latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

It's possibly a reason they've never got someone like Thomas F Wilson before. I had seen that he didn't like signing Back to the Future things and it'd be a bit pointless him being at a signing event if people couldnt get something from that film series signed as it's what he's primarily known for.

I agree that the show was untouchable for a while, it truly was a part of history, on the cover of all cult tv mags, tv listing mags, everyone watched it seemingly, it's one of the first shows I remember actually watching from the beginning religiously for a few seasons at least. The pictures i'm looking to get signed are pictures i've seen a thousand times over the years

Edited by JacknDaniel

I'm still trying to take this all in, but I think that this would be the view of the majority of people on here as well.

July seems so far off now but boy will our wait be rewarded :)

Last night I watched The Pilot and seeing Gillian and David onscreen there who'd have thought that right then back in the early nineties that such a phenomenon would begin.

You know something, when the site crashed last night it reminded me of when the Ticket company handling the application for Tickets for Red Dwarf went down with oodles of people with an almost rabid fever to them tried to get on to the site, as it turned out only 1,800 or so people got lucky when they managed to get their applications through and last night die hard XPhiles must have felt they'd struck gold as well - its all paid off for us :)

The Truth Is Out There :)

You know something, when the site crashed last night it reminded me of when the Ticket company handling the application for Tickets for Red Dwarf went down with oodles of people with an almost rabid fever to them tried to get on to the site, as it turned out only 1,800 or so people got lucky when they managed to get their applications through and last night die hard XPhiles must have felt they'd struck gold as well - its all paid off for us :)

I've been coming along for the best part of 10 years to SM events, and this is the first time I've felt the need to buy a gold pass.... bottom line, there are two ways to be guaranteed to meet GA. 1) be there at 5AM waiting, or 2) buy a gold pass. Simple as that. Unless there are only a few small guests I'm interested in, going forward it will always be Gold Pass Territory for me.

Saturday is going to be absolutely batsh1t crazy, but as it is I'll pitch up, and it will go like this : -

* Gillian Anderson

* Jeri Ryan

* Jane Badler

* Anthony Michael Hall

* Tom Skerritt

Then boom! off for Pizza. Simples!

Edited by MikeDonovan

I'm not a massive X-Files fan, but what an amazing booking! It's going to be a busy con again this year!

I agree. Just a shame that the big signings could not have been spread over the 2 days as the Saturday will be crazy manic, which I'm not looking forward too tbh (I prefer Sundays due to the lesser numbers attending).

Beggers can't be choosers unfortunately. I've paid for a photoshoot and fingers crossed at 9am I won't be getting a virtual ticket numbered around 900! :dance:

I'm not a massive X-Files fan, but what an amazing booking! It's going to be a busy con again this year!

I agree. Just a shame that the big signings could not have been spread over the 2 days as the Saturday will be crazy manic, which I'm not looking forward too tbh (I prefer Sundays due to the lesser numbers attending).

Beggers can't be choosers unfortunately. I've paid for a photoshoot and fingers crossed at 9am I won't be getting a virtual ticket numbered around 900! :dance:

Well its gonna be intresting, cause last year there were only one really big signer that peopled ran for in the beginning of the day, and now we have 2 in the same day :) (Im reffering to Karen Gillan and Alex Kingston, and with big I mean very popular...)

Edited by Wondermoose

I've been coming along for the best part of 10 years to SM events, and this is the first time I've felt the need to buy a gold pass.... bottom line, there are two ways to be guaranteed to meet GA. 1) be there at 5AM waiting, or 2) buy a gold pass. Simple as that. Unless there are only a few small guests I'm interested in, going forward it will always be Gold Pass Territory for me.

Saturday is going to be absolutely batsh1t crazy, but as it is I'll pitch up, and it will go like this : -

* Gillian Anderson

* Jeri Ryan

* Jane Badler

* Anthony Michael Hall

* Tom Skerritt

Then boom! off for Pizza. Simples!

With no disrespect (and I mean this sincerely) to (yep I can see I'm going to be walking on eggshells with this one) Karen Gillan who was a Fantastic Guest to meet and obviously was the most popular Guest last year this year has been blown off the face of the Earth with Gillian not that I'm really comparing X-Files to Doctor Who - okay maybe I am.

But we all know how mental it was last year with Karen and I heard reports that she was signing so much that the pens were running out of ink?

To have DANA SCULLY fifty percent of the greatest partnership in scifi history (unless theres anyone I'm missing) and actually signing on X-Files is beyond anything most if not all of us could imagine.

That said

For me it will be of course:

* Gillian Anderson - on the obvious.

* Ke Huy Quan - I need him on Indiana Jones.

* Anthony Michael Hall - as nice as he would be on Edward Scissorhands I Loved both National Lampoons Vacation and Breakfast club in equal measures - Christ am I going to be spending a shedload this year!!!

With no disrespect (and I mean this sincerely) to (yep I can see I'm going to be walking on eggshells with this one) Karen Gillan who was a Fantastic Guest to meet and obviously was the most popular Guest last year this year has been blown off the face of the Earth with Gillian not that I'm really comparing X-Files to Doctor Who - okay maybe I am.

But we all know how mental it was last year with Karen and I heard reports that she was signing so much that the pens were running out of ink?

