Hotel code?

Chelle2009

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well thats confusing as i booked the hotel well before xmas (werent we told there would be no code this time just book direct with ther hotel) and recently updated the info to say it was the hub booking as i just made a booking initially for these dates and was told they would add the info to my booking? i hope my booking is ok, a friend booked through an online site and said it was a hub booking as well in the notes and it was not picked up either that they couldnt do this?

Edited by buffy2k

well thats confusing as i booked the hotel well before xmas (werent we told there would be no code this time just book direct with ther hotel) and recently updated the info to say it was the hub booking as i just made a booking initially for these dates and was told they would add the info to my booking? i hope my booking is ok, a friend booked through an online site and said it was a hub booking as well in the notes and it was not picked up either that they couldnt do this?

The staff has changed and has apparently decided to do things different than before. If you got your booking in before that you should be okay.

Those third party website bookings are tricky. Technically the hotel should be fully blocked for the event, but for some reason some sites still offer availability.

I'm not sure what site it was, but chances are big that your friend's info was not even sent to the hotel yet. So they would not have seen the note there. At least Expedia does not send the booking info out more than a week or so before booking if you book far in advance.

Well up until xmas you could book on expedia and bookings.com.its not a big hotel anyway so i am wondering how many rooms are left when they actually start taking bookings as i am aware quite a few rooms were booked with them already. I just hope its not going to be the same fiasco as with chevron where they tried to put a lot of people over to the ibis cos they went and overbooked.

i shall be checking my booking in the morning.

This is all very confusing. I can understand problems with third party sites, but I booked a room through the Park Inn's website. I have a full confirmation email as well (first time I've had one of those in ages).
As Queen_Sindel has explained above, due to a staff change the hotel has changed the process, and if your booking was made before this change then you should not have a problem. It is only people who have attempted to make a booking after this change who have had issues. Edited by 1of2

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates on the hotel code yet?

Also just wondering what the difference is between the con rate & the regular rate for a single room? Because I'm beginning to think about the advisability of just eating the cost difference so I can be sure to get a room @ the Park Inn in case of a gout flare up.

Morgan

Any updates on the hotel code yet?

Also just wondering what the difference is between the con rate & the regular rate for a single room? Because I'm beginning to think about the advisability of just eating the cost difference so I can be sure to get a room @ the Park Inn in case of a gout flare up.

Morgan

The Park Inn should have blocked all rooms for that weekend for ME. So when you call them and ask for the standard rate there should be no availability, provided that things don't get mixed up again.

Just rang the hotel this afternoon, to be told that the rooms still haven't been released yet, BUT they have just released the rooms for Bitten event in August 2012. The receptionist was lovely, but as confused as the rest of us as to why April isn't available, yet August is.

Also she quoted the rooms as £69.50 per night when the rooms do get released not £68 quoted on the venue info page of Hub 8 web page.

Hope this helps people.

Lady Jane

so then if they have supposedly blocked off all the rooms for the hub what happens to those who booked months ago direct on online sites or direct with the hotel. was sure we were told to just book with the hotel direct a few months ago on here. i am totally confused hope this doesnt mean we are going to get bumped when they get themselves sorted out now as there were a number of people who booked the hotel before xmas that i know of for sure.?

so then if they have supposedly blocked off all the rooms for the hub what happens to those who booked months ago direct on online sites or direct with the hotel. was sure we were told to just book with the hotel direct a few months ago on here. i am totally confused hope this doesnt mean we are going to get bumped when they get themselves sorted out now as there were a number of people who booked the hotel before xmas that i know of for sure.?
As I have explained a few posts above, if a booking was made before the hotel policy changed then it shouldn't be a problem. It is only peope who have attempted to make a booking after the policy change that have encountered problems.

I would suggest to anyone who had already made a booking to confirm with the hotel that it is still okay.

