Thanks

Rockstar6662

We were G21 & G22 this time, lowest number we've ever had and were still five\six rows back. (Just behind the camera and the MC's seat)

I counted the number of seats on the Friday at the open ceremony and it looked like each row was 16 seats across, which when you're that far back doesn't make sense. I think the front row gets filled first and then people take up the aisle seats next.

I know on Sunday they were checking the passes of people in the gold seats, but as it was a break a lot of people had vacated their seats. Whether they were checking people when they came back in I don't know.

Yeah, I didn't get up at god-awful-o'clock to get in the first 20 seats for Shanks to be sat back behind where that damn mic stand is!!!...I hope that things will be greatly improved by November then.... :D

Deeds xx

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I agree with the people who suggested that Golds should be loaded at the front of the hall. Otherwise it's a very long trek, particularly for those people with disabilities!

I was Gold 9 this time, and on the saturday I ended up sitting on the fourth row which was a bit disappointing and kind of put me off getting up early to queue for tickets on sunday, since if having Gold 9 isn't enough to get you a good seat, then what's the point?

Otherwise I had an excellent weekend and met some lovely new people, so thank you!

Thank you so much ME/Showmasters for an absolutely incredible weekend :YAHOO: ! All the guests were fantastic, especially the lovely Amanda and the hysterical Peter. I don't know when I've laughed so much :lol: . Thanks to the crew for being so friendly, helpful and patient with this sometime pain in the ***. You all (except for one who practically had me in tears) are greatly appreciated.

We were G21 & G22 this time, lowest number we've ever had and were still five\six rows back. (Just behind the camera and the MC's seat)

I counted the number of seats on the Friday at the open ceremony and it looked like each row was 16 seats across, which when you're that far back doesn't make sense. I think the front row gets filled first and then people take up the aisle seats next.

I know on Sunday they were checking the passes of people in the gold seats, but as it was a break a lot of people had vacated their seats. Whether they were checking people when they came back in I don't know.

Yeah, I didn't get up at god-awful-o'clock to get in the first 20 seats for Shanks to be sat back behind where that damn mic stand is!!!...I hope that things will be greatly improved by November then.... :YAHOO:

Deeds xx

Good luck getting in the first couple of rows. Seating has always been my one complaint with these conventions. After 6 Chevrons, 5 as Gold, I've given up getting a great seat. Had Gold 5 & 6 (which I know will never happen again), entered the hall as soon as our group was called and we still sat in the 3rd row. We had terrific seats to be sure but I had thought we would have been in the 1st row with such low numbers. We have mid-twenties for 7.9 and I'm already assuming we'll end up in the 4th row if we're lucky.

I had a great weekend but ...

I was gold with a friend and as said before you get in with the rest which leads to pushing to get your seat. the talks were great but sunday night at the last panel I was FORCED TO STAND to the side ... as I said I have a gold ticket and even worse I have a crutch! I mean Gold and disabled ? that is a little strange... I would suggest maybe for future events that the seats get a number, that way it really IS YOUR chair for the entire weekend. This way you can prevent confusion with the ones who can't speak or only know poor english. Overall it was a great weekend! great guests! great talks! roll on november!

Edited by Gatewhale

I was gold with a friend and as said before you get in with the rest which leads to pushing to get your seat. the talks were great but sunday night at the last panel I was FORCED TO STAND to the side ... as I said I have a gold ticket and even worse I have a crutch! I mean Gold and disabled ? that is a little strange... I would suggest maybe for future events that the seats get a number, that way it really IS YOUR chair for the entire weekend. This way you can prevent confusion with the ones who can't speak or only know poor english. Overall it was a great weekend! great guests! great talks! roll on november!

I am very sorry to hear you had difficulties, normally when loading the hall, all those with any form of disability go in first, even before VIP and Gold, and are given not only time to get to their seat, but a crew member assists them. This is to avoid any rush getting into the hall at all.

The hall is loaded once daily, from then on, the seat is yours for the rest of that day, but always, those with disabilities go in first.

