Root Beer

Count Fooku

They keep talking about the stuff in DS9 but I want to know what it is/tastes like.

After Garak and Quarks description of "Its Vile, its so clawy and happy and bubbly" its really piqued my interest!

Is it like coke or Dr Pepper or something? I need to Know its annoying me a lot!!

I can get it, depends on how much you wish to pay though. You would be looking at approx £1 per can.

On a historical note, root beer used to be called sassparilla. The name root beer comes from the ingredients, the root of a sassparilla plant.

I personally think it tastes vile

In my opinion it can be most described as the next best thing to Doctor Pepper. When I was younger where I used to live it was one of the main drinks we could get hold of as kids. Then when we moved and we couldn't get hold of it I tried D Pepper and I didn't think it was to far of the taste.

Almost as close as coke and pepsi

One of my mates girlfriends is American and he was meant to ask her to bring some over with her but the verdamnt fool forgot though she has bought some root beer sweets with her so hopefully it will give me some idea.

This is getting worse than my sea monkey obsession

They keep talking about the stuff in DS9 but I want to know what it is/tastes like.

After Garak and Quarks description of "Its Vile, its so clawy and happy and bubbly" its really piqued my interest!

Is it like coke or Dr Pepper or something? I need to Know its annoying me a lot!!

root beer is nasty thats what it is ( there is only one kind of beer worth drinking and thats proper beer that you get form pubs that are affiated with CAMA) :spidy:

No way root beer is far better then proper beer. (Not really, but you see I don't drink proper beer from the pub I really don't like the taste.)

Used to love root beer when I was younger ok don't like it as much now, well the last time I tried it was a while ago, but I would still drink it cause I think I would still like it.

Oh I would definately drink it over proper beer from the pub any day. Oh yes and I would also drink it over doctor peper. :borg:

No way root beer is far better then proper beer. (Not really, but you see I don't drink proper beer from the pub I really don't like the taste.)

Used to love root beer when I was younger ok don't like it as much now, well the last time I tried it was a while ago, but I would still drink it cause I think I would still like it.

Oh I would definately drink it over proper beer from the pub any day. Oh yes and I would also drink it over doctor peper. :rolleyes:

and i be i know anothere dr you would like to drink it over ;);););)

:borg:

What!! Ur not refering to Dr Juian Bashir/Alexander Siddig are. You know a bottle of root beer would definately fit in my bag/pocket better. Ok it wouldn't be as good looking but then (u/me u could be my bashir...joke) Only joking we are just friends and I can't see us being much more yet but this is thread is supposed to be about a drink not a block or us. :P

On the subject of root beer I have now tried some of the stuff and am happy to report it is without a doubt the worse thing I have ever tasted in my life.

All I can say is it tastes like antiseptic and left me feeling cheap nasty and a shadow of my former self.

In the words of that bloke in the wheel chair from Little Britain "I don't like it"

OMG, i have just seen this thread.........

My b/f loves it and was soooo upset when Macdonalds stopped doing it!!!

I have not been able to find it anywhere else!!

I actually dont like it myself i always thought it tasted like the stuff they give you to rinse out your mouth at the dentist, but he loves it so if anyone does know where i can get some i would really be grateful, thanx :wub:

I truely don't believe anything could taste as bad as root beer but having said that, if I was given the choice I probably wouldnt be in any great hurry to eat gagh!!

Incidentally there is a website www.cybercandy.co.uk which sells sweets and drinks from all over the world. They sell several brands of root beer but they are quite expensive especially whn you add their postage charges. I believe they have a shop in London though round Covent Garden way.