Cosplay

naurarwen_fangorn

I have decided i am going to cosplay as Effie for at least 1 of the parties

121911-hunger-games-nail-polish-623.jpg

Ive found the eyelashes above already ...i want pretty much every pair on the website lol but these are a must for my effie costume

http://www.zuneta.com/shop-by-brand/papers...-eylashes.html/

This is the costume im gonna attempt to recreate...though im having trouble finding a lilac brocade fabric at the moment. I use to see a lot of lilac brocade about but as soon as i want a certain fabric to make an outfit they never seem as easy to find :borg:

Tumblr_lya8ytbnGS1r8c567o1_r1_1280.jpg

I have decided i am going to cosplay as Effie for at least 1 of the parties

121911-hunger-games-nail-polish-623.jpg

Ive found the eyelashes above already ...i want pretty much every pair on the website lol but these are a must for my effie costume

http://www.zuneta.com/shop-by-brand/papers...-eylashes.html/

This is the costume im gonna attempt to recreate...though im having trouble finding a lilac brocade fabric at the moment. I use to see a lot of lilac brocade about but as soon as i want a certain fabric to make an outfit they never seem as easy to find :D

Tumblr_lya8ytbnGS1r8c567o1_r1_1280.jpg

okay im having a problem finding a similar fabric to the effie costume above so far ive found these :uhoh:

http://www.goodorient.com/Lilac_Butterfly_...e_Fabric_P24506

http://www.goodorient.com/Pink_Peony_Fabric_P17731

http://www.goodorient.com/Peony_Fabric_in_Aster_P30339

im gonna spend ages looking for a similar fabric :D why must i pick costumes with fabric that is always a pain to find lol

And the hunt continues for Effie fabric lol

http://www.thunderlily.com/fabrics/fashion...lk-brocade.html

http://www.thunderlily.com/fabrics/fashion...lk-brocade.html

let me know what you think of these ones ...still not perfect but im slowly going through loads of pages

I like the second of these two, looks really good :)

Taking into acount the cost, are you prepared to have the material from the US if you need too? If so there is an outside chance I may be able to help you.

Yeah i dont mind it coming from the US if the material is what im looking for

Taking into acount the cost, are you prepared to have the material from the US if you need too? If so there is an outside chance I may be able to help you.

Ok Jemma,

Let's see if this is of any use to you. Probably not! :thumbup:

This afternoon I tried thinking out of the box a bit as to how to find the material. So I looked on the IMDB site for who did the costumes. The costume fabricator on the film is a lady called Sabrina Siebert. A bit of looking around online and I found she was on facebook so I went to the page for her (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sabrina-Siebert/153068451466625?sk=friendactivity#!/pages/Sabrina-Siebert/153068451466625?sk=wall) which I clicked the "like" for. This opened up her info details that included an email address.

If you feel bold enough to do it, you could use that to email her and ask her if she is able to help you with either where they got the material from or if it was an especially commisioned print. She may even have ideas of somewhere you could get a very similar material and design.

I'm not sure if you fancy giving this a go, Jemma. Good luck with the search either way. :)

If anyone from Showmasters is reading this perhaps you could use this route to make an intial contact to get her as a guest?

Bagsy doing Jemma';s make up!!! always wanted to make her look like a clown!!! :D:thumbup:

Ok Jemma,

Let's see if this is of any use to you. Probably not! :thumbup:

This afternoon I tried thinking out of the box a bit as to how to find the material. So I looked on the IMDB site for who did the costumes. The costume fabricator on the film is a lady called Sabrina Siebert. A bit of looking around online and I found she was on facebook so I went to the page for her (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sabrina-Siebert/153068451466625?sk=friendactivity#!/pages/Sabrina-Siebert/153068451466625?sk=wall) which I clicked the "like" for. This opened up her info details that included an email address.

If you feel bold enough to do it, you could use that to email her and ask her if she is able to help you with either where they got the material from or if it was an especially commisioned print. She may even have ideas of somewhere you could get a very similar material and design.

