Hotel difficulties - help?

MissPattinson007

Hi there

I hoped ME would be able to help me and some of the other convention customers.

Ive had so much difficulty with the hotel today to try and book the room i want for ET8.

This morning I was still at the hotel and tryed to book an exec room with the hotel code they said it was fine and it went through etc, but then I head a lady behind the desk say to the lady serving me to not sell anymore?

Then when I go home I phoned them to double check my reservation had gone through because I hadnt recieved an email to be told that I had a completley different room and that it would be £259 a night if I wanted an exec room wheras the other lady said it would be around £136-£140 as usual per night originally.

I phoned reservations they said they didnt have anymore exec rooms to sell, when they did because other people managed to purhcase them.....Basically I spent over 3hours now on the phone trying to get the room I want at the right rate, have got there now eventually but still waiting for a manager to get back to me because I have complained.

I just feel as if the hotel were unhelpful today even though all weekend i couldnt faulter them. They are charging people all sorts of different prices for the same room and its really unfair. It seems as if they dont want us to have these rooms for some reason and the staff are being very difficult on the phone.

Wondered whether you could help please?

Sarah.Taylor

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think someone said the system was having problems earlier...

Wouldnt surprise me if by now they had sold out. People book rooms even if they not buying a ticket yet, also will cancel it last minute and not even go to the con...

The surrounding hotels will book up quick so worth looking now

#justsaying

I can't book a normal (twin) room at the con rate. There are still rooms availalbe tho, because I can book a room at full rate. What's up with that?

EDIT: just booked a normal twin room at con rate :D! The website is really playing up tho...

I wanted to book a room for Thursday as well, but apperantly there are no (twin) rooms available (not even at full rate). So not sure what I'm gonna do now.

About the executive thing, I heard you won't be able to book an exec room at con rate anymore due to the problems they had with con goers disturbing the peace and quiet in the exec lounge, taking excessive advantage of the 'free' drinks and stuff like that. You can book an executive room, but only at full rate. At least that is what I have been told. I know people have booked an exec room for the next con, but at full rate. I would have liked an exec room tho, but I'm guessing this won't be an option this time...

Edited by tweety_be

I was also told that I wasn`t allowed to book a room for the con when I was checking out.

They said I had to go home and ring reservations!! They REALLY do not like us at that hotel and they should be bloody happy that we bring so much money their way! :D

I was told the reason you can't book through the hotel is cause they don't have the reservations bit on their computer system. You have to ring the actual number to get through to reservations or do it on the computer

I was also told that I wasn`t allowed to book a room for the con when I was checking out.

They said I had to go home and ring reservations!! They REALLY do not like us at that hotel and they should be bloody happy that we bring so much money their way! :huh:

I was told the reason you can't book through the hotel is cause they don't have the reservations bit on their computer system. You have to ring the actual number to get through to reservations or do it on the computer

But that can`t be right because they CAN book rooms for people when they want to? :D xox

• 2 weeks later...
  • Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the issues with booking the hotel! :-(

I have spoken to them this morning and all room types on all days should now be available to book again! ;)

However, room bookings are very high for the event so please do get in there and book as soon as you can as I know there is going to come a point where the rooms are simply sold out! Obviously being the last ET demand is high!

I'll keep an eye on this thread so if anyone has any more problems please post on here and I'll try and get them sorted as soon as I can.

Take care,

Mark ;)

Hi everyone,

Sorry about the issues with booking the hotel! :-(

I have spoken to them this morning and all room types on all days should now be available to book again! ;)

However, room bookings are very high for the event so please do get in there and book as soon as you can as I know there is going to come a point where the rooms are simply sold out! Obviously being the last ET demand is high!

I'll keep an eye on this thread so if anyone has any more problems please post on here and I'll try and get them sorted as soon as I can.

Take care,

Mark :WINCE:

i managed to get a room two weeks ago through calling resevations but they said there was only twin delux rooms left at the con rate so i had to book that room, although its abit of a pain as i coming with my partner would have been nice to had a double room.

i did call and see if i could change my room but the lady on the phone wasnt very helpful and was american so i couldnt understand her very well anyway!!!

she thought i wanted to cancel my room so i quickly reasured her i wanted to keep my twin room just incase i lost my room full stop as she only had in her head about canceling my room raither then helping me with my reservation lol. do you know if the hotel and put the beds together or if they could change our room on the day as im to scared to call as they dont seem to understand my english to well.

Have you tried booking a double through the ET8 website and using the code - you could then just cancel the twin room ;)

Yeah when i tryed and entered the code it said nothing was available then over then a twin. think im might try again thank you.