Anyone collecting all the Disney Classics on DVD or BR

zebredy

Since 2009 ( I think) Disney has started re-releasing all the Disney Classics (a few a year) on DVD and for the first time BR (blu-ray) as well, all numbered with there being 50-52 to collect all together.

Only about 17 Dinsey (not Pixar) films have been re-released so far (this includes a few of the newer movies done in the last couple years like 'Tangled' and 'The Princess and the Frog')

As well as the main numbered classics, they are re-releasing all the sequels most DTV (direct to video release), like Bambi 2, and the second and third Lion King (known to some as cheapquals not worth owning)

I've been collecting them all and fortunately started collecting at the beginning of last year just before Pinocchio went back into the vault not to be seen again for another 5-7 years. This means apart from 1 film I have all of them released on BR so far.

A lot I have paid for but due to Disney Movie Rewards I have claimed a few films for free (this is a service for those that don't know where by if you buy certain Disney movies after a certain date they come with a code in the BR/DVD case that you enter at this site Disney Movie Rewards to save up and put towards claiming free BR/DVDs (a DVD gives you 100 points and a BR gives you 150 points. You need around 700-850 to claim a free BR movie)

Back on topic, just wondering if anyone else here has been collecting them all for whatever reason (be it there love of Disney or they have kids etc)

:hathor:

LLAP :D

Edited by zebredy

• Moderators

I've collected a fair few, mostly to replace the VHS copies I had as a kid, since, while I do technically own a VCR, it lives 400 miles away from me. Got the majority of the ones they've released, I think.

• 3 months later...

Since 2009 ( I think) Disney has started re-releasing all the Disney Classics (a few a year) on DVD and for the first time BR (blu-ray) as well, all numbered with there being 50-52 to collect all together.

Only about 17 Dinsey (not Pixar) films have been re-released so far (this includes a few of the newer movies done in the last couple years like 'Tangled' and 'The Princess and the Frog')

As well as the main numbered classics, they are re-releasing all the sequels most DTV (direct to video release), like Bambi 2, and the second and third Lion King (known to some as cheapquals not worth owning)

I've been collecting them all and fortunately started collecting at the beginning of last year just before Pinocchio went back into the vault not to be seen again for another 5-7 years. This means apart from 1 film I have all of them released on BR so far.

A lot I have paid for but due to Disney Movie Rewards I have claimed a few films for free (this is a service for those that don't know where by if you buy certain Disney movies after a certain date they come with a code in the BR/DVD case that you enter at this site Disney Movie Rewards to save up and put towards claiming free BR/DVDs (a DVD gives you 100 points and a BR gives you 150 points. You need around 700-850 to claim a free BR movie)

Back on topic, just wondering if anyone else here has been collecting them all for whatever reason (be it there love of Disney or they have kids etc)

:hathor:

LLAP :borg:

I've just started helping my little sister collect these. Randomly saw some in HMV in Milton Keynes on the way back from Collectormania 18 and she'd only said the other day she wanted to get them all. So far we've got hold of Aristocats, Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Lilo & Stitch, Bolt, Lady and the Tramp, Pocahontas and Fox and the Hound.

Really gutted about Pinochio because its a bugger to get hold of on eBay, as is Snow White!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...