also just posted on the IMDB forums for the film about The Games so hopefully that will get some interest too.

Edit.

Slow reaction so far on the IMDB forum. One was interested but is in the states so is doubtful. The latest one was "OMG where is it gonna be? I'll definitely be there." Hopefully he/she will keep to that and we have at least one more ticket sold.

Edited by cunningham1471