I don't mean to grumble...

tonystarkben

Just this time, it seems it's just aimed just at Star Trek or Harry Potter fans :(

Not wanting to be picky here but there are 2 Star Trek guests and no Harry Potter guests as far as I can see. Yes there are a lot of people from Dr Who shows but a) Dr Who is British and most of the actors are easier to sign up and :D Dr Who is HUGELY popular at the moment.

Besides, as others have said, there is a lot of time yet for Showmasters to secure more guests.

At least this year (so far) there doesn't seem to be any random Star Wars extras that happened to be in the background shot for a few seconds.

And what if there were 'random star wars extras that happened to be in the background shot for a few seconds'?? Some people like to meet these guests!!

People who complain about the caliber of guests just because its not who they personally want to meet are just being selfish and just thinking of themselves. Other people will be happy to meet them!

Well thats fair enough if people want to meet these Star Wars extars, but every time I see these guest sitting at an empty desk. I've see CM:MK with some really good guest over the years which is probably why I've kept coming back, but lately it does seem like the all the focus has moved to LFCC

Just give them time people i'm sure they won't disapoint and if they do its not a big deal there is always LFCC or the Entertainment Media Show, there are too many people on here that complain just be happy with what you have and if your hoping for a certain guest just keep your fingers crossed you never know it may be your lucky day.

I miss the old days of lots of random guests maybe 5 or 6 from the same show / movie.

All I'm saying is 30 guests announced 15 of which are being billed as Dr Who guests, not much variety there.

I do see what you mean I remeber the days when there were different types of guests, but sadley it seems they are only focusing on a certain show that they know will bring in the cash, but we still have a couple of months to go and you never know things may change lets hope so.

• Moderators

I wouldn't say it's 'unfair' - just try looking at it from a logistical and financial perspective, and you'll realise that the number of Doctor Who guests would probably cost the same as one big(ish) fly-over guest. So for a free entry event in Milton Keynes, I think it's a good idea to have all the Who guests together. It's not like we've got all the huge guests anyway, so it makes sense to have a couple of bigger ones and then the guest stars etc when the fans will already be there.

If it were another fandom/genre represented (or 'over' represented) then different people would complain, and some who are moaning here would be over the moon! It's just how it works..

Well i for one am really happy about the MIXTURE of guests esp the Dr Who ones. You cant please everyone all the time,but as others have said theres plenty of time left to add more guests. If youre not happy with the guest line up then wait until another show comes up that meets your specific requirements. I am totally gutted that i cannot make this years LFCC which has a bloody fantastic line up of guests. The one thing that really p***** me off is the waiting outside queing minding my own business then suddenly as if by magic no concept of que man appears. This has happened on more than one occasion and yes it is the same guy so lets see if he weaves his unique skills and talent again this year by appearing as if by magic and totally disregards the line of people who no doubt have qued just a tad longer than him.

As a foot note,forget the silence the Autograph Police are coming...

honestly at the moment there is no one I'm really interest in getting a auto or photo with but I have still booked my hotel for 3 nights and planning to go each day anyway as its a great day out no matter what!

I have found with CM all the bigger guest and the ones that I really want to meet have been announced a lot closer to the time sometimes even just the week before we are still only in march there is loads of time for more announcements so dont worry about it too much left and like people have said if there is someone you want to meet request them or showmaster wont know they are in demand!

I have been coming to the shows for years - these and LFCC are some of the hilights of my year.

Collectormania last time was fantastic, such a good variety of guests.

Just this time, it seems it's just aimed just at Star Trek or Harry Potter fans :D

Fair enough, i know a lot like that but where's the variety for the rest of us?

I was excited to see Norman Reedus announced but he got taken away...

Just think its looking more like a Star Trek con than a Collectormania to me...

Don't want to rustle any feathers, just giving my 2 cents worth... :D

Well Doctor who mania I would call it... 4 doctors!!!

Im goin to LFCC... Well lets say I wish I were goin to this also. Since I dont live in England, its abit harder, I envy thoose who will attend this.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been coming to the shows for years - these and LFCC are some of the hilights of my year.

Collectormania last time was fantastic, such a good variety of guests.

Just this time, it seems it's just aimed just at Star Trek or Harry Potter fans :(

Fair enough, i know a lot like that but where's the variety for the rest of us?

I was excited to see Norman Reedus announced but he got taken away...

Just think its looking more like a Star Trek con than a Collectormania to me...

Don't want to rustle any feathers, just giving my 2 cents worth... :blush:

What kind of guests would you prefer to have?

I would say that the guests are aimed at mostly star trek and Dr Who so far, but we still have a couple of months Im hoping for more star wars guests that have never attended before and maybe some guests we havent yet had like Kevin Conroy etc, just keep your fingers crossed.

Yeh and more horror guests.

Still hoping for rare wars guests

Stil, hoping for some Batman movie guestsand other related batman guests

and why not some tim burton guests for this show

Also disney voice guests but doubt it.

Theres going to be rare Star Wars guests at Empire Day.

Lance Henriksen (announced today) was in Tarzan :P

Im very excited to see thsi I was actuallyhoping for Lnce to come back to the UK one day.

Still hoping for rare wars guests

Stil, hoping for some Batman movie guestsand other related batman guests

and why not some tim burton guests for this show

Sadley cant make the star wars event on that weekend due to a gay wedding. I would send my poster but its not the same meeting the person your self

Theres going to be rare Star Wars guests at Empire Day.

• 3 weeks later...

Well i for one am really happy about the MIXTURE of guests esp the Dr Who ones. You cant please everyone all the time,but as others have said theres plenty of time left to add more guests. If youre not happy with the guest line up then wait until another show comes up that meets your specific requirements. I am totally gutted that i cannot make this years LFCC which has a bloody fantastic line up of guests. The one thing that really p***** me off is the waiting outside queing minding my own business then suddenly as if by magic no concept of que man appears. This has happened on more than one occasion and yes it is the same guy so lets see if he weaves his unique skills and talent again this year by appearing as if by magic and totally disregards the line of people who no doubt have qued just a tad longer than him.

As a foot note,forget the silence the Autograph Police are coming...

Totally agree about no concept of queue man - he's been at every event over the last few years. :no: