Directors

Buk

I think a really popular guest category would be directors.

I remember Neil Marshall and George Romero at previous events, so why not more?

I'd put Rob Zombie top of my list.

Could also be TV show directors, not just movies.

Any one agree and got suggestions?

I've asked for directors ages ago but the thing is I dont think most of them are that interested or are just too busy or too big.

Horror directors seem to be the ones that we do get if ever probably cos horror directors are more in tune with the fans of the genre and fandom in general.

TV show directors I really dont think anyone would be interested in. I can't even name one (that isnt also famous for directing movies or is a creator of a whole series like Joss Weadon).

I once asked George Romero why he did cons and why few other directors did. Cant remmeber what he said but it was something along the lines of him just enjoying it and he liked to promote his movies at the same time (in this case it was Diary of the Dead). Neil Marshall did it probably cos he's a geek at heart himself and so appreciates fandom (though based on what Romero said, I'd think Marshall was the same when he appeared at CM around the time of Doomsday).

The other directors we've had are Irvin Kirshner and John Landis. Tobe Hooper cancelled and hasn't been back. Oh yeah, Jonathan Frakes too but he doesn't really count IMO.

Edited by nicky

I think a really popular guest category would be directors.

I remember Neil Marshall and George Romero at previous events, so why not more?

I'd put Rob Zombie top of my list.

Could also be TV show directors, not just movies.

Any one agree and got suggestions?

agree with you ... I don't know why we don't have more directors in theses events ...

John McTiernan

Tim Burton

Kenneth Brannagh

Ivan Reitman

Richard Donner