I will draw this to Too Talls attention

Thank you so much to everyone at Chevron. I had an awesome time. Amanda was incredible, I was completelt star struck. Robin was hilarious, I was literally crying with laughter and a very good sport much respect to him.

Loved the Bickersons. Peter's impression of Robert Carlyle was brilliant. Tom and Garry had some great stories.

I am very sorry to hear you had difficulties, normally when loading the hall, all those with any form of disability go in first, even before VIP and Gold, and are given not only time to get to their seat, but a crew member assists them. This is to avoid any rush getting into the hall at all.

The hall is loaded once daily, from then on, the seat is yours for the rest of that day, but always, those with disabilities go in first.

I will draw this to Too Talls attention

Sometimes it's even impossible to get through the crowds to be near the front to queue up...and with only a shortish time before the end of autos and the start of the afternoon talks AND having to fit lunch in, it can be hard to get there early enough NOT to be fighting your way through those that are always trying to get near the front to get in earlier than they can.....separation of Gold, Silver and Standard would at least be a start for sure... :YAHOO:

My husband is walking disabled and doesn't always like to go first and often makes do with staying near the back and on the end so he can get up and walk around a bit....he's happy to do this but it does annoy me sometimes when I know he's got a right to a seat further up the front but can't always stand for a long time waiting to get there... :YAHOO:

Deeds xx

I did see crew checking passes as people returned to seats in between talks.

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you found yourself standing for the last panel. No one should have to do that, whether with a crutch or not!

I know it is not much consolation now as it has already happened, but if you ever find yourself in a similar position, or indeed if anyone else does, then please just speak to a member of crew who will sort the situation out.

Numbering seats is not really a practical option as they are set and re-set so many times over the weekend, often at very short notice. People should just respect the system that is in place and abide by the idea that once you have your seat in the first talk you then have it for the weekend.

We will be looking at ways to load the hall, particularly at The Radisson, in a better way and I am sure this will alleviate most of the problems that people have had at the last event. However, as always, should you still encounter an issue PLEASE tell us at the event. We are there to help but can often only do so if we are told at the time.

Thanks for everyones input and we will ensure it all works better at 7.9! :YAHOO:

Mark :YAHOO:

....normally when loading the hall, all those with any form of disability go in first, even before VIP and Gold, and are given not only time to get to their seat, but a crew member assists them. This is to avoid any rush getting into the hall at all.

The hall is loaded once daily, from then on, the seat is yours for the rest of that day, but always, those with disabilities go in first.....

To be honest I found that because the hotel was so much bigger than The Park and everything is spread out a lot more the weekend was a struggle for me physically. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the help getting into the hall and also the people who took my stick in the photo ops and made sure I had it handed to me on the way out. The little things like this really do make a difference when you have to ration your energy and pick and chose what you can do.

One thing I would like to suggest is that as well as the winning raffle tickets for the guest encounter being pinned on the wall that the numbers are announced in the hall as well. I know it may seem like a quick trip out to the atrium to check the tickets but for someone with walking or fatigue issues it's like walking a mile or two.

I did suggest this on Sunday at the desk but was advised it wasn't the way it was done.

Edited by Ophelia

Hi there,

I'm sorry that you found yourself standing for the last panel. No one should have to do that, whether with a crutch or not!

I know it is not much consolation now as it has already happened, but if you ever find yourself in a similar position, or indeed if anyone else does, then please just speak to a member of crew who will sort the situation out.

Numbering seats is not really a practical option as they are set and re-set so many times over the weekend, often at very short notice. People should just respect the system that is in place and abide by the idea that once you have your seat in the first talk you then have it for the weekend.

We will be looking at ways to load the hall, particularly at The Radisson, in a better way and I am sure this will alleviate most of the problems that people have had at the last event. However, as always, should you still encounter an issue PLEASE tell us at the event. We are there to help but can often only do so if we are told at the time.

