Who's going to the hunger games premiere

naurarwen_fangorn

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joy bag searches as mine with have all my diabetic stuff in it as well as some food and drink to make sure i don't have any hypos and shizzle so hopefully they wont try and take any of it off me.

its the metal detector thingys just tell them before you walk through may speed things up.

Joy bag searches as mine with have all my diabetic stuff in it as well as some food and drink to make sure i don't have any hypos and shizzle so hopefully they wont try and take any of it off me.

its the metal detector thingys just tell them before you walk through may speed things up.

Ah right fiar enough. I had an issue at Manchester for the 100 monkeys gig cause they a) didn't like I was taking my own drink in (which was lucozade incase of a hypo) and weren't too keen that my insulin bottles were made of glass. But hey what can you do.

Think we're hoping to get there for about 9-10am Holly

Ah right fiar enough. I had an issue at Manchester for the 100 monkeys gig cause they a) didn't like I was taking my own drink in (which was lucozade incase of a hypo) and weren't too keen that my insulin bottles were made of glass. But hey what can you do.

They wont have any issues with food and drink etc... but they may with the glass so bring it to their attention...they tell you to put phones cameras and mp3 players in your bag and then they x ray it.

for those doing the prem..fancy going for food afterwards..there is a harvester in the o2

They wont have any issues with food and drink etc... but they may with the glass so bring it to their attention...they tell you to put phones cameras and mp3 players in your bag and then they x ray it.

for those doing the prem..fancy going for food afterwards..there is a harvester in the o2

Fair enough hun I'll let them know before I got through. Thanks for the info though very useful.

Any idea what time it finishes?

Fair enough hun I'll let them know before I got through. Thanks for the info though very useful.

Any idea what time it finishes?

Guessing 7...prems normally start 5.30 6.00 6.30 normaly max of 1hour (can go on longer) im guessing they are gonna want to sign and do alot of press

I'm assuming by the O2 you are talking about the O2 in Greenwich. If you are they will likely only ask you to go through metal detectors if you look suspicious or possibly middle easten.

I've been to the O" both to the arena, the O2indigo and the cinema, which is one of my local ones and have never ever been stopped let alone asked to go through their two metal detectors despite the fact I'm carrying a bag. Usually they just don't bother using the metal detectors. Strangely the very few people I have seen getting stpped and asked to go through it look like they are for the want of a better term "foreigners" all though they could of course have been born in the UK.

These people aren't acting strangely or doing anything that would make you look at them twice, they just seem to randonly get picked out of everyone carrying a bag to go through the scanner.

As you aren't going into the arean taking drink and food shouldn't be a problem. The O2 security don't care what you take in to the O2 if you aren't going into the arena. There are numerous eateries (inc Nandos, Silk Garden, pizza something or other, many bars that over charge [the slug and lettuce is the cheapest place to eat]) in there so people carring bags around in the O2 is expected

As far as the cinema it'self. It's one of the Cineworld chain. Cineworld do have a policy of no taking your own food and drink into the cinemas and are supposed to check bags. I've only had it done once to me and that was at another branch. The staff in the O2 really don't care, even the jobsworths. When I go to see a film there I usually take in at least one, sometimes 2 small bottles of coke in a bag. I buy one small coke and then just do top ups from the bottle. Perhaps it's because I bought a drink they don't think about searching my bag, but I doubt it. At that branch I have never seen anyone have their bags searched.

Three things it is worth noting about that Cineworld

1) The corridors sometimes smell of pee. I have no idea why it is, but they always seem to have problems with their drains and you have a waft of stale urine coming from out the gents.

Around about Sept/Oct the whole O2 got shut down causing Lee Evans to cancel his gig so they could sort the drains out. Since then the pee wafting has improved significantly, but every so often a mild waft returns.

You likely have your tickets for the film in advance (I wouldn't know I've not been to a premiere) so these may not be relevant. If you dont or in the future you want to return to this branch just as a regular customer.

2) If you are just buyng tickets and don't want popcorn go to the ice cream counter as it's quicker. They can only sell tickets, fizzy drinks and ice cream, not popcorn, nachos etc. that are on the main counter. This means you get served quicker. Rather stupidly this branch doesn't have a seperate box office manned by a person. It's done at the food counters. The box office are machines (only take crads) downstairs in the public concourse.

3) Lately they have been getting silly with Unlimited card holders. The policy is you are supposed to show the ticket checker your card when you give him/her your ticket. Usually they don't bother but lately they have been. Whether its ecause it's new staff so they are doing what they are trained and later will lose interest and not bother I don't know. So if you have a unlimited card dont put it back in your purse or wallet as you will have to take it out again whilst also holding a cup and food.

These bottom two probably wont apply to you for this, but it may be useful for some people.

Edited by cunningham1471

Thanks for the info hun. Very useful. Shoul dbe fun I'm really looking forwards to it.

You're welcome. Depending on how you are getting to the O2 I can suggest places to eat within walking distance (30 minutes) that are cheaper than the O2 and less crowded.

Also for anyone driving to the O2 be warned you may (defintely will if there ia a show within the arena itself) get absolutely slaughtered for car parking there. You're looking in the region of £25-£30 a time.

If you or anyone are driving to the O2 let me know and I'll see if I can help with possible alternatives if you want them.

Anyone know when all the barriers and things tend to go up? I've just got this vision of me and my friend standing around not having a clue where to go :D Do we stay outside? Go inside? Tag along/stalk other people who look like they may be HG fans? :D:D

Anyone know when all the barriers and things tend to go up? I've just got this vision of me and my friend standing around not having a clue where to go :D Do we stay outside? Go inside? Tag along/stalk other people who look like they may be HG fans? :D:D

Depending on the set up and which entrance they are using and of course how elaborate the set up is I would say the day before. When they had The Brits last week or the week before they were putting up the barriers, wind/rain breakers and the red carpet the day before.

What date is the premiere? I'll take a wander down there the day before and see if anything is being set up, maybe take a few pictures if it's worth taking any.