Resident's Pass - PARTY AND TALKS CONFIRMED!

showmasters

Oh okay thanks for that. It sounds cool. So in theory, a guest can interact as much or as little as they want? And if they were familiar with people, could talk to them etc. That's really cool. :)

Basically how the parties at these events work isnt that you get specific time with the guests. Those are the drinks receptions and stuff at other events (the weekend ones)

The parties, the guests are literally just hanging out like the rest of you. Having a drink, mayeb a dance, mingling with other guests and attendees.

Only thing SM ask is that you respect their space and privacy, and dont ask for photos or autographs.

But we've had like Kai Owen and the other TW cast singing along and dancing and all that at parties. Some guests have brought their bands over with them and performed too.

It's very informal.

Thanks for this 1of2, I'll check back again to see if theres an update. And thanks for the ID info, I guess I should've read that bit really, oops :dance:
Confirmation from SM - when booking with the hotel you should be charged based on the prices quoted in the first post. It does include the residents pass.

Check into the hotel as normal. The resident pass etc is to be collected from the SM info desk where they will have a list provided by the hotel. The hotel will not have the pass. As per the post from Jason, you will require some form of ID to collect the pass.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion. Sorry about that

Edited by 1of2

Thanks for this 1of2, I'll check back again to see if theres an update. And thanks for the ID info, I guess I should've read that bit really, oops :YAHOO:
Confirmation from SM - when booking with the hotel you should be charged based on the prices quoted in the first post. It does include the residents pass.

Check into the hotel as normal. The resident pass etc is to be collected from the SM info desk where they will have a list provided by the hotel. The hotel will not have the pass. As per the post from Jason, you will require some form of ID to collect the pass.

Hope that helps clear up the confusion. Sorry about that

Ah that's great news, thanks loads for checking this out for me 1of2! I always carry ID anyway so thats no problem!

:D

Was a no brainer anyway for us, it's a bargain for £159 for me and my friend to stay over and get to go to the party etc what with all the other perks, so I'll see ya all there! :YAHOO:

Okay, we just booked our room, but what sort of ID do you need? Cause I sort of never really bothered to get a passport~ Also, are there details on check in/check out times yet? I looked on my confirmation and couldn't see anything, but I might just be being stupid~

Okay, we just booked our room, but what sort of ID do you need? Cause I sort of never really bothered to get a passport~ Also, are there details on check in/check out times yet? I looked on my confirmation and couldn't see anything, but I might just be being stupid~

Do you have any sort of photo ID? Driving licence for example?

I have my student card? That's what I usually use. That's about it though. I never really bothered to get anything official since I don't drink or travel, so I never thought it was necessary~

I have my student card? That's what I usually use. That's about it though. I never really bothered to get anything official since I don't drink or travel, so I never thought it was necessary~

That should be OK. I'm sure someone will come on here and say otherwise if not.

Okay thanks. I was just looking again at my confirmation email and it says check in is 2pm? Do we not check in to get our pass things? Also do we have to carry our stuff around until 2? Or with this being a convention deal will check in and check out times be different so that people can have their rooms for the entire duration of the con and just leave afterwards? Am I even making sense?

You collect the resident pass from the Showmasters information desk which will be inside the venue, usually just inside the main entrance. The hotel will provide them with a list of everyone who has bought one.

The hotel may well have somewhere that you can leave your stuff until you check in. You'll need to ask at reception about that.

The check in and check out times at the hotel are unlikely to change from what they are normally.

You collect the resident pass from the Showmasters information desk which will be inside the venue, usually just inside the main entrance. The hotel will provide them with a list of everyone who has bought one.

The hotel may well have somewhere that you can leave your stuff until you check in. You'll need to ask at reception about that.

The check in and check out times at the hotel are unlikely to change from what they are normally.

Okay thank you. :D I've never booked a hotel before so I got confused~

So can we get to the desk before 9am on the saturday as that is when I am arriving to get in those 5 mins earlier

I should really cut down my signature and people I have met. Why isn't my avatar changing lol

Edited by wereleopard

Yeeah, I realised that after I posted, was just coming back to say so... my apologies, I misunderstood the pricing. I was reading it as per person.

