Article in The Sun

andy.halls

Hi all,

My name is Andy Halls - I'm a journalist at The Sun newspaper in London.

I'll be heading down to ET7 to do some research for an article I'm writing for our paper - and I'm looking for the biggest Twilight fans to be a part of it.

If you think you're the biggest Twilight fan, drop me an email on a.halls@the-sun.co.uk with your reasons why, a bit of information about yourself (name, age, where you're from, etc) and some contact details.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers,

Andy

To be honest if it's for a newspaper and about twilight fans i'd be a little reserved at the way us fans would be portrayed. Anything written by a non twilight fan will be miscontrued. We're normal human beings doing something we enjoy, it's not a spectacle. To be honest the sun can keep my 5 minutes of fame at least i can keep my dignity and anyone who asks me why i'm a twilight fan can get it straight from me in my own words, thanks.

You should get a photo of the awesome costumes (cosplay) :)

:thumbup:

Though I do have to somewhat agree with one of the people above who commented about things being miscontrued. I know of a few cosplayers that were interviewed at another con last year by a paper and the article was put online and basically cosplayers were put across as jobless fetishists. Just because peope partake in something they enjoy doesn't meant you can tar a group with the same brush. I know plenty of people who cosplay at cons who away from conventions work full time in responsible jobs and have kids etc. If the same is done with Twilight fans I hope the newspaper is ready for the wrath of Twilight fans around the world.

Edited by naurarwen_fangorn

Exactly, it's a very vague statement. I'm sorry but I guess we're not all fame hungry enough to be 'mentioned in a newspaper' for so called 'research for an article'.

For the record i have a full time job in a managerial position, three kids, my own house, my own car and these weekends are the only breaks I have and they're freakin amazing! I don't want anyone putting these cons down. :thumbup: