Collectormania or LFCC

phil_wilce

Hi folks,

Last year i attended the LFCC and it was the best weekend of my life; so many guests and so many autographs and photo's.

This year i have looked at the line-up and i am torn between Collectormania MK and the LFCC. I am a HUGE trek fan and the Duras sisters are really tempting me to come over.

Question is; is the MK con going to have more guests added. I understand its smaller than the LFCC but are Showmasters planning on having more guests? Also, will there be the displays, talks and auction at this event?

Thanks for your help with this as I live in Belfast and will have to organise flights, hotels, travel etc and can only afford one or the other (ps i am planning a trip to Autograpioca later in the year too:) and want to go with the best value.

Thanks for your help with this folks,

Phil

Following The nerd

• Moderators

There will no doubt be more guests.

Displays, talks, auctions etc won't happen here. It will mostly just be photo shoots and autographs, so if you're interested in the wider experience then LFCC or EMS offer more - but you do have to pay entry for that, unlike MK.

In the end if I had to choose I'd go on the guest list and who my favourites were, but that will come down to you.

Thanks David,

The guest list at the moment is pretty amazing which is why i am seriously considering it. Its just weighing up travel times and fares.

As it will be more or less just a signing event, i wouldnt have to rush as much from photo to photo session as the LFCC so it seems to be a more relaxed con which would be a big plus, would you agree?

Also, any suggestions on hotels that would be close to this venue?

Thanks again,

Phil

Following The Nerd

You may still find yourself dashing between photo shoots if you have a few that are close together.

For hotels, you're probably best looking to see what's available in the centre of Milton Keynes. There's definitely a Travelodge, a Holiday Inn and a Jury's Inn all of which tend to be pretty decent. I'm sure other people will be able to recommend some more.

The venue is a good couple of miles outside of Milton Keynes but SM will be running a free bus service from the station and the shopping centre to the venue so you don't need to worry too much about getting there.

Free bus serevice to and from the venue from MK, wow, thats a great incentive to bring fans to the venue, well done SM!!

Im having a look at flights and hotels for this, i think you guys have made my mind up for me, looks like i'll be going to MK, flights and hotels pending :)

I guess the London event is known for the 'major' guests (Mike Tyson and Christopher Lloyd) but as David says its personal choice and as Trekkie fan, the current line up for MK is looking good.

Personally, I'm able to go to both as I live halfway between the MK and LFCC venues so hotel/transport isn't such of an issue as it is for others.

Either way, there both good

I guess the London event is known for the 'major' guests (Mike Tyson and Christopher Lloyd) but as David says its personal choice and as Trekkie fan, the current line up for MK is looking good.

Personally, I'm able to go to both as I live halfway between the MK and LFCC venues so hotel/transport isn't such of an issue as it is for others.

Either way, there both good

Yea, both are good,and as a family go to both. Mk makes a good long weekend away,LFCC makes for a good London break with other stuff to do. As trekkies, we go to where the best Trek guests are,though son Cookiemonster has wider tastes re actresses!(and I would go anywhere UK to see Andrew Robinson if he came back).

... as Trekkie fan, the current line up for MK is looking good.

As a trekkie fan the line at LFCC is slightly more desirable (at least in my opinion anyway) so far - i was never a fan of the original series so that only leaves Dorn as a headliner - while London will get three (Frakes, Ryan and Russ).

I am surprised that LFCC has also got three great Stargate guests so far while Milton Keynes doesn't have any?

... as Trekkie fan, the current line up for MK is looking good.

As a trekkie fan the line at LFCC is slightly more desirable (at least in my opinion anyway) so far - i was never a fan of the original series so that only leaves Dorn as a headliner - while London will get three (Frakes, Ryan and Russ).

I should say that I didn't mean this as a direct comparison to LFCC. LFCC has some brilliant Star Trek based guests, including the rare-signer Jeri Ryan. I guess that if you were interested in the 5 Milton Keynes Trekkie guests (or the growing numbers of Doctor Who guests) then this would be the convention for you. :YAHOO:

Edited by BreakingBad123

I am surprised that LFCC has also got three great Stargate guests so far while Milton Keynes doesn't have any?

Why? Guests can only be booked for dates when they are available. Those who have been booked for LFCC were most likely only available on those dates. SM don't think "let's book all the Stargate (or any other show) guests for LFCC and none for Milton Keynes".

Also, there's loads of time for guest announcements yet so there may be some Stargate people announced. Or there may not. We'll all just have to wait and see.

Thanks for you input as always folks, you have been a great help. The lineup for both looks amazing, but have to say that personally for me, there are guests that i would like to meet at MK more than LFCC, but thats no slight on either of these cons.

Have to see if work will let me book these dates off, i can never understand their unwillingness to embrace their inner fan lol

how does the free bus to event work ? im staying Shenley Church Hotel ? is it operating from there ?

Info on the free buses can be found here. It appears that the closest 'free' bus stop for you would be at the train station. I'm not sure if the bus route passes by the hotel you are staying at.

Hi. Always LF&CC for me.

better venue - event hall vs perimeter walkway at soccer stadium - nobrainer.

better location - london vs milton keynes (AKA lego town), better hotels and other things to do in the area

easier to get to onpublic transport - Tubes on the doorstep of both Earls Court of Olympia.

normally slightly bigger guests at LF&CC