For anyone "overcharged" by The Hilton

EternallyCullen

Hi everyone, I know that lots of you have had problems with the hotel taking money off the cards you made the reservations with after check out - even though they seemed to want us to pay on arrival at the Hilton...

I realised that they'd charged me £409 yesterday when I checked my bank at the cashpoint, and of course I contacted them, because Cherie paid for the room when we checked in, on her credit card, and then I cleared the room service and bar charges balance and carparking costs on a different card at the end of our stay.

This is what I posted on the facebook group, and I'll keep you posted on what's happening.

Eternally Cullen

for everyone who has been charged by the Hilton... I've just called my bank as I'm really pee'd off at the moment.. My gorgeous roomie paid for our room when we checked in on Friday and paid the full amount to her card. Yesterday I realised that The Hilton had charged my debit card £409.20 (when I had zilch in the account!) I had not presented my card, so they'd not even SWIPED it, but it was the card that I booked with. My bank has authorised the payment to go out, even though I don't have an overdraft on the account... and also charged me £8 for the pleasure of not having any funds. Awesome, hey?

Anyway, the man was very nice and I explained the situation. He told me to contact the hotel with a copy or scan of the letter and demand that they pay the bank charges, seeing as it's their mistake.

The Hilton agreed to refund the card, but my bank said that it's not showing up on my account just yet, so I need to keep a close eye out. It's annoying because if it's not sorted by Monday then I am royally screwed as I'll get paid and have money go in to cover my bills, and to pay my roomie back, and if it's not gone back in, I won't have anything left over at all. I seriously want to scream, and I'm about to write a strongly worded letter.

I used to work for a hotel chain, and I have NEVER heard of this happening before. This company keeps records of all cards swiped, and the girl on the phone could tell me the long number and expiration date of FOUR cards attached to my Hilton booking. personally think it's absolutely disgusting. I'll draft the letter up and pop a copy on the doc's section in here so that you can all see it.

I strongly advise you all to check your bank accounts and credit card statements asap.

Like · · Unfollow post · 7 minutes ago

Hope you're all okay, and it was lovely seeing old and new faces this weekend. It was brilliant.