Just a thought.

EeeGee

The fact that people made comments on here that were subsequently deleted just because they were deemed even slightly negative, makes me SO angry.

I'm pretty sure we are allowed to say anything we like on a "forum" as long as it doesn't contravene the forum rules (which aren't easily available for viewing anywhere - so I can only assume that they say "If Showmasters/Massive Events don't like what you have to say, they will delete it")

Why should we not complain about the fact that we have paid anywhere up to £225 for a ticket to see four guests, (not to mention hotel and spending money on top of that) and that a LOT of us were lulled into paying these amounts because we were told how, from this convention onwards, they would be Official conventions. Something else that hasn't come to pass.

Just to note: We are FULLY aware that none of the cancellations are the guests' fault and we are happy for them that their careers are moving forward, and we would never blame them.

But there are several other guests that expressed an interest in coming to the convention as well, that could have been replacements in these circumstances. Instead we're left paying whopping amounts for the emptiest schedule yet - not even any authors to fill the time.

And because we can't get refunds - oh yes, you've got us over a barrel there haven't you, well done - we all HAVE to come no matter how much we paid, otherwise we're out a load of money.

So yes, I'll be there, over £500 poorer and I'm sure I'll enjoy seeing my friends - something which I could have done for a fraction of the price - but the organisation of this has been really dreadful and I will not be coming to another Eternal Twilight convention or recommending them to anyone else.

And yes, I'm aware that this post will also be deleted, but you know what? I took a screenshot of it first, so people WILL get to see it.

The forum rules and guidelines are easy to find. They are a pinned topic in the General Chat section, http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=44730.

Not all negative posts are removed. Very few in fact, as proven by their contineed presence.

Regarding refunds, that is a standard condition with any organiser. Without that in place then the organiser would be refunding people purely because they don't like the guest line-up, and having to cover the costs themselves which is business suicide. Pretty soon the organiser would be bankrupt. End of events. It is a simple as that.

As for replacement guests, unfortunately it is never as simple as a guest appearing to be available :(

• Moderators

I know people like to think it's all 'freedom of speech' online etc, but it's not really. In the end, yes ME/SM can remove whatever the hell they want from their own forum. It's a harsh way of putting it but completely realistic.

There are email addresses, phone numbers, talking to the organiser directly at the event etc. Plenty of other ways to get your feedback across too. Sometimes it can just get out of hand on here.

But yes, regarding guests 'wanting' to come - that's nice, but until everyone's completely aware of contracts, prices etc, it's not like they're just offering to come and be chummy for a laugh. It's always a business negotiation..

The forum rules and guidelines are easy to find. They are a pinned topic in the General Chat section, http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=44730.

Not all negative posts are removed. Very few in fact, as proven by their contineed presence.

Regarding refunds, that is a standard condition with any organiser. Without that in place then the organiser would be refunding people purely because they don't like the guest line-up, and having to cover the costs themselves which is business suicide. Pretty soon the organiser would be bankrupt. End of events. It is a simple as that.

As for replacement guests, unfortunately it is never as simple as a guest appearing to be available :(

They're not easy to find if you don't frequent the General Chat forum, as I don't. Maybe they could be pinned to all major boards?

And why did ANY negative comments have to be removed?

As for business suicide - talk about over-dramatising. (If they keep organising events as poorly as this though, it might happen anyway.)

And I didn't say that people wanted their money back because they didn't like the guest line-up. That makes us all sound like fickle little children when actually most of us are in our 20s and 30s.

When we booked this, we expected a certain standard of service and entertainment (a reasonable number of guests, perhaps authors) from the event (similar to the standard from previous ETs) and we're not getting it. I know this isn't necessarily anyone's fault BUT we have been kept in the dark literally until days before the weekend itself and that isn't the way to organise an event.

Like I said, we're not children. There are more important things to worry about than guest-line up.

So, as per your forum guidelines, with respect, I am very much disappointed with the entire thing. Aside from the guest line up, which I am looking forward to, I think it could have been done much better.

Not up to your usual standards, Massive Events. Not at all.

They're not easy to find if you don't frequent the General Chat forum, as I don't. Maybe they could be pinned to all major boards?
Quite possibley. I will enquire.

And why did ANY negative comments have to be removed?
We (the mods) try very hard not to remove commnets but on occasions it is necessary. If you disagree with a removal of one of your posts then feel free to e-mail SM directly to discuss it.