Hi,.

oh great, you are at the con, too. I have book a flight last week for it.

Qapla

athena from Germany

Hello.

I have a problem. I have no creditcard. Can I pay the Autographe and fotoshoot at the con in June, too?

And; I am only one person, who will pay for the party and for one day a room for the con hotel. Can I pay the half price , of 159 pound? When I will stay at the con. I arrive via plain at the 31 th mai at London gatwick. But I will arrive at 18:50 in the eveing. Is there a late train to Milton Keynos, too?

Here is my email adress.

tine20007@yahoo.com

thank you very much for an anthwer

Christine Schultz from Germany, Bochum

• Showmasters Admin

Yes you can buy photo shoots and autographs in cash at the event. Photo shoots "can" sell out but they usually don't.

I'm afraid there is not a single price for the room. It's £159 for the room, single or double occupancy.

As for trains you'll need to look on-line for that trainline.com

One last thing, it's not a great idea to post your email address online as it will get picked up by spammers.

Hey stick with me Wereleopard, I'll be sitting most the time too. lol. When I saw your name I wondered if you've read Amy Lane 'Little Goddess' books?

Could someone in the know possibly give me an idea how quickly SM are replying to emails. I totally understand that they're very busy people and that along with just having The Hub to deal with they also have been sorting StarTrek London.

I emailed on the 13th. I'm waiting for an answer about photoshoots. I've already paid one lot of postage with a more than ten photoshoots but wanna wait for an answer before ordering anymore...but don't wanna get sold out.

Also hoping they'll get back to me about my 9yr old son and possible babysitting issues??

Any idea's how long...rather eager to get stuff sorted.

Edited by starjadzia

[ I arrive via plain at the 31 th mai at London gatwick. But I will arrive at 18:50 in the eveing. Is there a late train to Milton Keynos, too?

Hi there, I had a quick look on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ for you and there are trains running after you land so you won't have a problem. Please note though that there are NO direct trains to Milton Keynes Central from Gatwick Airport. All trains will require one or two changes. I found a good one for you at 19:56 which requires only one change at Clapham Junction and is only £7.50 if you buy it online and in advance. That is SUPER CHEAP :D .

I suggest one of our lovely German mods or regular visitors from Germany may be able to help you further with tips on travelling to the show so you could ask in the Euro section of the forum.

Edited by Big_Pants

Hello.

I have a problem. I have no creditcard. Can I pay the Autographe and fotoshoot at the con in June, too?

And; I am only one person, who will pay for the party and for one day a room for the con hotel. Can I pay the half price , of 159 pound? When I will stay at the con. I arrive via plain at the 31 th mai at London gatwick. But I will arrive at 18:50 in the eveing. Is there a late train to Milton Keynos, too?

I've tried e-mailing you, not sure if it arrived.

You will have to change trains a couple of times like Christa said - normally train into London, then a ride with London Underground and then a train to Milton Keynes. Trains are running well into the night. You can check connections at http://www.nationalrail.co.uk

Does it have to be the train or would you consider taking the bus? I usually fly into Heathrow and use http://www.nationalexpress.com/home.aspx

Just checked my bank account and £39 was deducted from it yesterday. That's plus the £240 that came out on the 12th April so I'm guessing that's how SM are doing things. Great to know now...no more worrying how things are happening in that regard :-)

Oh, where can I find the euro secction of this forum? I never receive your email.

athena

Hi there, I had a quick look on http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/ for you and there are trains running after you land so you won't have a problem. Please note though that there are NO direct trains to Milton Keynes Central from Gatwick Airport. All trains will require one or two changes. I found a good one for you at 19:56 which requires only one change at Clapham Junction and is only £7.50 if you buy it online and in advance. That is SUPER CHEAP :D .

I suggest one of our lovely German mods or regular visitors from Germany may be able to help you further with tips on travelling to the show so you could ask in the Euro section of the forum.

Oh, where can I find the euro secction of this forum? I never receive your email.

athena

Can you try and e-mail me then please? That's easier I think.

Just click on "Queen Sindel" next to my post and this will take you to my profile. There's an e-mail address there.