latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

i got my photoshoot ticket for her the other day. think im like 420 something. shes gonna be so bored by the time she gets around to me LOL. is there going to be some sort of limit on the amount of VTs given out for autographs??

David Tennant had over 1000 tickets given out but became open queue not everyone could stay until the end, so I doubt a limit would happen. No matter what happens, get a ticket and stay until the end of the day if you can and you will most likely get her autograph (no guarantee because anything can happen).

Don't forget david had 2 photo shoots and lunch so wasn't sat there signing all day.

I come on the other side of this. I reckon this is one of those times when if you're not there first thing, you'll be out of luck. Caveat Emptor as they say. If you want to risk it go for it, but I reckon you'll be disappointed.

I'm not sure if they limit the tickets being given out but I think they will make it clear if they think it is unlikely you will be seen after a certain point.

I think with these very busy guests it probably is worth hanging on till the end if you can. I seem to remember someone saying that Karen Gillan technically made it to an open queue last year, albeit for about 10 seconds but I guess if you were there in the right place at the right time you might get lucky. That said with Gillian Anderson I'm not sure it would be worth taking the chance if you can avoid it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

i got my photoshoot ticket for her the other day. think im like 420 something. shes gonna be so bored by the time she gets around to me LOL. is there going to be some sort of limit on the amount of VTs given out for autographs??

We don't usually limit the number of VTs. But once we get to around 800 we will start advising people they are less likely to get seen.

We've had this discussion a number of times at events. What's better...

1: We give you a ticket (lets say 1200) and tell you "You're unlikely to get seen but you MAY get seen!". You then wait around until the end of the show and you then MIGHT get seen. So OK you may have wasted 2 hours walking around the show, but then you may also get the autograph you wanted.

2: We stop giving out tickets at say 1000, and tell you "Sorry that's it, no more!". So you go home only to find out that at 10 minutes before we closed we actually went open queue and if you'd waited you could have got one.

We give the attendee the chose. We'd rather people made the decision for themselves. We'll be honest about the chances but it's their decision then, wait or not.

"will be taking part in a limited Photo op"

By limited, are you reffering to her being here one day only and that its a very rare occasion that she will be on an event like this?

Cause 420 aint exactly limited in comparison to the other guests :)

Limited refers to the fact that it's not an unlimited photo shoot and they can sell out.

ok :)

(Im just saying, that line made me run home from a party the night Gillian was announced, cause I thought that they might run out the same night I thought it would be around 100-200)

:D;)

Edited by Goosemaster

not able to trail through 23 pages right now... just wandered if the time of the talk had been announced? thanks :WAVE:

surfy sah xx

I have seen all of the pages, and no it hasn't been announced yet ;)

thankyou :D

surfy sah xx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Three weeks to go until my X-Files DVD Boxset becomes more valuable to me than it currently is. Oh to have GIllians Autograph on this is beyond immense.

I keep getting tempted to take a box set to sign as well as a 10x8 but I'm still deciding! You taking any particular series or is it the full collectors edition?

• Like 1

Three weeks to go until my X-Files DVD Boxset becomes more valuable to me than it currently is. Oh to have GIllians Autograph on this is beyond immense.

I keep getting tempted to take a box set to sign as well as a 10x8 but I'm still deciding! You taking any particular series or is it the full collectors edition?

To be honest, thats something I would go for as well.

(Even now I'm wondering whether the 5 limit is too much - its not money I really have, and Friends and very close Friends think I'm out of my Tree for even considering going for 5 but regardless it will definitely be one)

IMG_9084.jpg

I'm going to ask Gillian to sign the top bit, for some reason I like the left hand side of this (the eye), and on the top I'll also ask Mitch to sign, leaving space if ever William B. Davis comes back... And will of course leave a space spare just in case of.... You know who.

*Gives puppydog eye- wait that should be Fox eyes to Jason* lol ;)

That eye would look so amazing signed. I have had this feeling for a while that *you know who* will be the main guest next year...so you never know :-)

Regardless though I think with Gillian's signature and Mitch on there it will look an amazing set for you and will be a real personal treasure. Would you be tempted to get Nicholas on there? I can understand the reasons not due to space for the other main players.

I'm considering the black bit next to the eye. Because if she Signs it in silver, it wont show up as much. On the black bit it would show up much better.

Still hoping this happens, I don't feel it will be this year though, peoples finances are already stretched and yes it would be nice to have a reunion of sorts but regardless I keep a very eagle eye on this forum making sure I don't miss a trick.

Cannot wait to have Gillian and Mitch on there and will be one of my most prized possessions (having been an X-Phile for some considerable time).

Nicholas and Adam will be going on the back of this. Then I've got to decide if this will be start of a HUGE project or not.

It really could be a huge project but a very worthwhile one that will keep you interested for a lonnnnng time.

Robert Patrick, Tom Braidwood, Bruce Harwood, Dean Haglund and Annabeth Gish would keep Nicholas and Adam in good company on the back I am sure!

Here is hoping next year could be x files reunion part 2 with some of the above mentioned!

I'm still in shock we will all be meeting Gillian in a few weeks :-D

• Like 1

Totally agree with you :)

Thing is, people like Marshall Bell, Shawnee Smith and Veronica Cartwright could have gone on it, but the boxset itself isn't that big to have tons of names on it. Of course if Tom Braidwood, Bruce Harwood and Dean Haglund did a con then that would work as they've been consistent through nearly the whole run of the show. Robert Patrick definitely and Annabeth as well.

I really hope that next year thishappens again (Thing is a lot of people know what David is like for "NOT" charging Fans but then again on February the 19th of this year I knew that Gillian Anderson felt about signing X-Files...

Still can't get over this either, when she was announced I totally freaked and am still there four months on and my enthusiasm hasnt waned. :)