Pub meetup after the event?

Xyliana

Have a question. Has there ever been a pub meet organised after the LFCC closes for the night? Is this allowed to be organised(show masters/forum mods)? I love to help those who do it or put one other if anyone's interested. Would be a great way to chat after the awesomeness. Feedback?

:smile:-->

QUOTE(king b @ Jan 26 2012, 11:43 PM) 1709050[/snapback]

I think some fans had organised some meet ups at past cons themselves, i was thinking of organising a meetup sometime before the con starts, it be nice to meet some peeps from the con.

That sounds like a nice idea King keep me posted and if you need any help let me know. I will wait to hear from the people that organised last years do and see of they like to team up to for saturday after afternoon evening event.

• Showmasters Admin

It has happened in the past, I myself organised one years ago before I go more involved with the shows.

The issue you will have is that with it not being official (SM don't do one) is getting people to attend, people get worried they'll be the only one's there etc.

Also people say they'll come and then don't, I had 50+ people on the forum say they were coming, on the night I got about 20.

Because it's not official it puts a lot of people off. I'm not saying it's not possible, as obviously it is, but a big bit of advice is DON'T book somewhere. Organise it for a pub or something like that. Trust me that if you book somewhere you'll have to pay a deposit and you'll likely loss it.

Go for it and try it again if you like, but be aware that the number of people that "say" they are coming will be about half that "actually" turn up.

That sounds like a nice idea King keep me posted and if you need any help let me know. I will wait to hear from the people that organised last years do and see of they like to team up to for saturday after afternoon evening event.

I might be interested in chilling out somewhere on the Saturday evening. It's either that or head straight back to the hotel at Gatwick. Happy to talk to you (or anyone else) about Firefly for hours on end. :smile:

Edited by yellowmarlin

Its okay Ive organized pub things for gaming companies before so going to have a hardly crack at it. Going to contact LFCC and see what time the Con ends on a saturday night and go from there. Didnt want to step on anyones toes before organizing one.

Keep your eyes peeled.

Hey Yellow will keep you posted! A Con breakfast meet would be a hoot. Will chat to you when I get some info together about the Saturday Evening shin dig

LFCC is open until 6pm on the Saturday.

Sweet :) I know what I will be doing afterwards :D

Also the good thing about london is that there is allways a pub close. (except for oxfordstreet) so if my friend is bored during the day I can allways point him the closest pub.

And well, I, prolly intrested in to having a couple of beers afterwards, but I think its better to bring this up much closer to the event. But nice initiative.

LFCC is open until 6pm on the Saturday.

Thanks! I just got my tickets today and was going to add that in the reply here. Okay thinking cap is on. Look for a post in the new few weeks with a Saturday post-LFCC pub meet/meal planned. Will put the event on FC too so its easy to track.

Thanks for the help guys and keep the suggestions coming, also if anyone would like to help let me know.

Because it's not official it puts a lot of people off.

Maybe you could just pin this thread (or a subsequent one when she's decided on time/place) for Xyliana at the top, then that way it will look at least as if it is SM approved, if not official.