As for business suicide - talk about over-dramatising.
Basic finances. No organiser has unlimited funds to account for 'x' amount of refunds each event.

And I didn't say that people wanted their money back because they didn't like the guest line-up.
Correct, you didn't. I was generalising as that is the usual reason given when a refund is requested.

I know people like to think it's all 'freedom of speech' online etc, but it's not really. In the end, yes ME/SM can remove whatever the hell they want from their own forum. It's a harsh way of putting it but completely realistic.

I am quite certain my original post said exactly that.

And as for your business negotiations, I am not so naive to think that you don't have to pay them. BUT when we say "Oh by the way, such-and-such has said they're interested in coming" I don't actually believe for one minute (and in some cases I know for a FACT) that they've even been approached to OPEN negotiations.

• Moderators

And as for your business negotiations, I am not so naive to think that you don't have to pay them. BUT when we say "Oh by the way, such-and-such has said they're interested in coming" I don't actually believe for one minute (and in some cases I know for a FACT) that they've even been approached to OPEN negotiations.

I'm not sure what you consider 'fact' exactly - is it actors/actresses telling you things? Because it's normally down to agents, and I genuinely can't imagine any agent having open financial discussions with fans. That would be terrible business-wise. No guest or agent wants to look bad to a fanbase by saying "oh actually I just asked them for too much money" etc.

As for whether an actor/actress is approached? Well it's all down to planning. If they have a certain amount of budget and they're holding out for someone else who could potentially come, and this comes down to the wire, then they might miss out on someone else. It's not a perfect science.

I'm not sure what you consider 'fact' exactly - is it actors/actresses telling you things? Because it's normally down to agents, and I genuinely can't imagine any agent having open financial discussions with fans. That would be terrible business-wise. No guest or agent wants to look bad to a fanbase by saying "oh actually I just asked them for too much money" etc.

Well - and this is where I couldn't care less if this gets deleted or not - but I don't care what you can imagine or not. You have NO idea who I am or what contacts I have with agents. And I don't appreciate being talked down to either.

I'm quite tired of you thinking you know it all.

And I'm done.

Edited by EeeGee

Well - and this is where I couldn't care less if this gets deleted or not - but I don't care what you can imagine or not. You have NO idea who I am or what contacts I have with agents. And I don't appreciate being talked down to either.

And I'm done.

Neither of us is intentionally talking down to you, so apologies if it is coming across that way. We are simply replying to your comments, and where possible answering your concerns/queries.

And I'm done.

Neither of us is intentionally talking down to you, so apologies if it is coming across that way. We are simply replying to your comments, and where possible answering your concerns/queries.

I meant to say thank you to you for your post. It was helpful.

Hate to say it, but I have to agree on most of EeeGee's points. Although, I have been to a lot of other of Massive Events conventions, despite me not liking the service. The way everything is handled is sometimes very off hand and loose. It's annoying.

Not been to a Twilight con in so long because I've already seen a lot of the guests. Having repeat guests is going to get wearing eventually because not everyone wants to pay, what actually ends up being, nearly/or a lot of the time, over, £250-£300 just to see people they've met before. The ole excuse of 'hanging out with friends' is a lame excuse. If I can't see my friends outside of the conventions, they're not really that great of friends if they can't be bothered any other time. IMO.

I am interested to see who they get for Bitten 3 though. Bitten 2 was good. :)

Edited by I_am_Fallen13

Normally I would agree with you as I said much the same about Roadhouse a few years ago. There were only four guests and I paid quite a bit for the hotel, etc.

However, those four guests were the best guests I have ever met. The weekend was fabulous so I think if the guests were as brilliant as they were at Roadhouse then four guests will be enough.

Edited by reddragon

I dont understand the fact that you say that the service/Crew at the cons are not good! I'm from Germany and i was At some ET's and i really loved ad enjoyed it there! And i also liked the Service and the organisation from massive Events! I was At a few other cons in germany and the USA and they were all horrible!

And yes, its sad and dissapointed when the guests cancel their coming and we paid all that money just for them but thats the risk and we all know about that when we buy the tix!

So for me i just can say thank you to massive Events for the Great Time At the ET's and i'll defo gonna miss the events, if ET 8 really should be the Last!?

I dont understand the fact that you say that the service/Crew at the cons are not good!

I didn't say that the organisation AT the cons wasn't good. I said that the organisation BEFORE the cons wasn't good.

I have heard more sad news since this Con has ended and despite having a good time this weekend, it still wasn't the best one I've been to by a long chalk.