Thanks for everyones input and we will ensure it all works better at 7.9! :blink:

Mark :D

Will do! I love coming to your events! roll on 7.9!

i had a great time. i havent laughed so much in ages. especaily in the last talk. i luaged so much in the last talk i ended up getting a headache- but worth it. cant wait till my next con(probably next year due to money) had a great wekend and thanks again to everyone.i whish it coulkd have gone on longer.

I had a great time like always and can't wait till Chevron 7.9

I only have one gripe and that is the video camera in the middle of the gangway of the talks. Did it have to be so high that it was almost always in the way of my photos? couldn't it be lower down (I don't mind looking up their noses on the screen) or better yet to the side of the hall out of the way of everyone.

I'm just sick and tired of cutting it out of my photos at every event that I have ended up sitting behind it

As always mum and I had a totally fab time, and are on a complete downer now, missing everyone/thing!

I think everyone has said how fabulous the talks were, and it seemed more like a hub con than a chevron one at times!

We had a 'little' altercation on Saturday when trying to get into the hall for talks as people just wouldn't let us through when our number was called - I have to say these were people I didn't recognise from any previous cons though. Then when we got into the hall, we had some people rushing down to meet their friends who were already on the row we had chosen, trying to move us out! The whole group seemed to have ticket no's about 50 behind our own too. Needless to say, we weren't going to let that happen and stayed put, and there was no need to let crew know in this case.

I noted on Sunday that it seemed to be people we recognised queuing outside the hall, and many had had similar experiences on the Saturday.

This is the only time this has happened in all the years I've been going to cons though.

I like the idea of loading into different doors too, if that is possible at the radisson.

Massive Thanks to all the crew for being amazing as ever, to Malcolm and Danielle for the perfect (for me!) photos, and a special mention to Ali and Katie on the reg desk for doing a fab job as always sorting out all our extra tickets etc, and for booking for 7.9, even to the extent that they didn't get to hear any talks.

Maxine ;0)

Massive Thanks to all the crew for being amazing as ever, to Malcolm and Danielle for the perfect (for me!) photos,

How could I have forgotten those two? Doh! Hate photos of me but have always been happy with the quality of the results these two produce.

I hate photos of me too! I don't seem to look too bad when the pros take them.

The odd blink aside . . .

i agree with trekkiefan. i sometimes couldnt see the guests due to them being behind the camera. there was also the issue of the taking of photoes with the camera in fromt. there were times where i just thought of screaming moove the dam camera. but ifcourse thet would be bood. but yet the camera position was bad. i have too many pictures i had to deleat because all you could see was the camera. and many spoiled due to a part of the camera baing in the way. so pleas can someone take this into acount and either move or lower the camera. i too dont mind looking up the guests. and again teh fact the the camer offen blocks one of the guests entirely when there are multiople guests on stage.

Just the one complaint from me which is unheard of. :P

The camera filming in the isle is a total pain, it makes it impossible to get a decent photo of a guest sitting in front of it! Surely it can be moved to the back of the hall or off to the sides? I know other organisers do this and don't have any issues with it! Just a thought for the next con SM! :P

Thanks to the guest's, crew and all attendees! Special thanks to Malcolm (I did get my stance right in the end) and Danielle for the photo shoots and Super DJ Andrew for the TUNES all weekend. Nearly killed me on the con dancing as he played the two strenuous one's a few times "Footloose and "Beat it"! Best dance of the weekend, Sunday night "Apache, Jump on it" with Tom in full swing! AWESOME! Hope to see you all at 7.9!

This was the best weekend of my life! I'd like to thank for all the crew members who worked really hard to make it go smoothly! You are awesome guys and you just made a whole bunch of people's life happier! :blink:

So THANK YOU! You guys ROCK!

Of course my thanks go to the guests of the weekend, Amanda, Robin, Gary, Tom and Peter too, who were so nice a sweet and dangerously funny!

I'm sitting here now that I got home and miss the whole weekend. Every bit of it!

So once again:

THANK YOU!