To have DANA SCULLY fifty percent of the greatest partnership in scifi history (unless theres anyone I'm missing) and actually signing on X-Files is beyond anything most if not all of us could imagine.

Well I agree on the partnership.

And well you cant really compare Karen Gillan and Gillian Andersson.

As you say, the greatest partnership in Sci Fi history, a pure legend.

But Karen Gillan she is very popular and most of all, very active atm.

So its like comparing an old legend and the hero of today. Ish ;)

5am? That's a bit early isn't it. I always turn up at 8am and hour before it opens and have always seen all the guests I've wanted to meet. Even last LFCC I think I turned up at 8.15am (My friend delayed us) on the Saturday and had a good place in the queue and that one had Karen Gillan there, I didn't meet her but the point is I could have done and got a decent VQ ticket. My pet hate on here is when people say they are going to turn up at stupid o'clock which in turn causes panic and makes people think they won't get to meet the guest they want to if they don't turn up at that time too.

5am? That's a bit early isn't it. I always turn up at 8am and hour before it opens and have always seen all the guests I've wanted to meet. Even last LFCC I think I turned up at 8.15am (My friend delayed us) on the Saturday and had a good place in the queue and that one had Karen Gillan there, I didn't meet her but the point is I could have done and got a decent VQ ticket. My pet hate on here is when people say they are going to turn up at stupid o'clock which in turn causes panic and makes people think they won't get to meet the guest they want to if they don't turn up at that time too.

I completely agree. It really annoys me when people start that conversation. And the whole 5am thing is something i've never agreed with personally. I've been going to these for 8 years now and have NEVER missed out of meeting anyone I wanted to...and I've never turned up more than an hour before opening time. As well as that, last LFCC was my busiest, I was meeting 26 guests, and getting a further 18 photo shoots, as well as a paid for talk, and managed it all without the aid of a gold pass, or getting there are stupid o'clock. If you plan your day well, and things are organised and as planned by the organisers on the day, you can pretty much manage anything, well I have up to now anyways

Superb Guest, finding the line up in the last year kind of surreal as my Wall is currently adorned with Karen Gillan which had replaced pictures of Holly Marie Combs, which in turn had replaced pictures of Gillian Anderson. All my Sci-Fi "Crushes" in one year well done Jason. ;)

I completely agree. It really annoys me when people start that conversation. And the whole 5am thing is something i've never agreed with personally. I've been going to these for 8 years now and have NEVER missed out of meeting anyone I wanted to...and I've never turned up more than an hour before opening time. As well as that, last LFCC was my busiest, I was meeting 26 guests, and getting a further 18 photo shoots, as well as a paid for talk, and managed it all without the aid of a gold pass, or getting there are stupid o'clock. If you plan your day well, and things are organised and as planned by the organisers on the day, you can pretty much manage anything, well I have up to now anyways

Thats impressive todo that without a gold pass,

I agree actually, I got there to see Tennant at around 8am and was fine though I thought Id miss out getting there that late............ He was only there one day too so im sure a similar time should be ok for Anderson, even though im aiming for 7am this time lol

I agree. If you can manage this good for you, I salute you! But for me, I got there at a decent time last year (not 5am), and it was a complete washout, and left me seriously p1ssed off.

To some extent I don't want to have to organize it in a military fashion, I just want to pitch up to the place, knock about for a while, wander up and say hello to Gillian Anderson (woo hoo!), and do the same with the other guests. I would have taken a punt with Jeri Ryan, but with Gillian Anderson there it's going to be totally MENTAL in my judgement, and under those circumstances I don't need the hassle - hence the gold pass.

Like I say, your mileage may vary as they say, and it sounds like your organization skills are a lot better than mine!

I agree. If you can manage this good for you, I salute you! But for me, I got there at a decent time last year (not 5am), and it was a complete washout, and left me seriously p1ssed off.

To some extent I don't want to have to organize it in a military fashion, I just want to pitch up to the place, knock about for a while, wander up and say hello to Gillian Anderson (woo hoo!), and do the same with the other guests. I would have taken a punt with Jeri Ryan, but with Gillian Anderson there it's going to be totally MENTAL in my judgement, and under those circumstances I don't need the hassle - hence the gold pass.

Like I say, your mileage may vary as they say, and it sounds like your organization skills are a lot better than mine!

I got the gold pass because of Karen Gillan, and it was awesome to have, I also organized myself in order to be able to not have a meltdown in the end of the day ;)

I got 9 photoshoots 1 talk and 26 autographs on the saturday. Worked nicely :) Just had a slight clash during the day :D 3 photoshoots at the same time + it was the same time as the karen gillan talk. But it worked out anyways :)

Edited by Wondermoose

Fair play to you Mike, and I totally understand that. A gold pass would certainly make it easier, no doubt about that. And i'm sorry to hear your weekend last year didn't go particularly well ;)

I'm sure some of it is definitely down to luck as well. It's one of those things that you can prepare as much as you like, but things can always go wrong. Best of luck to you this year and like I say, i'm sure the pass will be a huge help.

Didnt the site crash for 40 mins last night well at least i couldnt get on here for 40 mins how bad was for any one eles

The board fell over rather spectacularly, yes. Anthony Head was announced at 5.20pm and then there was the 7pm announcement for Gillian Anderson that we knew was coming. Took me about 20 mins to see the Gillian Anderson announcement!