Apologies if i misread this 1of2 but i was going on the post further up which said all the rooms in the hotel were being blocked for the Hub but if they only stopped taking bookings at xmas from people outside the hub there will be some rooms already gone. This was confusing as i was sure i read there was no hotel code and to book direct with the hotel or would have waited for a code.

Anyway sure it will all work out ok as long as they add up the nos right and will check back nearer the time.

Edited by buffy2k

Apologies if i misread this 1of2 but i was going on the post further up which said all the rooms in the hotel were being blocked for the Hub but if they only stopped taking bookings at xmas from people outside the hub there will be some rooms already gone. This was confusing as i was sure i read there was no hotel code and to book direct with the hotel or would have waited for a code.

Anyway sure it will all work out ok as long as they add up the nos right and will check back nearer the time.

I'm have no idea how many rooms have been allocated for this event. Those that have will not be available for the general public to book. At previous events I have seen the odd non-attendee staying at the hotel, so it is possible that a few rooms are kept back for the general public.

As it stands no code is required (as previously just mention that you are attending The Hub). The delay, and subsequent confusion, has been due to a hotel policy change that required additional paperwork from ME (which they were unaware of until recently). Apologies about that.

I'm have no idea how many rooms have been allocated for this event. Those that have will not be available for the general public to book. At previous events I have seen the odd non-attendee staying at the hotel, so it is possible that a few rooms are kept back for the general public.

As it stands no code is required (as previously just mention that you are attending The Hub). The delay, and subsequent confusion, has been due to a hotel policy change that required additional paperwork from ME (which they were unaware of until recently). Apologies about that.

still not able to book when i rang today

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know that The Park Inn have all the paperwork they need now and so bedrooms are on sale for The Hub! :D

I know that they have had loads of enquiries so please book as soon as you can in order to make sure you get a room! :YAHOO:

Thank you so much for your patience.

We have a fantastic event planned for you and we love running the Torchwood events so much so we can't wait to see you all again.

Take care,

Mark :D

My booking is all done now too.....though I'm still waiting for an email confirmation, since Wednesday. I'll be phoning later on to double check.

xxx

They sent me an invoice in the post a few days later - did they offer this to you too? I was a bit worried at first too as I didn't have a confirmation no. But all seems OK.

My booking is all done now too.....though I'm still waiting for an email confirmation, since Wednesday. I'll be phoning later on to double check.

xxx

They sent me an invoice in the post a few days later - did they offer this to you too? I was a bit worried at first too as I didn't have a confirmation no. But all seems OK.

They didn't mention anything about an invoice, but it may well be in the post. I will look out for it, and if nothing by mid-week, will phone them. Thanks for that info.

xxx

Still no confirmation email, or invoice, and rather more worryingly they haven't taken out the deposit of £52...I presume everyone else has had to pay this? It's a week tomorrow since I booked and I know hotels are normally really fast at taking payments...

xxx

I booked early December direct and i was not told of a deposit to pay & i have checked my booking twice since then to make sure ok. No invoice just a confirmation email, nothing has come out of my credit card i know (& not authorised it anyway) & i booked rooms for other people as well so i am concerned if i am going to get charged for their rooms in case they dont end up coming. I was told on this forum theres a new system since january but i still dont want to find i get bumped over the road like the people at chevron cos they didn't charge the cards & have overbooked. My confirmation says you can cancel up to the day of arrival so if they want deposits now are they going to refund these in case of canx then or not. A friend of mine booked through bookings.com and was also told there was no deposit to pay and it was full payment on arrival.

We never used to have these queries with the park & there really needs to be a better system,and perhaps we should have been advised beforehand there was a deposit system in place and how much & when it wa due as i know at Hub 1 there was not then there was for hub 2 then it changed again as we never got charged last time we were here so what is correct?. Will be calling yet again tomorrow then!

Edited by buffy2k

I think someone needs to clarify this ASAP because whilst I don't mind paying a deposit as a means of securing a room, the fact that it hasn't been taken is worrying me. Mind you, the person I spoke to when I booked sounded like she clearly didn't have a clue. Phone call coming tonight.....

xxx