I can understand people getting frustrated with buying a gold ticket and ending up well back from the stage. I buy a gold for myself and my wife who has poor vision. If we cant get near the front (even with low numbered tickets) she doesnt attend the talks as she is unable to see the guests - she has tried looking at the side screens but these arent always clear to her.

Since the tickets are numbered why cant the seats be numbered too? If Showmasters wish to reserve some seats for those with disabilities why not make two of the aisle seats on each row for this purpose....even seperate them so they dont have to move to allow people in and out. I know that some people hang back to be with friends but I'm sure showmasters can arrange a procedure to allow an "official swap"

As for people taking seats later in the talks this happened to my wife - she attended one talk then was away for the quiz and when she returned someone was trying to say it was not her seat.......just number the seats and it then ties in with you ticket.

Other than that the weekend was my best Chevron so far - Mr Peter Kelamis was an absolute star and I would be happy to see him return very soon. He mixed with the fans and enjoyed both telling and hearing stories. Both Gary Chalk and Tom Mcbeath joined us at the parties aswell and made for a very enjoyable event.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again in November - and as one half of the Scots beer supply network will be better equipped to ensure the guests get a chance to sample decent beer rather than the extortionately priced, poor quality, tiny bottles of hotel beer.

Since the tickets are numbered why cant the seats be numbered too?
It's not practical for one. Numbered seating has been tried previously at the signing shows (EMS or LFFC). It took an extra 20 minutes longer than normal to load the hall as people searched for their seats, and that is with far fewer people seated in the talk than what would be at this type of event.

Another issue how would you number them?

Example

left 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, aisle, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 right (5 would be sat in the middle, with 1 sat on the end, fair?)

or 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, aisle, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (6 sat in the middle, and 5 sat on the end, still not fair)

or 9, 7, 5, 3, 1, aisle, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 (possibly the fairest based purely on numbering but if people bought tickets together then they would want to sit together especially if there is a child, 5 and 6, 7 and 8, etc).

• 3 weeks later...

I meant to post this the week after the con, but I too caught the Con Crud coldey thing, I think from the hotel. I am actually still poorly now so figured I get this done!

I wasn't looking forward to the event and not for any reason than due to personal stuff my head wasn't in the right place for it. Or so I thought, but as we veterans of SG cons know, if theres one thing that can take your mind off your troubles and lift your spirits, its attending these type of events. Its a shame you can't bottle that feeling as its just amazing and so very good for you.

So back to the guests

Amanda

wow that lady gives great hugs, she is as lovely and funny in person as hoped she woulc be

Mr Robin J Dunne

this was not the first time of me meeting him (my third actually) so I knew exactly what level of

humour to expect from him (in the gutter!) so he didn't disappoint although it seemed

to rub off on all the other guests! I was cringing for Amanda during their panel. I did

enjoy the strip tease a little lol

Garry

that man doesn't really need a microphone, so great to meet him after seeing him on-screen in sg1

so many years ago, and it was really interesting to hear stories about some of his voice-over work etc

Peter

How lucky were we to get free standup, that guy is hilarious and his Robert Carlyle impressions are uncanny

Tom

What a lovely gentleman, as with Garry I had waited a long time to meet him, he made me tear up alot during Sundays talks and was so unassuming. How lovely that he had such pride in his achievements throughout his theatre career

Many thanks to the amazing Massive Events crew, this was not my first con but my first Chevron event. This was a very smoothly run event, you made every minute of it a pleasure to be at, even during the queueing and when needed the crew were attentive and most helpful, I do agree with the other points, several people had made regarding the corridors in the venue and some seating issues. So hope they can get sorted for the next one.

Lastly I don't know whether any of the many people that I chatted to throughout the weekend come on here, but if they do great to sit with you before the photos/autos/outside the hall and inside. Lisa, Joanne, Sue, & Nikki to name but a few. I hope to see everyone again very soon, I can;t afford the one in November, but fingers crossed for one again in Feb 2013.

Thanks again Massive Events