help us promote this event and we will book even more guests for it

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

by getting the word out we will sell more tickets and if we sell out we will book more guests for you to meet .

we plan to have around 12 guests attending this con but if we do sell out we will book more guests and we will give some of the extra guests autographs away for free so helping us make the event sucsessfull means you will get to meet more cool guests and get more autographs for free on top of what you get in your ticket to help as much as you can .

and here is a logo you can use to help promote the event

forumelstree.jpg

thanks we are all looking forward to this event so much

jason :vader:

• Showmasters Admin

thank you for that it all helps gone are the days were you could get 6 guests and have 1000 fans turn up and have a fun day , this event will be all what we hope it will be but we need to get the word out to as many people as we can to really make it work so thanks mate you are making a difference .

i am so going to enjoy going to this event

its going to be a day long remembered :D

jason

thank you for that it all helps gone are the days were you could get 6 guests and have 1000 fans turn up and have a fun day , this event will be all what we hope it will be but we need to get the word out to as many people as we can to really make it work so thanks mate you are making a difference .

i am so going to enjoy going to this event

its going to be a day long remembered :D

jason

Are you able to tell us just who will be attending?

Cast/Crew etc?

Because once some names are announced there will be more interest.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

With all due respect, Dufrense, it generally helps if people know what they are paying for and who they are paying to meet before they part with cash and start making travel arrangements, etc, for events.

And I say this with no prejudice, but, it's not uncommon for events of this nature to be announced on these forums, have a number of tickets sold for them and then be cancelled a month or so down the line. In fact I'd say that the show specific events seem to have a very high probability of falling into the "postponed" or "cancelled" category.

There are loads of Star Wars fans who would love to attend an event like this - we've been without one for years, but until it's set in stone and more details and a firmer guest list is announced, I simply cannot justify parting with the cash and making the travel and acommodation arrangments that I would need to.

So, I'll be sitting tight until I can be confident that it's going ahead and with a schedule & guest list worth making the effort for.

Edited by lukeowl

So, I'll be sitting tight until I can be confident that it's going ahead and with a schedule & guest list worth making the effort for.

And there the catch is if you do promote it to your hearts content in the meantime without already booking yourself, everyone else might buy a ticket so you end up missing out.

There's no danger of this being cancelled. But if anyone else announced a Star Wars event and launched it with one guest nearly everyone would wait for more before booking. Jason's history with the franchise means people don't have to worry here; they know he can get the guests and do a good Star Wars show

In some ways I'd say it's harder to promote an event on the promise of maybe more than 12 guests, when there's only 1 so far, than it would be general promotion. e.g. around 12 is hitting the target, more than 12 doing better than hoped, so nowhere near 12 sounds artificially underperforming.

And there the catch is if you do promote it to your hearts content in the meantime without already booking yourself, everyone else might buy a ticket so you end up missing out.

There's no danger of this being cancelled. But if anyone else announced a Star Wars event and launched it with one guest nearly everyone would wait for more before booking. Jason's history with the franchise means people don't have to worry here; they know he can get the guests and do a good Star Wars show

In some ways I'd say it's harder to promote an event on the promise of maybe more than 12 guests, when there's only 1 so far, than it would be general promotion. e.g. around 12 is hitting the target, more than 12 doing better than hoped, so nowhere near 12 sounds artificially underperforming.

I'm not doubting the ability to organise events and put them on, but I have seen previous Empire Day's announced only to then fall by the wayside. And let's not forget that there have been many other non-Star Wars related events that were specific to other franchises that have been announced and then postponed/moved to another date or cancelled alltogether.

It's a catch 22 situation. I would have been more confident booking tickets for an event announced by SM of this nature 6 or 7 years ago when very few of their announced events bit the dust. I just can't make the commitment until I know the event is 100% going ahead. If that means I miss out because I choose to wait until I know it's actually happening, then so be it. A lot of people have to prioritise their cash these days - I can't be booking event tickets, transportation and probably a hotel while there is a chance of the event being postponed. I'm sure there are many others who are in the same boat as me on this one.

• Moderators

It's a catch 22 situation. I would have been more confident booking tickets for an event announced by SM of this nature 6 or 7 years ago when very few of their announced events bit the dust. I just can't make the commitment until I know the event is 100% going ahead. If that means I miss out because I choose to wait until I know it's actually happening, then so be it. A lot of people have to prioritise their cash these days - I can't be booking event tickets, transportation and probably a hotel while there is a chance of the event being postponed. I'm sure there are many others who are in the same boat as me on this one.

...and the more people who don't book tickets on the off chance that it is postponed or cancelled (both of which cases would offer a refund of event ticket money) the more likely it is that the event IS postponed or cancelled... Not making non-refundable travel or accomodation arrangements is one thing, but not buying a ticket because it might get cancelled seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy type deal.

...and the more people who don't book tickets on the off chance that it is postponed or cancelled (both of which cases would offer a refund of event ticket money) the more likely it is that the event IS postponed or cancelled... Not making non-refundable travel or accomodation arrangements is one thing, but not buying a ticket because it might get cancelled seems like a self-fulfilling prophecy type deal.

Not really. It's more a case of being cautious. As I said in my previous posts - 6 or 7 years back I would not have hesitated, but more and more with the franchise specific events we see them announced and then cancelled. If SM are running an event, they shouldn't do it purely on the uptake on basic information only. If and when it's a serious event with a growing guest list and more accurate detail around what will be happening then I and plenty of others will book. Of this I am certain.

