latest guest announcement - GILLIAN ANDERSON

Thanks so much SM! This is so epic!

She is technically one of the most important people in my life, without being too OTT :poki:

The X Files WAS my youth.

And she's still being awesome in loads of stuff.

I met her last weekend, she is so nice.

I CAN'T WAIT! :YAHOO:

But oh my God, oh my God! Gillian this is beyond epic to get Gillian Anderson on X-Files is something I never thought would ever happen :)
Yes, your previous posts did hint at that. You...Scully :D

Not so much a Scully more a Mulder but Scully did become a Believer :(

Still in massive Fanboy mode.

has any body eles managed to get on the main website yet
The LFCC is not accessible currently. It may be in the process of being updated.

Currently watching The X-Files from the very beginning :D
Just dug out series 1 to watch again.

Thanks will look in the morning so i can buy a couple of tickets

Now that I'm (somewhat) more composed than my first post on this thread I have a few questions.

First of is there going to be a limit to what we can get signed?

I'm already going to get her on my X-Files DVD Boxset thats a definite.

But oh my God, oh my God! Gillian this is beyond epic to get Gillian Anderson on X-Files is something I never thought would ever happen :)

You mean a limited amount? If a guest is on the Virtual Queue system (and you can bet Gillian will be) it's 5 items per person.

Yep, I can see that she will be the most busiest Guest :)

5 items, in that case got to lower the amount of VHS boxsets I want signed lol.

If you can get back into the queue, you can get five more, and five more, and five more ....

Thats quite a big IF (you can keep your head when all about - sorry had to add that bit of Kipling) but I wouldnt mind doing it... Of course it would either mean me doing street corners to fork out (which seeing the last time I did that everyone wanted their money back) or sweet talk my Bank manager.

But seriously, because its Gillian this has to be done :)

What I want to know is, okay she's signing X-Files stuff, but will she sign the cover of FHM from 1995 or 1996 whenever it was?... The issue was the biggest selling issue of FHM at the time and it sold out within days of hitting the newsstands.

dec 96 or 97? yer Ive got that still somewhere buried, I liked that issue ;-) i dont see why not, its don't read, mods please delete/PB mags that become issues really I think, FHM should be fine and if I remember its a black and white cover isnt it? and none of it was nude or topless.

but yer, ask the crew on the day in her line perhaps

What I want to know is, okay she's signing X-Files stuff, but will she sign the cover of FHM from 1995 or 1996 whenever it was?... The issue was the biggest selling issue of FHM at the time and it sold out within days of hitting the newsstands.

That'll be down to her discretion. It's very rare that we ever have a list of stuff that won't be signed (I think Bruce Campbell did?) so I doubt you'll know until the event itself.

what wouldnt he sign? that shocks me tbh, that he would be fussy with his fans

I can't quite place that copy of literature, although I do remember Artistically done pictures of Gillian in a black latex dress but that was around 1998/9 time.

Anyways, it will be strictly X-Files for me- my FHM days are over. In fact what is FHM- Case closed.

has any body eles managed to get on the main website yet
The LFCC is not accessible currently. It may be in the process of being updated.

Currently watching The X-Files from the very beginning :D
Just dug out series 1 to watch again.

Thanks will look in the morning so i can buy a couple of tickets

The online store is on a separate website, http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2_Sho...2LFCC%202012%22

Well done showmasters thank you so much I've always wanted to met her but was always sad to know that if I did I would never get anything X Files signed and now you have her and she is going to sign xfiles thank you soooooooooooooooooo much.

X Files was the first scifi programme I got into and it's always been very close to my heart.

dec 96 or 97? yer Ive got that still somewhere buried, I liked that issue ;-) i dont see why not, its don't read, mods please delete/PB mags that become issues really I think, FHM should be fine and if I remember its a black and white cover isnt it? and none of it was nude or topless.

but yer, ask the crew on the day in her line perhaps

That'll be down to her discretion. It's very rare that we ever have a list of stuff that won't be signed (I think Bruce Campbell did?) so I doubt you'll know until the event itself.

what wouldnt he sign? that shocks me tbh, that he would be fussy with his fans

I would love to get her to sign the FHM but am a little worried she will find it a bit weird for a girl to ask her as she's in underwear in it. I love the pictures and of course she looks mega hot in it.

Where do you pay for the tickets as the main web is down

You get the tickets in the store as usual.

http://www.btowstore.com/epages/Store2_Sho...2LFCC%202012%22

thats what I thought, so what didnt he want to sign then?

Bruce didn't sign some comics if memory serves me correctly. I'm thinking they were not authorized by him or something like that.

I would love to get her to sign the FHM but am a little worried she will find it a bit weird for a girl to ask her as she's in underwear in it. I love the pictures and of course she looks mega hot in it.

I had Charisma Carpenter sign a couple of these shots. Granted it was for a friend of mine, but she didn't bat an eyelid at a girl coming up with them.

I think it's fair to give people ALL the applicable info, not just that which you personally think will apply on the day. One per person, fair enough, but SM have been very happy for people to re-queue if there is time. Even David Tennant went to open queue, and nobody said "keep your money, you've got your five autographs".

Countless "big" guests have gone to open queue, despite expectations. Would you rather have people in August saying "I wish I'd known I could queue again" ?

You may have realized that the forum was kind of unstable last night, and I was trying to concentrate on answering the actual questions to at least get something in. The question was about a limit, and that is 5 if the system is in place. I said "if the guest is on the VQ system" it's 5 items. Did I say anything about not being able to queue again once it's not? I apologize if it came over differently, but I was thinking the words "open queue" are pretty self explanatory and I remember KingRichard has been to a show before.

Yes, I do think this is very risky to wait for an open queue and if you are looking for a certain number of items to get signed I would not bank on that. Maybe I had too many "do you think this will work out" questions and hence am putting my expectations in.

Also like I posted, re-queueing is technically not allowed. I'm not going to recommend a method that's not officially allowed just because some people have been getting through with it in the past. As you say, if I did there'd be people saying "but we got told on the forum it is okay!"