Thanks

Rockstar6662

Just like to say a massive thanks to Massive Events, Amanda, Robin, Gary, Peter and Tom for an amazingly fun weekend. I haven't laughed so hard or so much for years.

Everyone seemed to really enjoying themselves and apart from a minor issue with someone trying to take my seat during a break in the afternoon talks even though I'd left something on it, I've had a blast.

Might be worth mentioning at the start of the afternoon sessions that the seat you have is supposed to be yours for the afternoon. Had lots of different people sitting near me but luckily the people who had vacated those seats didn't come back.

But a minor point. Thought everything was great. Just coming down now it's all over - far too quickly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a great weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Loved partying with the guests and meeting old freinds. Can't wait till I come to another con(probably next year). Great meeting everyone and speaking to new people. Thank you to Showmaster and also to - Amanda, Rbin, Tom, Pete and Garry- and a specialy thanks to Tom, Garry and especialy Pete for partying with us into the night.

What a brilliant weekend, thank you Massive Events! Guests were amazing and probably the most funny group to date, great crew and really well organised. Loved the venue (personal fav), everything seemed to flow well this weekend! Can't wait for the next one, thank you again! :WAVE:

Yep just wanted to say a massive thank you for pulling this together - had been living in hope of meeting Amanda for a long time.

Well organised as always; I'm not sure why the organisers felt the need to apologise about the hotel choice on Saturday, yes a tad pricey but that's London - not exactly like this hotel is new to the convention circuit so peeps we should by now know what we are signing up for.

A great line up of guests and I don't think I will forget Peter's impressions especially of Robert C for a while.

Don't think we'd laughed so hard for long time!

Well done and look forward to seeing you another time!

A big thanks you to Amanda, Robin, Peter, Garry and Tom for being such fab guests!!!

thanks to showmasters for organising - even if the venue wasn't the easiest for us to get to

Too Tall you are my hero as usual for helping us out with scheduling problems.

Now just hope I get my photoshoots from sunday as we had to leave early

Edited by bandcat

A big thanks you to Amanda, Robin, Peter, Garry and Tom for being such fab guests!!!
This.

Special mention to Peter (I didn't realise this was his first event until he said at the end.), and Robin (not an event based on 'his show' yet he seemed to be enjoying himself immensely, in all three areas that I saw him photo/auto/stage). They both appeared to be so relaxed and completely at home at this event.

I find myself wondering what Robin would be like at a purely Sanctuary themed event :D

Big thanks to everyone for a well organised and incredibly fun event.

The guest talks were all excellent - interesting, and so funny! And all the guests appeared genuinely pleased to be there, which was great!

Peter was a brilliant last minute addition - generally great to have an SGU guest, but he was hilarious and his impressions, particularly of Robert Carlyle, were so good.

What can I say about Amanda - well worth the wait! Really pleased to have had the opportunity to meet her, and that she was so lovely and funny and chatty was just the icing on the cake.

The only issue I had with the event was the heat in the hotel, particularly whilst waiting in the corridor for photoshoots and in the guest talks - but it didn't spoil a really great weekend.

Looking forward to my next Stargate fix at LFCC!

THANKS!!

I also want to add my thanks for making my first con ever such a fantastic experience. The guests were all sweethearts and great fun, and good call on adding Peter! He was definitely my favorite in all respects and now holds a dear place in my heart.

Also, thanks to everyone who didn't tease me too much about being a con virgin and to those friends I've made. Will see you again in November!

Cheers, ME & SM :)

A fantastic mix of guests, I've not laughed so much at a Chevron ever (and I've been to them all!).

Amanda was amazing, such a wonderful guest, and together they were so incredible.

From Robin's trousers (or lack of!) at the auction, to Tom in tears talking about his theatre work, it was such an interesting mix.

Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Thanks to all - it was brilliant

Bring on 7.9!

Thanks Massive Events for putting on another great event for us :D

Highlights of the weekend for me:

• Hugging Amanda :wub:
  • Amanda and Robin on stage together
  • Peter's stories and impressions, especially of Carlyle, hilarious :P
  • The filth that was the final talk :(

I'm glad ME are still inviting SGU guests despite a few people who don't want them, this and previous events wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without them. And even though Robin wasn't in Stargate, he was a great addition to the lineup too.

Looking forward to the next event.

Edited by Christoff

Thanks Massive Events for putting on another great event for us :D

Highlights of the weekend for me:

• Hugging Amanda :wub:

:P She was lovely and more than happy to do poses etc. I had a standard photo on saturday then bought 2 more on sunday. Just scanning them all in now.

• Amanda and Robin on stage together
  • Peter's stories and impressions, especially of Carlyle, hilarious :(
  • The filth that was the final talk :wub:

I'm glad ME are still inviting SGU guests despite a few people who don't want them, this and previous events wouldn't have been anywhere near as good without them. And even though Robin wasn't in Stargate, he was a great addition to the lineup too.

Looking forward to the next event.

They were all brilliantly funny. Rude but very funny. Haven't laughed so much in a long, long time and even in the photoshoot Garry and Robin were hilarious.

I was more than happy for Robin to be there as I love Sanctuary too and it was great meeting an SGU guest as I don't think they realise people did like the show. Peter seemed blown away by the positive reaction and was a great addition for me and I'll totally look forward to Patrick next time.

