Resident's Pass - PARTY AND TALKS CONFIRMED!

showmasters

I am soooooooo excited. I can't afford this but when I saw Michael Dorn was going to be at CM18 I was a definite attendee and then when I read about this last night....well....you can imagine the Cheshire Cat grin permanently on my face.

Two questions............(or probably more as I think of them lol)

I'm coming from Jersey with my 9 year old son so this is going to be very expensive. So I will need to buy things gradually over the next few weeks as funds become available. How quickly do you think this is going to sell out? I can't get the full £279 in my bank for at least a couple of weeks and there is no way I want to miss out on this. I'm coming on the thursday so that I don't miss anything on the friday like I did at CM16 and luckily my friend who lives local said that I can stay at hers on the thursday night and the Sunday night...so this has worked out perfectly for me as I was stressing at not being able to book the Doubletree.

Secondly....as I mentioned...the 9yr old. I will obviously be taking around the stadium throughout the 3 days events but what happens in the evening? Will he be allowed into the party or will there be alcohol meaning an 18 restriction? I would love my friend to babysit on the saturday but don't know if she can. If I remember rightly the hotel didn't have any babysitting facilities (but I haven't brought him before so might have just not noticed).

Will the tickets have to be named? Wondering if maybe a family are coming but one parent will babysit and I can share ticket with the other parent???

Any ideas???

Will the tickets have to be named? Wondering if maybe a family are coming but one parent will babysit and I can share ticket with the other parent???

Gold Passes are personalised and can only be used by the person whose name is on the ticket. I am pretty sure it will be the same for this new Pass.

But as the offer is for two people... if you find someone to share costs with I don't see an issue. However, I can't see it being allowed that the ticket holders are switching. So if you get a ticket with someone else you couldn't swap with let's say the family's husband (taken from your example).

SM

What is going to happen to any rooms that are not sold under this deal?

Will they be released to those on the waiting list to get rooms?

Also what will happen to talk tickets or party tickets?

Will these be sold as separate items?

It would be great to attend the talks and the party - but we are unsure about the price of the hotel rooms with the talks/party and autographs as added bonuses.

:(

Gold Passes are personalised and can only be used by the person whose name is on the ticket. I am pretty sure it will be the same for this new Pass.

But as the offer is for two people... if you find someone to share costs with I don't see an issue. However, I can't see it being allowed that the ticket holders are switching. So if you get a ticket with someone else you couldn't swap with let's say the family's husband (taken from your example).

Thanks for replying Queen Sindel. I thought the passes would be personalised which is only too right otherwise people could do a dodgy switch. I didn't actually mean to switch with both parents. What I meant was if a family were coming and say the mum didn't want to go to the party, then the husband could have my other ticket in return for his wife babysitting for my son as well as her brood. Would work great for a local family as then they wouldn't have to pay for the hotel which they wouldn't need. I just need a babysitter if my son isn't allowed to come to the party. But obviously I'd need to have it all arranged before the event so that I know who to name on the other party pass.

So.........if anyone wants to go to the party for free in exchange of their partner babysitting then please let me know. I'd need to know how trustworthy / safe the babysitter is but don't know how we'd go about that. Maybe someone who's had a recent police check for volunteering at school or something? Idea's??

Also what will happen to talk tickets or party tickets?

Will these be sold as separate items?

Party tickets will not be sold separately according to Jason's posts.

There is special talks that you will only get with the Resident's Pass. But unless I am reading things wrong there will be other talks that everyone can attend as well.

Just checked my reservation at the Doubletree and it is costing me £115 for 2 nights for a double room so you can work it out how much more it costing for the 2 parties and that is without a drink would cost me well over £200 more to go to them.

I'm glad you can go to Talia! First time I'm attending and wanna catch up with everyone!

This residence pass is a great thing I think, might be a bit more than staying elsewhere but it saves on the hassle (minds last year when I missed the crew bus and got lost!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I've just used the code to book my hotel stay and the registration clerk accepted the code, but said it was for Bed & Breakfast and when I asked about it being the Residents Pass I was told.. the code is for Collectormania milton keynes bed and breakfast two nights.

Can I just confirm that I will be getting the residents pass please?

Thanks

Carole Parker

Hi. I've just used the code to book my hotel stay and the registration clerk accepted the code, but said it was for Bed & Breakfast and when I asked about it being the Residents Pass I was told.. the code is for Collectormania milton keynes bed and breakfast two nights.

Can I just confirm that I will be getting the residents pass please?

Thanks

Carole Parker

You've only paid for the hotel - I suspect the remaining £39 will need to be paid to straight to Showmasters, on production of proof of booking the hotel. Help, please, mods/SM, as I'm in the middle of my own booking!

You've only paid for the hotel - I suspect the remaining £39 will need to be paid to straight to Showmasters, on production of proof of booking the hotel. Help, please, mods/SM, as I'm in the middle of my own booking!

I've asked the office to come back and explain the exact procedure. Sorry, unless TooTall has more info the mods can't help with that.

I've asked the office to come back and explain the exact procedure. Sorry, unless TooTall has more info the mods can't help with that.

And I specifically asked for the residents pass as well... this is stupid! The code is for the resident's pass, I asked the woman on the phone to give me the residents pass and she knew nothing about it.. I think I need to know what's going on as it's a hell of a lot of money to have parted with if I'm now not going to get what I paid/requested the hotel for.

It does sound like a possible misunderstanding at the hotel. Sometimes the staff booking in isn't aware of all details. That sometimes happens with the Park Inn for the Massive Events shows too.

I did my own B&B booking online, and that only came to £240. The other £39 of the cost won't be on the hotel, straight from us, I don't think.

Edited by laurab1

• Showmasters Admin

Hello!

Dont worry, the hotel is only a small part of what the Residents pass includes.

We will have all the info of the people booking rooms at the Double Tree on the Residents pass code. On the day of the event you will need to bring some form of ID with you which will be checked off against our info and we will give you everything your pass includes.

But make sure you come to us at the info desk, the hotel wont have your passes, just your lovely comfy beds and a yummy breakfast!

:YAHOO::clap:

• Like 1

SM

Please excuse me if I have got the wrong end of the stick with this. :D

Could you please clarify do we pay the whole cost to the hotel or do we just pay for the room and breakfast. If the latter then do we need to pay you extra for the passes?

Also if we have to go to the information desk to get the passes etc? How do we get in 5 mins early?

Please clarify

SM

Could you please clarify do we pay the whole cost to the hotel or do we just pay for the room and breakfast. If the latter then do we need to pay you extra for the passes?

That will hopefully be clarified when Gemma got hold of someone at the hotel.

Also if we have to go to the information desk to get the passes etc? How do we get in 5 mins early?

Jason said they'll have a list. Again please wait for confirmation, but I would expect that there's a dedicated entrace for Resident Pass holders. Crew at the entrance will have a copy of that list and will check off that you are entitled to go in early.

SM

Please clarify

I suspect there will be an extra info desk in the hotel. I just tried the booking again, and it is still the cost of B&B only. Sorry to keep spamming this thread! It's my first time at this particular con :D

Edited by laurab1

Thanks Laurab1

This is only causing confusion as it is the first time they have offered this.

This is a great event with some great Star Trek guests this year. :D

You will have a great time, i hope you enjoy the weekend.

Thanks Laurab1

This is only causing confusion as it is the first time they have offered this.

This is a great event with some great Star Trek guests this year. :D

You will have a great time, i hope you enjoy the weekend.

I've done LFCC, Collectormania London/EMS and the ME weekend cons for the last 3 years. It's Nichelle Nicholls that's the draw for me for this one. Uhura!