X Files Auction

Can you pay with card at the auction or does it have to be cash?

Yes you can normally pay by card :) there is usually a member of crew sat at the front of the auction with a card machine :)

Thanks.

Does anyone know if SM take American Express (quite seriously)? I don't want to carry around hundreds and hundreds in cash, but I tend to prefer using Amex... and I might have a go at that suit :)

Edited by MikeDonovan

That sounds fantastic! Out of interest, is it for charity? Where are the items coming from?

Why would anyone assume it's for charity ? Christies and Bonhams auction stuff every week - none of it's for charity.....

Although a bit of provenance would be nice.

That sounds fantastic! Out of interest, is it for charity? Where are the items coming from?

Why would anyone assume it's for charity ? Christies and Bonhams auction stuff every week - none of it's for charity.....

Although a bit of provenance would be nice.

Dufresne you could always win the suit, then donate it to charity immediately afterwards.

What a shame Don S Davis passed on, he would have been great with Gillian as he played her father William Scully in The X Files. I met him several years ago and he was fantastic fun. I wish I had met him more than once. Oh well, still have a great photo and memories of him. Do you have any of his memorabilia to auction off?

Edited by CurlyKirsty

• Showmasters Admin

Out of interest, is it for charity?

If any of the items are being sold for charity it will be made clear at the auction.

Can you pay with card at the auction or does it have to be cash?

Yes you can normally pay by card :) there is usually a member of crew sat at the front of the auction with a card machine :)

Thanks.

Does anyone know if SM take American Express (quite seriously)? I don't want to carry around hundreds and hundreds in cash, but I tend to prefer using Amex... and I might have a go at that suit :)

Sorry but as far as I'm aware the card machines SM use don't take AMEX.

I am behind the times and just wandered if I had missed any indication when the talk might be, even if it's just AM or PM? it is far away yet and I assume it's not been sorted out but I hate to assume so thought I'd check :D thanks

surfy sah xx

• 4 weeks later...

someone already asked but i dont think it was answered- do u have to have tickets for talk to attend the auction?

No, you don't require a ticket for the auction, but everyone who goes to the talk is likely going to be at the auction, so you will probably be at the back or without a seat when you go.