GUEST DAYS AND PRICES - update 28/5/12

showmasters

Any chance of asking all four doctors if they could all appear on the one day so we can get them together? I cannot afford to come two days and will be travelling a long way

Thanks

It's always possible that one or two guests may change appearance days. But if a guest is one day only the reason for wanting to do that particular day is normally on the side of the guest - may it be that for e xample they have a prior commitment that day or that they just consider one day of the weekend a strict resting day.

Friday's are sually rather quiet at MK, at leats the ones I've doen on the friday.

Being the bank holiday weekend for the Jubilee though there will probs be a lot more people off than normal, and so at this. Still not as many as Saturday or Sunday though.

As for the shoots, we will have to wait and see. I dont remember any last time at MK on the friday. Anyone correct me?

Friday's are sually rather quiet at MK, at leats the ones I've doen on the friday.

I love going on the friday when I can. It's always been so much quieter but of course does depend on who you want to meet and what days they're doing.

Luckily nearly everyone I want to meet is listed on friday so hopefully I can get the autos then and just pick up a couple of others I want on saturday between photoshoots and not have to rush around too much.

Being the bank holiday weekend for the Jubilee though there will probs be a lot more people off than normal, and so at this. Still not as many as Saturday or Sunday though.

Hmmm, hopefully not too many :YAHOO: The friday isn't a bank holiday though so hard to judge. It'll definitely be quieter than the other days though.

As for the shoots, we will have to wait and see. I dont remember any last time at MK on the friday. Anyone correct me?

Dont think you're wrong. Never been any on a friday that I'm aware of and I've been going since CM4 in 2003.

Just wanted to know if they do photo shoots on the friday as its my day off but cant make saturday or sunday as I work and how busy is it likely to be on the friday? Thanks

As the others have mentioned there has not been any Friday photo shoots at previous events, and unlikely to be at this one based on that.

Friday is quieter. Not all of the guests attend on the Friday. Keep an eye on the Guest days thread for appearance days.

I wasnt sure about the shoots as I couldnt remember if the friday's of the shopping centre had them. I know the stadium hasnt.

And yeah, I like the quieter days. My gf is crewing friday hopefully too, so I'll have even less to do really so just lots of wandering about, chatting to friends :) We're at the hotel so I can hang int he room during the day too, make it a nice easy day :)

From what I recall the last time this came up, it simply isn't financially viable. The Friday attendance is much lower than that of Saturday and Sunday normally. Consequently there wouldn't be enough demand to cover the costs of the photographer/s.

Having shoots on friday would be a good thing given the guests who are down for being there that day.

Im only able to attend on the friday and it would be nice to have photoshoots (unless all the guests are happy to pose while signing)

I suspect there's rarely enough people (guests and attendees) going on the friday to make it worthwhile, plus you have to pay the photographer etc for an extra day.

Can't guarantee that posed photos at the table will be possible either but there might be more chance on the friday than the rest of the weekend.

Edit: Darn, 1of2 gets in with the same thought :)

Edited by Rockstar6662

(unless all the guests are happy to pose while signing)
There is no guarantee for various reasons, but guests are encourged to have posed photos at the signing desk.

Edit: Darn, 1of2 gets in with the same thought :)
And you managed to answer the other query before me. I was distracted watching Chuck :thumbup:

Can somebody help me im pretty new to collectormania ive only been once before. My train doesn't get into Milton Keynes till about half 1 and i've pre booked photo shoots what happens if i miss them ?? and what time do the photo shoots normally start ??

Thank you

Can somebody help me im pretty new to collectormania ive only been once before. My train doesn't get into Milton Keynes till about half 1 and i've pre booked photo shoots what happens if i miss them ?? and what time do the photo shoots normally start ??

Thank you

Shoots will start before 1pm, so depending on who you have, you could miss them. And unfortunatley, if you miss them, you miss them :D

Only thing anyone can say is, is there any way at all you could get there earlier if your shoots are earlier ones? The timetable wont be up till quite close to the event, so it will be better to try and work something out now than waiting of its going to be hard to do.

Josef Altin has been missed off your list.

also when will the guests announced this week be added to the list?

need to plan my budget.

and also is there a max of autos you can get from one guest, as i have LOADS to get signed by Lena Headey (TSCC and GoT stuff)

Thank you

Shoots will start before 1pm, so depending on who you have, you could miss them. And unfortunatley, if you miss them, you miss them :(

Only thing anyone can say is, is there any way at all you could get there earlier if your shoots are earlier ones? The timetable wont be up till quite close to the event, so it will be better to try and work something out now than waiting of its going to be hard to do.

Sorry if im being a pain, thank you for replying !! We could get the earlier train but its going to cost at least £60 + each, Were just cheap skates getting getting cheap tickets lol so it looks like we might have to travel the night before and stay at a hotel !! Thank you for your advice :)

Josef Altin has been missed off your list.

also when will the guests announced this week be added to the list?

need to plan my budget.

and also is there a max of autos you can get from one guest, as i have LOADS to get signed by Lena Headey (TSCC and GoT stuff)

Lena shoots are supposed to be added to the store tomorrow if I recall that e-mail correctly, so the list shoupld be updated soon.

The limit is 5 autographs if there's a virtual queue in place.

Hi, I haven't attended Collectormania for ages, so I don't remember how photoshoot works for 2 people on the same pic with a guest attending, do we have to pay 1 photoshoot each? Example: £10 for each or £15 for both.

Thanks for your help! :(

Hi, I haven't attended Collectormania for ages, so I don't remember how photoshoot works for 2 people on the same pic with a guest attending, do we have to pay 1 photoshoot each? Example: £10 for each or £15 for both.

Thanks for your help! :thumbup:

Yes, it priced per person. Each attendee within the photo is required to pay whatever the stated price is. If the price is £10 then you both pay £10.

Also if two of you are in the photo then two photos will be taken, and printed.