I'm not sure if you fancy giving this a go, Jemma. Good luck with the search either way. :)

If anyone from Showmasters is reading this perhaps you could use this route to make an intial contact to get her as a guest?

Go for it Jemma I emailed the contact lense lady for Twilight as well as the costume people.

Bagsy doing Jemma';s make up!!! always wanted to make her look like a clown!!! :D:firedevil:

Like hell your making me look like a clown :thumbup: I will never let anyone do my make up after some comapny did it in texas at an event and i looks like an idiot lmao

Ok Jemma,

Let's see if this is of any use to you. Probably not! :P

Thank you i will email her :wub:

Go for it Jemma I emailed the contact lense lady for Twilight as well as the costume people.

Thats so cool.

Do many answer or are they "how did you get my email address" and have hissy fits?

As long as they aren't getting lots so it's overwhelming and becoming too hard to reply too I would think they would really like the recognition of their work as most people are usually more interested in the celebs, high profile actors or CGI.

Thats so cool.

Do many answer or are they "how did you get my email address" and have hissy fits?

As long as they aren't getting lots so it's overwhelming and becoming too hard to reply too I would think they would really like the recognition of their work as most people are usually more interested in the celebs, high profile actors or CGI.

I got a reply from the contact lense lady but not from the others. Luckily a friend of mine had already spoken to one of the costume ladies so he just passed the info on to me. Their emails were pretty public so they definitely can't have hissy fits and some of them were on facebook.

• 2 weeks later...

Even thought there's only about... 0.1% chance of me actually going to this con (which I really really want to!), I really wanna cosplay Prim! So.. if I can make it to next year's Games... then I'll do that XD But I might do it at signing events like LFCC, depends if/when I get it done.

Even thought there's only about... 0.1% chance of me actually going to this con (which I really really want to!), I really wanna cosplay Prim! So.. if I can make it to next year's Games... then I'll do that XD But I might do it at signing events like LFCC, depends if/when I get it done.

Why is there only an 0.1% chance of you getting to this Con?

So come on Jemma, what's the latest on your hunt for material for your costume.

This is something of a story unto itself. :)

Did you email the person I found for you?

Let me know if you do Holly as might bring my Katniss stuff if I've finished and we can get pics together.

I think Jemma emailed them cunningham but no reply yet.

The costumes from what I got to see of the film yesterday are: Katniss' arena, training, girl on fire catsuit, red dress (at some point) and reaping (I think thats almost the entire movies costumes lmao) and I wanna do Peeta's interview outfit. Not sure when I'll do them but yeah got a few cons this year yet

sadly no email as of yet but fingers crossed ;)

Im still looking for a decent fabric if not got a few im looking at that i need to order swatches of this week.

Found Effie's shoes but they are crazy expensive they are by Alexander Mcqueen ....and of course the gold ones are much harder to find than the black ones....have found the black pair on a website at only $157 but they are replicas and only available in black :WINCE:

I cant bring myself to buy a pair of Alexander Mcqueen shoes and paint them gold lol it would be a sin :lol:

Also need to start pulling Glimmers training outfit together :)

In fact these are the cheapest in gold ive seen them *goes to cry in a corner*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALEXANDER-MCQUEEN-...=item3a67ae32de

Edited by Jemma

sadly no email as of yet but fingers crossed ;)

Im still looking for a decent fabric if not got a few im looking at that i need to order swatches of this week.

Found Effie's shoes but they are crazy expensive they are by Alexander Mcqueen ....and of course the gold ones are much harder to find than the black ones....have found the black pair on a website at only $157 but they are replicas and only available in black :WINCE:

I cant bring myself to buy a pair of Alexander Mcqueen shoes and paint them gold lol it would be a sin :lol:

Also need to start pulling Glimmers training outfit together :)

In fact these are the cheapest in gold ive seen them *goes to cry in a corner*

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALEXANDER-MCQUEEN-...=item3a67ae32de

I'm starting sorting the training pattern out soon hopefully. Got my mock up fabric, samples and pattern sorted so yay! If you want me to do you one too let me know.