The problem is it seems that SM have the idea that they'd like to run an event relating to a specific franchise, announce it and then hope that people will invest in it without knowing the detail. It just doesn't happen in this economic climate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Showmasters Admin

[

Not really. It's more a case of being cautious. As I said in my previous posts - 6 or 7 years back I would not have hesitated, but more and more with the franchise specific events we see them announced and then cancelled. If SM are running an event, they shouldn't do it purely on the uptake on basic information only. If and when it's a serious event with a growing guest list and more accurate detail around what will be happening then I and plenty of others will book. Of this I am certain.

The problem is it seems that SM have the idea that they'd like to run an event relating to a specific franchise, announce it and then hope that people will invest in it without knowing the detail. It just doesn't happen in this economic climate.

i just saw this post and though i would comment :thumbup:

when i started up the first Star Wars event int he UK back in the early 90s there was nothing else to go to, and then people tried hard to get to what ever was going on were ever it was held as there was nothing like this then , now days everyone can go to an event nearly every other month if they are into star wars so with this event we did something new and different and because of this the event has sold well and made the event happen .

so the fans that did buy tickets made the event happen with out them this event would not happen so if you like the thought of a event we are planning then get behind it and help make it a happen.

what i do not understand lukeowl is your thought behind not buying a ticket till near when the event is going to take place ? why not book a ticket if you like the them of the event then neat the time if you see all is going well then book travel and hotels the things that are not refundable then ? as you know we refund any events that we cancel so there is no risk with booking a ticket , so people booking tickets show us that there is interest in the event and we know that we can grow the event and make it into the event everyone want to go to , but if no one books a ticket and holds out till the last week then the guest list will be less and the event may even need to be canceled dew to us thinking that no one cares about attending , we had this at our Being Human event we had 9 cast member for the event 2 leads and one in the wings if tickets sold well and we sold 36 tickets i think ? something like that , when we canceled the event we had around 50 people contact to say that they were planning to attend but did not book , so the best way to make new events happen is to support them from the start there is not risk as if there is not the interest in the event it will not happen and you will be refunded and if there is the support then you will have helped to start up an event of something you like , you all know we do a good job running the event and we do pull in amazing guests and we try very hard to get everyone we can to attend so backing an event is the best way to get to meet the guests from these shows .

when we cancel an event its only down to lack of support , if you want the event to happen and there is the interest by the fans then we will run them and the way we see the interest is there is by ticket sales.

one last thing lukeowl you say you trust us about 6 or 7 years back well we did not start running small con event till around 5 years ago and they are run under massive event and the nature of cons is they have a shout life span they only run for a few years so events will run for a few then stop and the time to know when to stop them would be when tickets do not sell to cover the event , every organiser in the world has had to cancel an event from time to time , its the way of things its like guest dropping out its what happens , nothing can be done to stop this but refunding people every time helps for people to know that there money is safe with us and thats very important to us, we know that its your money till the event it over and we keep it safe so if there are issues we can refund you , its not a one sided thing we do here , we work with the fans to put on these events in a way we are partner we work to gather up the guests book the venue and the fans buy tickets to pay for the event to happen , we could not do this with out you and vice a versa you know we respect you and care that you all have a good time and get good value for your money and at the same time to cover what we need to keep on running these events.

these will be cancelations in the future and these will also be some really great events that you will attend we try our best every time but sometimes its just not to be , but we do feel its best to have tried to run a new event that not to have tried at all , as sometimes we get it right the fans get behind it and the event is a moment in time that is very special.

The hobbits at CM4

The Heros cast at LFCC

Jim lovell and Fred Haise signing for the first time together sins apollo 13 in the UK

as JFK said "We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard"

just because its hard dose not stop us trying and we will keep trying to bring you some amazing event over the nest 10 years :YAHOO:

i hope that helps you understand how we come to these decisions and a little bit more about us.

one last thing this Empire day is going to be a really great day for fans of star wars and event thought we thought here that a Star Wars only day or weekend may have had its day we dared to try , and what we have is a amazing line up of very rare guests that rarely attend events and sign for the fans so it was so worth trying and thank you all for backing us and allowing us to run this very special day for us all.

see some of you at the event

jason

we had this at our Being Human event we had 9 cast member for the event 2 leads and one in the wings if tickets sold well

:thumbup:

Now I really am gutted. I remember buying a ticket for Housebroken because the event looked so good. Its a shame its not still going especially with the excellent new cast.

• Showmasters Admin

we had this at our Being Human event we had 9 cast member for the event 2 leads and one in the wings if tickets sold well

:D

Now I really am gutted. I remember buying a ticket for Housebroken because the event looked so good. Its a shame its not still going especially with the excellent new cast.

me to mate and all that needed to happen was for people to get behind it that was all i love that show and it would have been such an amazing event,

I cannot say this to much , if you like an event and think it would be something you are going to enjoy buy a ticket when you can it helps us to know that people want to attend and tell others of the event this helps get others to the show and if we sell more tickets we can make the event even better for you , i think people if they are worried that its a first time event my want to hold off booking travel and if you book the con hotel you are covered as well as if the event dose not go ahead then you get your room refunded also anyway so no risk there , its just travel so hold off on that aspect of the trip , but most of the time you can see if an event is going well by the numbers of people talking about it in the forum , anyway i hope that helps to show everyone who events work and how we look at getting new events up and running .

jason

when i started up the first Star Wars event int he UK back in the early 90s there was nothing else to go to, and then people tried hard to get to what ever was going on were ever it was held as there was nothing like this then

one last thing this Empire day is going to be a really great day for fans of star wars and event thought we thought here that a Star Wars only day or weekend may have had its day we dared to try , and what we have is a amazing line up of very rare guests that rarely attend events and sign for the fans so it was so worth trying and thank you all for backing us and allowing us to run this very special day for us all.

see some of you at the event

jason

Thanks for everything Jason. I've been with you since those 'ol Falcon Society days.

To have an event at Elstree is a dream come true, and I am really looking forward to the day.