Resident's Pass - PARTY AND TALKS CONFIRMED!

showmasters

If the pass allows you in five minutes early, where does a gold pass fit in this? Can we get in early as well?

Not sure what to go for.

If I recall correctly Gold Pass holders are normally let in slightly before non-Gold pass holders.

As the Gold Pass removes the need for a VT anyway (which is the reason that the Resident Pass holders will benefit from the earlier entry) this reason shouldn't really be the deciding factor on which pass to purchase.

Cheers find it difficult to read the post properly with my dyslexia
No problem. There is a lot of information in that announcement post.

Now I know why the Double Tree has no rooms available for the weekend, I have stayed there for the last 2 years but not this time. A bit shocked at the price of these tickets the most I ever paid for 1 night is £60 so paying nigh on £100 extra on top for access to an exclusive guest etc is a bit too steep as I will be coming alone this year so I will stay at a cheaper hotel and maybe buy an 'party ticket' if they are available

I second a Party Only ticket if it's possible. I'm already booked into the Doubletree and I'm not really interested in the other stuff

I third it, I live a 15 minute drive from the event, so have no need for a hotel whatsoever, but would be very interested in the party only ticket.

Not for me, but will the 'excusive guest' be announced before the event for people to decide on if to buy a pass? Or will it be a surprise until they get there?

Cant help but feel penalised though yet again for booking a hotel not through SM, even though I AM in the DT for the weekend!

Edited by crippsy_99

• Showmasters Admin

you will be fine crippsy_99 do not worry the event is going ahead :wub:

as to party tickets we only have a limited amount of space so sorry guys we will have to see were we are near the time , we are not taking anything away from anyone we are just trying something new ready for when the hotel gets its extra rooms next year .

chris mk its not a kick in the teeth mate its just what it is.

for the people that commit to buying a Resident's Pass they are helping the show and in return the show gives them something in return , we cannot offer 100s of party tickets out as there is not the space so this its how it works , the talks ,the parties , the hotel and guests cost us money and the best way to cover this is to offer a special package to cove it all and provide something special for the people that book .

i have said that in the next few months we will look at the numbers planning to attend and the space that the hotel has and we shall see if we can sell some Party tickets but we cannot say for sure that there will be any

next year we will have more space and then we will be able to sell party tickets, and that is why we are starting to put on these activities , and by using the hotel in this manner we get to use the rooms for talks over the day so we can also provide the fans with something extra .

and the end of the day this event is still a free event and we plan to keep it this way and the parking is also free saving people lots of money so i think at the end of the day its an amazing event that if you want to you can come along for free and have a great day out and buy nothing , not something you can do much these days .

jason

Oh I hope this will open the doorway for the bringing back of the CM parties in the future. I have some of the best memories from the parties but sadly I can't justify £280 for the hotel for me and my boyfriend and the hotel we have at the moment is looking like its only going to be £65 for two nights and possibly going on sale tomorrow.

Oh I hope this will open the doorway for the bringing back of the CM parties in the future. I have some of the best memories from the parties but sadly I can't justify £280 for the hotel for me and my boyfriend and the hotel we have at the moment is looking like its only going to be £65 for two nights and possibly going on sale tomorrow.

I guess this announcement answers the question of why there were no hotel rooms available to book.

I seem to be on the other side to most people, i would have stayed at the hotel for a night, as i did last year, and paid £55, but i have no particular interest in the party, and wont be paying an extra £100 for the room

This caused many a WOHH!!!! in our house last night. :D

It explained why we couldn't get the doubletree and had to book another hotel.

The debate continues as to what to do, the doubletree is winning at present but some figure work is needed to work out comparative costs.

We do need to stay on Thursday night as well, so can we extend this offer until that night or do we have to book separately or stay at the other hotel for that night?

:poki:

chris mk its not a kick in the teeth mate its just what it is.

for the people that commit to buying a Resident's Pass they are helping the show

It's not a kick in the teeth, but I can see where he is coming from

It its like any offer where you can support a product and preorder (and part finance) or wait nearer the time for a better deal. Your party doesn't reward the loyal locals, or anyone staying elsewhere.

Some of us like to spend as little as possible on transport and hotels - it gives us more to spend at the actual event. But if you'd rather people spend more on those, there's less to spend on autographs.

Having more cash to spend on the day still helps the show, surely?

It's effectively like having two events on the one weekend. It's a real shame that it will mean a lot of attendees will miss out on this. Plus with MK being what it is, we won't get any talks over the weekend due to the stadium.

From Jason's last post:

next year we will have more space and then we will be able to sell party tickets, and that is why we are starting to put on these activities , and by using the hotel in this manner we get to use the rooms for talks over the day so we can also provide the fans with something extra .

Unless I am reading this wrong there will be talks besides the exclusive ones for the Resident Pass holders, in the hotel. The first post in this topic also says "many more talks to come".

It's effectively like having two events on the one weekend. It's a real shame that it will mean a lot of attendees will miss out on this. Plus with MK being what it is, we won't get any talks over the weekend due to the stadium.

From Jason's last post:

Unless I am reading this wrong there will be talks besides the exclusive ones for the Resident Pass holders, in the hotel. The first post in this topic also says "many more talks to come".

Apologies, i did a Google search of the hotel earlier and it gave me a different location and i thought it wasn't on site! :D Glad to see talks at MK then! :)

There were rooms if you booked early enough, friends and I usually stay at the Travelodge, but they wanted £150 on a fully refundable rate for the Saturday night of MK only !

We managed to get booked and confirmed at the stadium hotel for 3 nights for only a fraction more than the above.

So it must have been only recently that SM possibly block booked whatever rooms were left.

There were rooms if you booked early enough, friends and I usually stay at the Travelodge, but they wanted £150 on a fully refundable rate for the Saturday night of MK only !

We managed to get booked and confirmed at the stadium hotel for 3 nights for only a fraction more than the above.

So it must have been only recently that SM possibly block booked whatever rooms were left.

Showmasters have had these rooms tied up for a long time i think. Jason says in his own post that only 6 rooms were booked before their deal went through, but i've been trying to get a room there for months without luck

The more I think about it the more I think it's unfair that these rooms have been kept away from normal attendees as before the rate was pretty decent and the stadium is fairly remote.

Why tie the rooms up in this pass? Why not have a pass just for all the party/guest/talk extras? Surely that would be more effective

As good as this sounds, I really am not bothered.

Booked the travelodge in the city centre when they were on a special offer (£14 an evening)

Parties are really not my thing (Have they even thought about the children? These parties usually don't allow kids under 18 into them as there is alcohol involved...)

If Showmasters had announced the 2 extra guests at the same time as posting this, then maybe people who aren't sure about paying for it would then consider it if the guest was "big" enough! The problem is, we are paying money for the autographs in the stadium, then comes the food and possibly the travel...

Which brings me to another point, people who have not booked their hotels yet, and thought they would go for the Doubletree will be outraged when they find Showmasters are over-charging for the rooms and that they have to find a hotel that is possibly a long distance from the venue, and if they don't plan to take a car, they then have to pay an extortionate amount to travel from the hotel to the venue and back again... So they have no choice but to pay a limb to go to a "free entry" convention...

It's all well doing this, but I hardly think that this was a good idea...:headscratch:

There are a LOT of hotels within walking distance of the station where the free buses go from, so I don't think that's a big issue to be honest.

There are quite a few people that would prefer DoubleTree for various convenience reasons such as multiple cosplay changes and wanting to go back every so often to rest. Every idea has positives and negatives, even more so when something originally available at past events has now been removed. It just seems to have disadvantaged more people than it has advantaged. Time will tell I guess...