Wasn't sure if I'd be able to go to the next one as it's the week after HW4 but having got home and thought about it I'm going to buy a ticket as soon as they're in the shop.

Wasn't sure if I'd be able to go to the next one as it's the week after HW4 but having got home and thought about it I'm going to buy a ticket as soon as they're in the shop.
:D That didn't take long to change your mind.

Just call me fickle :) I said the same after HW3.

Had a think and if i only stay 2 nights at the hotel instead of 3 at HW3 then that pays for one night for Chevron the following week.

I'm just enjoy these things too much even though I don't know too many people yet.

Agree with what everyone has already posted. Thank you so much to ME and Showmasters for putting together an amazing con once again. Guests were absolute hoots! And was a treat to finally meet Amanda. What a sweetheart she is :)

Edited by pamela86

After Sunday's panel, are you really wanting to say that you enjoyed yourself a lot!! lol only kidding, the weekend was a blast.

Well I'll never think about bikes, young boys climbing trees and John F Kennedy in the same way again.....and that's after copious amounts of brain bleach!!!... :D

Deeds xx

What a weekend, finally got home late last night.

This was certainly the funnest (and rudest) Chevron I've been to and although it was a long way to come, had a great time and looking forward to Chevron 7.9 (only 248 Days to go).

Best bits

Meeting Amanda was the first person to be crossed off my list of top five women I've wanted to meet. If things go as planned for LFCC then I can also cross Jeri and Gillian off that list as well. Just Claudia Black & Kate Hewlett left to go and I'll have to start making a new list.

Getting Amanda's chair for the bargin price of £240, especially given that RDA's when for well over a grand.

Meeting Tom & Garry, who were both very entertaining and funny.

Peter's impressions, especially of Robbie C.

The good Samaritan who saved us paying the full price for the parking at the hotel and I did the same later on.

Bad bits

Robin dropping his pants, (sorry trousers) on stage, at least he had decent boxers on. As a straight male not my thing and think that maybe the auction was not the correct place to do this, especially as I know there were kids in the room.

The main room being narrow and long. I know that this is not ME fault they have to work with what the hotel has, but the people at the back needed binoculars to see the guests on stage. It was the only reason I booked Gold for the next Chevron, just to get decent picture.

Hopefully the Park Inn @ Northamton will be used in the future.

The long journey to and from London and the usual crowding when the hall is loaded (more on that later)

Things that could be done better

The usual announcement about attendees keeping the same seats in the talks was not made. Most people know this, but sometimes people need to be reminded.

Also when the next event was announced there was not mention of when the tickets would go on sale.

The crowding outside the main hall before the talks, especiailly on the Siunday because of the over-run on the autographs.

I think that things would have gone smoother if the disabled\VIP\Gold attendiees had been let into the hall from the front rather than the back. This would allow the silver and standrard to be loaded from the back at the same time.

I would also have tried to keep the area directly outside the hall clear, using the space and various paths through the atrium.

Anyway that's my ranting over.

See you all in November (Only 248 days to go)

:D:D:wub:

Missed one thing.

If anyone knows what happened about the dispute over who had bought Robin's chair, I'd be interested to know. Was it the girl who took posession of the chair or the one who said her friend had paid for it.

Yes, I TOTALLY agree Gold and VIP should be loaded into that particular hall through separate doors from Silver and Standard...I have bought Gold for Michael Shanks next time and I'm G20 with my hubby G21 - we WANT to get in the front 2/3 rows for sure and I cannot see that happening if that Sunday Crush is repeated next time!... :D

I liked the hotel very much apart from one thing, which I'm sorry to say, seemed to come from one group of fans, the corridors and doorways in some areas are VERY narrow....and it is NOT the done thing to stand RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THEM AND BLOCK EVERYONE'S PATH!!...I lost count of the number of times I had to shout "EXCUSE ME!" to people who would not move out of the way!...and I'm sorry to say, that the exuse of a language barrier is not enough!...anyone with a smidgeon of common sense and goes regularly to Cons knows how crowded places get and I think they should use their brains to make sure they are out of the way more often!!!

But apart from that I had a ball!!!... :D

Deeds xx

Thanks for the ideas on the talk queuing. I'll make sure we sort that out for next time.

Thanks TT - you are always so quick to take on board suggestions - it'll help with me and hubby especially (the walking disabled one I keep banging on about all the time - poor sod!!.. :D )....I'm 20 he's 21, so technically we can't enter the room together but at least if we get the chance to queue away from the big crush it helps a little...:D

Thanks once again for all your understanding in the auto queues and help with clearing some of the "tight spots"....

Deeds xx

We were G21 & G22 this time, lowest number we've ever had and were still five\six rows back. (Just behind the camera and the MC's seat)

I counted the number of seats on the Friday at the open ceremony and it looked like each row was 16 seats across, which when you're that far back doesn't make sense. I think the front row gets filled first and then people take up the aisle seats next.

I know on Sunday they were checking the passes of people in the gold seats, but as it was a break a lot of people had vacated their seats. Whether they were checking people when they came back in I don't know.

Thanks for the ideas on the talk queuing. I'll make sure we sort that out for next time.

Good idea there. I did have an issue with someone taking my seat after one of the sessions even though I'd left something on it and had to try and explain in a mix of very poor French and English that you keep your seat all day. Although there was so much moving around it was a bit of a mess at times.

But didn't spoil anything once sorted.